Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Peterborough - Match Thread / Post Match Views

Comments

• Reading the thread, it sounded dreadful, dire, bad, appalling, ...
  • edited December 2016
    Utter utter pissh.
  • I have seen Sunday league players better than Crofts, Ajose, Fox and Lookman today.

Awful performance and we really need a lot of reinforcements in January.
  • 1StevieG said:

Lookman should be nowhere near taking set pieces ever again. Ever.

I doubt that will be much of a problem. Today he looked like a player with his mind elsewhere while avoiding getting a knock.
    Maybe the last time we see him in a Charlton shirt at the Valley.
  • If there are any tossers on here who booed Fox, would you have booed Lookman? Serious question.
  • redbuttle said:

Total shit no excuses Lookman was useless yet everyone has a go at Fox

Seems to be playing like someone whose agent has told him that he'll definitely be at another club come the New Year
  • So much anger, you all need to join me and the rest of the boycotters and chill.

I had a lazy morning with brekkie in bed, a lovely pub lunch in front of a roaring fire, and I am just about to settle down and watch the latest Tom Hanks film.

Roland can do one regarding my money #notapennymore
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2016
    Only my second game of the season - previous was the loss to the Wombles - utter rubbish no-one comes out of that game with any credit - no teamwork, no drive, no fight - clueless disinterested performances across the park. Empty soulless Vallley and the Ramsgate bound train is full of West Ham scum - I f'king hate football at moment!
  • We'll smash Wall Wednesday lads&ladies.
  • Not picking him out as everyone was poor today yet Lookman is barely worth £1m!!

A Premier League side tracking him at the moment is EVERYTHING wrong with Football... Oh look an 18-year old can play First-Team football lets sign him... If a Premier League side sign him yet dont loan him back for the season then they're bloody bonkers; he'd be another version of Joe Pigott against Millwall if he left us in January and went straight into a Premier League side, they'll murder him!!

If a club is going to buy Lookman then it won't be based on any one game, he'll have been scouted for weeks/months. And a major factor of them buying him will be his potential. Let's not forget he always seems to do well when he's away with his national team age group and he's only just turned 19. No one is saying he's the finished article, far from it.
    Then leave him with us... Leave him where he can get the experience of playing against seasoned professionals every week (isn't that why the Academy teams joined the JPT?)

Instead he'll be signed by a Premier League side; thrown back into the U23s because he isn't ready yet will score constantly because he'll be better than the kids around him (hence why he plays for England U19s), he might then get a run out every so often in a Cup or League match which isnt massively important and then next season will be potentially loaned out to a Championship side.

At the moment I see him treading almost the exact same path as Jonjo Shelvey when he left us
    Is that a bad thing? I doubt Shelvey has too many regrets about leaving us.

If he's sold Lookman will be training with better players every day, earning more money and at worst will get loaned out to a championship side next season, which is still a higher level of football than he's playing now.
    He's unlikely to be thinking, "no i won't go, i'm really happy playing regular football for a mid table league one side who are going nowhere".
  • edited December 2016
    I think the players should give their wages for this week to charity to because they certainly didn't earn it. Disgraceful from all of them. And Fox getting pelters when subbed was embarrassing. Not like he was the only one that had a game because they all stunk the place out.
  • PWR - it's was total dross against a very average L1 side.

Credit to Posh - the 2 goals were from good play.
    We did hit the woodwork twice when 1-0 down, but we are just not good enough - even at this level.
  • That was pretty dismal, hard to figure out why we were that bad really, as I've seen us enough this season to know we're better than that.

Peterborough passed it much better, and worked much harder especially in the 1st half when we awful. We were good for 10 minutes at the start of the 2nd half and unlucky not to score, but after that brief moment it all fizzled out. For the rest of the game our passing was shocking, and the lack of effort unacceptable

No idea why Botaka was taken off rather than Lookman either.

• Rob7Lee said:

Well done to all the twats for booing Fox's substitution. High levels of intelligence on show at The Valley today.

