Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ashley Maynard-Brewer - signed new contract to 2026 (p5)

Comments

• Options
    Port Vale fans clearly think more highly of him than most people on here......

• Options
    I just hope AMB does not become our season’s scapegoat. I don’t want anyone to become one, least of all our goalie. When Isted is fit I doubt whether he will be an improvement. No goalie has made me feel more nervous since Thuram.i Mind you, we could do with a keeper that is capable of baling out this bloody defence on a week to week basis. 
  • Options
    Considering the opposition keeper let in the same number of goals as AMB, and we had far less shots I'd put my money on AMB having the better game .
    A very good performance, but with areas he needs to work on. That is where the coaches should be assisting, and the more senior players should as well.
  • Options
    3 shit keepers 
    doesn’t matter who we pick they’re shit and that’s just not exclusive to the keepers 
  • Options
    Not good enough could have called our defender to leave the ball that led to the 3rd goal
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 24
    For me, he is looking like a goalie who could perform well in a junior game on concrete where all you aim to do is save what is smacked at you, and show some bravery.

He is actually average/below average. The sooner it's acknowledged that he isn't the 'next best thing', the better really.

His reactions after each goal conceded were as tame as our collective defending.
  • Options
    I'm afraid it's got to the stage where I detest everything about him. 

As about as demonstrative as Appleton. A completely hopeless case. Get rid.
  • Options
    I might be wrong, but I get the feeling his teammates aren't big fans either. 
  • Options
    Think it was Reg giving him a bollocking for not coming out for the pen incident. Don't see that too often with new players. 
  • Options
    edited January 24
    Don't bother with the laundry van, stick him in a bin bag and drag him to the kerb.....🤪
  • Options
    Lovely story of how he came to the club but you don't get promoted on nice stories. 

He is also not a young player anymore. 
  • Options
    Made 3 or 4 top saves yesterday, but he is an absolute mute. His decision making for the non penalty was awful. Started to come and then retreated quickly. It didn’t lead to anything, but I thought that was as bad an error you will see for a long time.
  • Options
    If you smash a ball at his face he'll save it. That's about it really. Hasn't got any idea of goalkeeping beyond throwing his arm out at a rocket shot. Positioning, communication, decision-making, command of his box, none of it is there. If you could be a professional goalkeeper based entirely on your reflexes he'd win the Ballon d'Or but you can't, and he's not a really young player anymore. He'll be 25 in the summer, I think there's too much of his game he needs to develop for him to reach the level he needs to 
  • Options
    Poor keeper. Indecisive, lack of awareness, doesn't command his box, doesn't instruct his defenders, doesn't distribute well, isn't very physical. Has the odd Hollywood save a game in him and that's it.

I really don't rate him and don't even think he should he loaned out as he needs to do too much to improve his game imo. 

Isted back in as soon as possible and hope he can find some form, failing that get a prem goalie on loan or something. 

I had more faith when Craig MacGillivray was in goal tbh
  • Options
    I've never been convinced, and thats going back a couple of years when he was playing for Ross County and was hardly ripping it up in the SPL. 

Think Istead was showing signs of being decent when he got injured
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 24
    Swisdom said:
    Up turn in form and performances once a more experienced keeper for competition came in?
    Or is it that we have a better goalkeeping coach now in Hendo?

whoops.

I guess neither really.
  • Options
    Aggghhhh. This is getting embarrassing to watch. His skillset is still that of a youth team player, at the age of 24.
  • Options
    AMB needs to be taken out of the team now. Too many judgement errors, and getting bored with how he slows everything down so much.
  • Options
    He is very poor. I believe his lack of control of his penalty area affects our defence. And has all season but is becoming more evident now. Is Isted any better at that? I can’t remember but it’s hugely important in a goalkeeper.
  • Options
    I don't know if Isted really is the answer. But it's extremely clear that AMB is not.
  • Options
    edited January 28
    With us about to move to our 3rd manager this season we need to back our players no matter what when at the games imo.
    Seems AMB is going through a sticky patch at the moment and likely needs to be taken out of the team and rested but if he remains in goal I hope the fans stick with him.
  • Options
    Bakinson really tore him off a strip in the second half after a poor punch.
  • Options
    Bakinson really tore him off a strip in the second half after a poor punch.

didnt see that. It's exactly what is needed right now.
  • Options
    No command of his area. Poor decision making. He does need to be taken out of the team. Cannot instill confidence in the team although he probably feels the same about his defence in front of him. Not a great combination.
  • Options
    I'm terrified watching him now.
    He's getting worse.
    He 100% needs to be dropped.