Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ashley Maynard-Brewer - signed new contract to 2026 (p5)

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Is he better than Woolacott? Don't think there is much between them 
    fair, but that low save he made last night was godly. 
    He's in good form and full of confidence right now. He's pulling out some wonder saves for sure. But I think we need to see him for an extended period to know if this is a flash in the pan or his "usual" standard.
  • Options
    Is he better than Woolacott? Don't think there is much between them 
    Comes for the crosses, thank God
  • Options
    I don't care which one is in goal (not including McGiveaway), as long as it's the best one. It's a nice headache to have, so long as you can keep them both happy

• Options
    Yes but in training. Also am not sure how many wonderful goalkeepers Rob Elliot would have seen in his illustrious career.
  • Options
    I think Ash has done really well, I was really concerned about Woollcott going to the World Cup that we’d drop off, I think he’s done himself proud.
  • Options
    Darren Randolph vibes about him. Hopefully we won’t make that mistake again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He comes from a land down under,
    You won’t get round, You won’t get over.
    Can’t you hear, can’t you hear the thunder?
    He’s Super, Ashley Maynard-Brewer.
  • Options
    I think Ash has done really well, I was really concerned about Woollcott going to the World Cup that we’d drop off, I think he’s done himself proud.
    If he hadn't damaged his shoulder he probably would have gone to the World Cup with Australia.
  • Options
    He doesn't stay glued to his goalline for shots, which means he gets a good angle and chance of saving it.
  • Options
    AMB impressing so far - looks very decisive.
  • Options
    Been told he’s having an op on his nose today 
    was told to wear a protective mask last night
    but he’ll be good for Saturday 
    I’m in the know on AMB’s nose ….anything else goes wrong with it I’ll be first with the news  
  • Options
    I’m in the know on AMB’s nose ….anything else goes wrong with it I’ll be first with the news  
    You could say you’ve got a nose for these things. 
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Swisdom said:
    AMB for me is actually better than Jojo.  

Ash has far superior handling as Joja bit flappy

both are happy to come off their line

Ash might just be the better shotstopper to Jojo but I’d need to see more of both really

kicking is fairly even too but all areas they are all better than Flappy McGillivray though Jojo might be more comfortable with the ball at his feet

i used to be a half-decent keeper myself so always watch them closely and Ash strikes me as someone pretty special.  The jury is out on Jojo - he’s decent but not outstanding.  Ash keeps the gloves for now 

I’d give the distribution advantage to Jojo actually but otherwise agree. Comfortable with the ball at his feet, playing short or long passes that generally find their target.

I don’t see distribution being as much of a factor in Holden’s team and would expect that means that AMB likely keeps the shirt even when Wollacott returns from injury.

Both of them are very decent goalkeepers though.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
  • Options
    edited January 2023
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    why do you know a snitch?
  • Options
    Is he out of contact in the summer? 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    I don’t know, good question though.
  • Options
    It’s going to be interesting to see whether or not Jojo walks straight back into the number 1 shirt when fit again. I can’t imagine AMB wanting to sit on the bench for a long spell again having grasped the opportunity  so well, at the same tame Jojo was very good before his injury 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Yes but the club have an option to extend his contract by 1 year at the end of the season. Same for CBT and Dobson.
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    It’s going to be interesting to see whether or not Jojo walks straight back into the number 1 shirt when fit again. I can’t imagine AMB wanting to sit on the bench for a long spell again having grasped the opportunity  so well, at the same tame Jojo was very good before his injury 
    I could be wrong, but there’s no way at this point on current form AMB loses that jersey. Maybe if Garner was still in charge but not under Holden. That position is definitely and rightly his for now.
  • Options
    The thing is AMB seems to be improving every game. If he loses form, Wollacott will come back in, if he carries on as he is, we we lose him and Wollacott will come back in. The big question is when.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    To be fair Jojo only needs to be patient.

The way Ashley gets concussion, its only a matter of time before he's out again

What a nice feeling though, having absolutely no concerns over whether its Ashley or Jojo who have the No.1 shirt. Unlike a couple of months ago when we were worried about how long Jojo would be at the World Cup for, with us needing to rely on Macca

Shame not all squad positions are a bit like that.
  • Options
    Nice to know our 3 current best players are out of contract are out of contract in the Summer. (I know CBT is borderline before a 3 page debate on his finishing erupts).