I couldn't work out who was being boo'd? Fox or Robinson for taking him off........
    People didnt boo that substitution it was the one that got cheered!
    yeah seems strange. usually an ironic cheer is the norm from some of our fans. for example when Makienok used to get subbed.
  • edited December 2016
    When JJ does not play we have no leader on the pitch, can not see us making the playoffs on that performance, no Roland Out chants, so I suppose the crowd all 5000 of them were supporting the team. KR looked quite sheepish when walking off at the end.
  • Tutt-Tutt said:

So, Posh came with a 4-4-2 diamond formation and we looked clueless on how to play against it. Forrester (8) at the base of the diamond ran the game and Taylor (10) ran riot at the tip. Why didn't we recognise their positions and pick them up man-for-man? Why didn't we adjust our formation to match up? With Lookman and Botaka playing wide, we often had 2 v 4 in the central areas and they just played through us. FFS, wake up!

What a miserable afternoon. Well beaten by a tactically superior, better organised, fitter and better structured team. Robbo me ol china, stop the rabbiting now and get it sorted. EIther the scouting reports or your tactics were horribly wrong. The Stan Boardman routine ain't gonna work without results.

In the pre match interview KR says that Lookman and Botaka were both playing narrow. No idea why they went so wide in the actual game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Rob7Lee said:

Well done to all the twats for booing Fox's substitution. High levels of intelligence on show at The Valley today.

I couldn't work out who was being boo'd? Fox or Robinson for taking him off........
    People didnt boo that substitution it was the one that got cheered!
    yeah seems strange. usually an ironic cheer is the norm from some of our fans. for example when Makienok used to get subbed.
    There was a sizeable cheer when Fox went off, of the thank f*** he's been taken off variety

I don't agree with targeting players that way, but he was very poor today, and one moment in the first half when he went on the attack, and closed down their keeper, but then took 20 seconds to get back while Posh attacked down our left side was very poor
  • edited December 2016

• Comprehensively ourtplayed by Peterborough.

Peterborough.

Every Charlton player on the pitch either played poorly or is just not capable of playing to a competitive (i.e playoff) standard in this league. Magennis and I suppose Phillips were exceptions.

Man, that was bad.
  • edited December 2016
    Started well - first 15mins (and again in the second half), then it all went to pieces. Posh were lively and well organised with a plan - we weren't. Maybe that's what comes of 8 managers in a relatively short time - they now need to get used to KR's 'way', but they aren't - yet. Chicksen should've started instead of the woeful Fox. Botaka hot and cold and Lookman some awful touches and as for the dead balls - they were well and truly dire - and the slip at the end summed up the whole game - still it made me laugh - the only thing that did. I expected something from this game but not the embarrassment that it was. That's it for me until next year.
  • Think that's just about as bad as its been.

No new manager bounce, why does I it takes a committee meeting 10 minutes to make a substitution.

We are clueless, weak in the tackle, poor at passing the 5-10 yard straightforward ball and lacking in fitness, particularly compared to Peterborough.

In short we were out fought, out thought and by the look of them probably out on the piss last night.

I really find it hard to understand the logic of the latest managerial appointment, he likes to talk the talk but so far he comes nowhere near to walking the walk. Give him to the end of January.
  • We are fucking crap
  • That's my view....very poor
  • Wtf are all the weird signs in the east stand about? Left of the V. Red smiley faces etc

SE7 positives fighting back.
    They spent more time taking photos of themselves and farting around being generally distracting to everyone behind them than watching the game and supporting the team.
  • The total lack of protest songs was to blame.

Lame performance, lots of poor personal performances and no team performance against a decent but nothing special side.

Sad to sad Konsa was poor, hes young and learning but struggled but so did many others.

So flat on and off the pitch.

Posh an organised counter attacking side who moved and kept the ball far better than us.

Dreading Millwall if we play like that but I'll be there.