Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ashley Maynard-Brewer - signed new contract to 2026 (p5)

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2023
    I’d like to see ash stay with us as number 1 for the foreseeable future, contract extension permitting, he has the talent to go far and I’d like to see him  repay the faith we had in him by bringing him over and nurturing  him the last 8 or so years
  • Options
    Been told he’s having an op on his nose today 
    was told to wear a protective mask last night
    but he’ll be good for Saturday 
    I’m in the know on AMB’s nose ….anything else goes wrong with it I’ll be first with the news  
    His broken nose was adjusted while he out with concussion. Mask on Saturday as a precaution.
  • Options
    Jojo is not even fit yet, let alone ready to start a game.

Ash keeps the shirt, anyway. It's his to lose.

• Options
    I'm not calling him out as he made some very good saves and his one real blunder was forced (as just about every defender got it wrong in the build up), but the 2nd Bolton goal does show to a certain degree that he's got a rickett or two in him still.

Hopefully he is encouraged to write it off and keep going as he's been in good form and won't let one error break his confidence completely.
  • Options
    That's great news 
  • Options
    Good positive news.
  • Options
    The deal is subject to final EFL approval. ???????????????????????????????????
  • Options
    Different player I know. I am looking forward to Kone coming through. I only saq him play the once last year in a cup youth game against Brighton under 18's?  Jeeus, he made save after save after save. He looks quality.  I hope we will be able to keep Kone 
  • Options
    Standard process by the EFL. The club have been putting that in every article about recent signings. We know they were all approved as they went on to play for us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Standard process by the EFL. The club have been putting that in every article about recent signings. We know they were all approved as they went on to play for us.

Really ? Ok just never seen it before
  • Options

This chart doesn't take other things into account, such as command of box or ability on the ball. Wollacott a bit shafted here imo!
  • Options
    Maynard-Brewer is definitely the better shot-stopper, I don’t think there is any doubt there. Wollacott is the better all-round keeper for me though, better with his feet and more decisive when dealing with crosses. 

Happy with either as Number 1 and can see why AMB has kept it, his ceiling is probably a lot higher so makes sense for us to go with him rather than risk him leaving. 
  • Options
    So overrated. Mistake after mistake and woeful kicking. 
  • Options
    So overrated. Mistake after mistake and woeful kicking. 
    Zzzzz
  • Options
    I find that chart surprising, as it implies both that Wollacott doesn't save enough of the shots he faces - and I don't remember too many goals which I thought he should have saved -  but also that when he was playing we actually conceded fewer shots against us than later in the season when AMB was playing.

It also shows that MacG was a major upgrade on the previous Burton keeper, saving a LOT more of the shots he faced.
  • Options

Does this mean he's doing good or not? I have no idea about xg stats 
  • Options
    edited May 2023

Does this mean he's doing good or not? I have no idea about xg stats 
    That suggests he has saved us an average of about 0.2 goals per game where as Woolacott has cost us -0.15 goals per game. It infers that he is a stronger keeper in the league.

As referenced it doesn’t take into account ability with the ball and being able to get attacks going quickly which has always been Woolacott’s strength.

I would say it’s a very decent showing from AMB for his first stint but I think that the Summer came at the right time as he needed a rest. 
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Not saying they turn out the same way but i get the same sort of feeling as i did with pope. Occasional howler but ridiculous shot stopping. (Not saying i called Pope being as good as he is)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Has been sent home early from the training camp in Malaga due to a minor illness.
  • Options
    Expect to be back training next week 
  • Options
    He does seem slightly cursed. Surprised he's still wearing the face mask.
  • Options
    Hopefully Isted can stake a claim.
  • Options
    Has had a sickness bug. Hope seats 10A 10C 9 ABC and 11ABC are all vacant…
  • Options
    When do the rest of the squad come back?
    would a player be sent home with a minor illness. Keep him in his room, away from the squad and get him back training in 48 hours
  • Options
    would a player be sent home with a minor illness. Keep him in his room, away from the squad and get him back training in 48 hours
    Covid or similar maybe. Perhaps not worth the risk having him around the place. 
  • Options
    Covid or similar maybe. Perhaps not worth the risk having him around the place. 
    I know it's not breaking rules but still poor if the club send him home on a plane with covid
  • Options
    Don't they come back late Saturday/early Sunday anyway? So 48 hours would be about that time frame and they will probably have a day or two to reacclimatise/recover before back into training. So if he can't play and there's a risk of it spreading then getting him home now makes sense.
  • Options
    He does unlucky with injuries and illnesses. He's a very very brave lad.

Rhythm in training and games so important for a keeper.