Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ashley Maynard-Brewer - signed new contract to 2026 (p5)

Comments

• Options
    thenewbie said:
    When do the rest of the squad come back?
    would a player be sent home with a minor illness. Keep him in his room, away from the squad and get him back training in 48 hours
    Don't they come back late Saturday/early Sunday anyway? So 48 hours would be about that time frame and they will probably have a day or two to reacclimatise/recover before back into training. So if he can't play and there's a risk of it spreading then getting him home now makes sense.
    Thanks and yes it does, I though they were there longer
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    So overrated. Mistake after mistake and woeful kicking. 
    Got to agree. However as back up he'll be fine. Even as first choice we just have to play to his strengths.

Personally hold a high hope that Isted is better.
  • Options
    agree that AMB's ball distribution is poor, but he is young and with help can improve, his shot stopping seems fine for L1
  • Options
    A Charlton keeper who was good with his feet ?
    Deano No, Pope No, Philips No, Macgillivray No, Woolacott No. Amos Ok, Hamer OK because he had that good drop kick that could find his man. Other than Colchester when he lingered on the ball and the deflection cost a goal down the JS end.

Good hands and the ability to shot stop is priority but some control with ball at feet is desirable.
  • Options
    A Charlton keeper who was good with his feet ?
    Deano No, Pope No, Philips No, Macgillivray No, Woolacott No. Amos Ok, Hamer OK because he had that good drop kick that could find his man. Other than Colchester when he lingered on the ball and the deflection cost a goal down the JS end.

Good hands and the ability to shot stop is priority but some control with ball at feet is desirable.
    Wollacott was fine with his feet, it’s pretty much the reason he was signed! 
    Exactly. More uneducated soapbox.
  • Options
    AMB could/should spend time improving the technique of his kicks. They resemble a rugby up and over. We don't have any forwards who are likely to win a header at the moment, so it's more paramount I'd say.
  • Options
    illness is a cover up, sent home following the 'lads' bonding night out

...................of course I'm only joking ;)
  • Options
    When do the rest of the squad come back?
    would a player be sent home with a minor illness. Keep him in his room, away from the squad and get him back training in 48 hours
    Covid or similar maybe. Perhaps not worth the risk having him around the place. 
    I know it's not breaking rules but still poor if the club send him home on a plane with covid
    I very much doubt its covid, if he's got a sickness bug you wouldn't want to keep him with the squad for a week. We've all had it at our house this last couple weeks and it absolutely batters you. 
  • Options
    Showing his injury prone side again sadly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's improved the goalkeeping situation from Isted, for me.
  • Options
    Definitely.  Done really well last couple of games. Stood no chance with last night's goals but made a couple of decent saves.  His confidence should be growing, long may it continue.
  • Options
    Definitely.  Done really well last couple of games. Stood no chance with last night's goals but made a couple of decent saves.  His confidence should be growing, long may it continue.
    No idea why he was dropped? His main weakness is a tendency to stay rooted to his line but he can work on this. His distribution is improving and he's a decent shot stopper.
  • Options
    Up turn in form and performances once a more experienced keeper for competition came in?
  • Options
    Think he also knows that he has a chance to make an impression while Isted is out injured. The competition is still there but without the fear of being dropped after one bad performance
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    Think he also knows that he has a chance to make an impression while Isted is out injured. The competition is still there but without the fear of being dropped after one bad performance
    That is such an important factor. There is no position on the pitch that is made more culpable for a mistake than a keeper. He can make five stunning saves in a game but will still be remembered for the one he let through his legs. That confidence allows him to not over analyse every decision he has to make whether it is coming for a cross, acting as sweeper or even just going down for a bog standard save.  
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Up turn in form and performances once a more experienced keeper for competition came in?
    Or is it that we have a better goalkeeping coach now in Hendo?
    Hard to measure isn't it! Could be related to competition for places. The areas he has excelled in are the areas we know he is strong. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Unused sub this morning for Australia

They beat Bangladesh 7-0 in their opening World Cup Qualifier
  • Options
    Don't get injured on that flight back!
  • Options
    Unused sub again, with Australia beating Palestine 1-0 in Kuwait
  • Options
    What a waste of time really. Gets some airmiles in, mind.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Aussie football always had a few household names in the squad. Don’t recognise any of them. Ryan, Sutter and McCree the only ones I vaguely do. 

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Valley11 said:
    Aussie football always had a few household names in the squad. Don’t recognise any of them. Ryan, Sutter and McCree the only ones I vaguely do. 

So you do recognise some of them?
    Vaguely. My point being that the Aussies always had a smattering of household names. 
    Viduka, Schwartzer, Kewell, Cahill, Bosnich plus the likes of Emerton, Lazaridis, Bresciano, Neill, Jedinak. 
    Just wondering if they’re not seeing as many players coming through or had to have a rebuild after those retired. 
  • Options
     Gethin Jones in the squad is the one who plays for Bolton, who up until now has considered himself welsh

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/24006429.gethin-jones-australia-call-up-gives-bolton-wanderers-test/