Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ashley Maynard-Brewer - signed new contract to 2026 (p5)

Comments

• Options
    Kap10 said:
    Looks a better keeper than Woolacott to me - seems more confident.
    Woolacott must be concerned that Garner has gone, with AMB playing well. 

McG should leave in January, I'd imagine he is on a decent wage too!
    100% i can McG leaving. If there's not much between him and AMB, or as looks likely there's a chance AMB is better, then it's a no brainer to get McG off the wage bill.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:
    Looks a better keeper than Woolacott to me - seems more confident.
    Woolacott must be concerned that Garner has gone, with AMB playing well. 

McG should leave in January, I'd imagine he is on a decent wage too!
    100% i can McG leaving. If there's not much between him and AMB, or as looks likely there's a chance AMB is better, then it's a no brainer to get McG off the wage bill.
    Would imagine the problem would be getting a buyer for him. If he's gone from established 1st choice to fighting for a place on the bench he's unlikely to be in high demand unless he drops his wage. And if he's NOT going somewhere to be first choice, why accept less money to be 2nd choice somewhere else?
  • Options
    He’s had previous concussions too. Quite worrying for the lad. 
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    There's an Australian cricketer, Will Pucovski, who at the age of 24 had suffered 11 concussions. He'd start to incur concussion from more obscure things later down the line, such as being hit by a volleyball in warmup, falling over while running between the wickets.

Surely an underlying weakness begins to form? Hope this isn't the case with AMB as he plays in a position that clubs don't tolerate an injury profile. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    There's an Australian cricketer, Will Pucovski, who at the age of 24 had suffered 11 concussions. He'd start to incur concussion from more obscure things later down the line, such as being hit by a volleyball in warmup, falling over while running between the wickets.

Surely an underlying weakness begins to form? Hope this isn't the case with AMB as he plays in a position that clubs don't tolerate an injury profile. 
    He was the one I was thinking off yesterday. If someone is repeatedly suffering concussion, you do fear for their long term future in any sport. 
  • Options
     Boys a bit special 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got that big game/big moment mentality that some players just have. Can't be taught but really important especially for a keeper. Won't be with us for long I fear. Boy will go right to the top.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Feels like the first proper keeper we have had for years. Strong, brave, comes out for the ball and a good shotstopper.
  • Options
    Out of contract in the summer isn’t he ? 
  • Options
    Out of contract in the summer isn’t he ? 
    Yeah but think we can trigger an extension - which wouldn’t be awful if that’s the case. Need to tie him down long term. 
  • Options
    I believe 100% that had Garner not come in the summer and brought Woolacot then AMB would have been our first choice then. 
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    Feels like the first proper keeper we have had for years. Strong, brave, comes out for the ball and a good shotstopper.
    First good keeper for a couple of years - we’ve been fortunate up until Craig.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mendonca said:
    With him being injury prone, I'm happy we have him AND Jojo.
    That won't last for long though as i doubt Wollacott who has had a taste of international football is going to be happy at being a number 2 for long.

That said he bounced around half a dozen loans before going to Swindon so he might just decide to stick with it and that with AMB being injury prone he'll get a chance soon enough.
  • Options
    Agree but it's the only way to keep the goalie department strong. Like Phillips and Amos. 
  • Options
    AMB plays with such confidence and has good decision making. His biggest issue seems to be injuries.

I hope he gets the chance to play at a higher level as he has a lot of potential.
  • Options
    Seems bizarre that he should have been out on loan at Gillingham and would never played in the Brighton game. 
  • Options
    Did he get a touch on the freekick that hit the post?
  • Options
    It quite early in his career as a keeper and already Charlton fans going OTT. One mistake and others will say he's not all that.

Definitely shows promise and has a great temperament.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Did he get a touch on the freekick that hit the post?
    No
  • Options
    Is he better than Woolacott? Don't think there is much between them 
    fair, but that low save he made last night was godly.