Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Peterborough - Match Thread / Post Match Views

Comments

• Oh well, we can at least look forward to knocking around mid table for the rest of the season.
  • Let's see who he brings in January
  • Why the fuck is fox in the team he is so shit.roll on wed for 2 shit sides.please don't play fox.
  • Lookman should be nowhere near taking set pieces ever again. Ever.
  • If KR can spin that one, he has a Career in PR, not football !
  • off we go to Millwall... :neutral:
  • As for lookman go now you not even that fucking good.just the rest are so bad the club is in such a mess it's unreal
  • Managed to get Player up & running by kick off so listened to the whole match......I feel ten times worse now !

What sticks in my mind were the comments by Terry & his co-presenter which I usually miss being at the match in person.

The fact that we kept giving the ball away, playing it too far in front of the receiver or sometimes, too far behind ; the lack of any attacking midfielders supporting the strikers when the ball is in the box ; and the inability to hit the target when we DID manage to get on top for a few minutes at the start of the second half.

So, the questions remain.....is KR the man to take us onwards & upwards , even if it's only in L1 or is the make up of the squad so poor/uneven that Mourinho would struggle to turn things around ?

With no goals scored in 3 of the last 4 games, is it JUST the midfield that needs an overhaul /

And finally, will RD/KM give the gaffer ample funds to replace a shed load of the current bunch ?

Anyone able to answer in the affirmative to all of the above gets a kiss from Fanny at Millwall with the addition of a humbug and a few germs.

( Thanks for the good wishes, guys )

:smile:

• We have to face it we are just a league one mid table mediocre team

You honestly think we will end up mid table with these dire performances
  • Sponsored links:

• 9 shots on target, over the course of (nearly) 4 games under Robinson. One goal scored.

10 shots on target, in 3 games under Nugent. 8 goals scored.

Go figure.

Nugent was a striker wasn't he! If I remember rightly he was, Robinson?
  • At present we don't have the consistency levels to launch a play off challenge but looking at performances in the games leading up we have too much to get involved in a relegation dog fight.

My bet about wearing Islamic clothing like a burka and posting a photo on Charlton Life still stands.

We are prone to these dire performances but we have shown a few decent ones as well. We will have quite a few of each between now and the of the season. But we certainly won't go down. I will wear a burka and post it on Charlton Life if we do.
  • See what happens when roger gets dropped
  • Charlton - the gift that keeps on giving. That sounded dire.

We'll pick up enough wins to stay up with ease but not enough to mount a serious challenge for the play-offs. And Meire will spin that as a good season of consolidation before the 2017-18 push for promotion blah blah ...
  • So many poor performances today. We cannot get in the play offs with that team. I expect promotion at the minimum from our owners after what they have put us through.

Can't see that happening bar 5/6 really good players coming in, which won't happen, so probably another tick in that failure column that RD famously doesn't do
  • Rob said:

Not looking forward to Wednesday.

Wouldn't have looked forward if we had won 5-0.
  • Honestly think we had more completed passes to Peterborough players than ourselves today.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm putting the Christmas tree up. Endless arguments about which side should face out. Losing the will to live.

But still having more fun by the sound of it than those who have braved the Christmas traffic to go to the Valley.

New Era my a**e.

Anyway........how's the Christmas tree looking?
  • Total shit no excuses Lookman was useless yet everyone has a go at Fox

• redbuttle said:

Total shit no excuses Lookman was useless yet everyone has a go at Fox

I still say I am not convinced that a Prem side will be in for him. Too light weight for one thing...
  • Not picking him out as everyone was poor today yet Lookman is barely worth £1m!!

A Premier League side tracking him at the moment is EVERYTHING wrong with Football... Oh look an 18-year old can play First-Team football lets sign him... If a Premier League side sign him yet dont loan him back for the season then they're bloody bonkers; he'd be another version of Joe Pigott against Millwall if he left us in January and went straight into a Premier League side, they'll murder him!!
  • PWR

Glad I didn't waste my money on that pile of ... it's going to be a long winter. Mid table mediocrity 50% Into the abyss 50%
  • Not picking him out as everyone was poor today yet Lookman is barely worth £1m!!

A Premier League side tracking him at the moment is EVERYTHING wrong with Football... Oh look an 18-year old can play First-Team football lets sign him... If a Premier League side sign him yet dont loan him back for the season then they're bloody bonkers; he'd be another version of Joe Pigott against Millwall if he left us in January and went straight into a Premier League side, they'll murder him!!

If a club is going to buy Lookman then it won't be based on any one game, he'll have been scouted for weeks/months. And a major factor of them buying him will be his potential. Let's not forget he always seems to do well when he's away with his national team age group and he's only just turned 19. No one is saying he's the finished article, far from it.

If a club is going to buy Lookman then it won't be based on any one game, he'll have been scouted for weeks/months. And a major factor of them buying him will be his potential. Let's not forget he always seems to do well when he's away with his national team age group and he's only just turned 19. No one is saying he's the finished article, far from it.
    Then leave him with us... Leave him where he can get the experience of playing against seasoned professionals every week (isn't that why the Academy teams joined the JPT?)

Instead he'll be signed by a Premier League side; thrown back into the U23s because he isn't ready yet will score constantly because he'll be better than the kids around him (hence why he plays for England U19s), he might then get a run out every so often in a Cup or League match which isnt massively important and then next season will be potentially loaned out to a Championship side.

At the moment I see him treading almost the exact same path as Jonjo Shelvey when he left us
  • Well done to all the twats for booing Fox's substitution. High levels of intelligence on show at The Valley today.

I couldn't work out who was being boo'd? Fox or Robinson for taking him off........
  • Rob7Lee said:

Well done to all the twats for booing Fox's substitution. High levels of intelligence on show at The Valley today.

I couldn't work out who was being boo'd? Fox or Robinson for taking him off........
    People didnt boo that substitution it was the one that got cheered!