Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield Agreed Deal for THD? CONFIRMED - UNDISCLOSED FEE (pg 8)

Comments

• Options
    Disgraceful decision again by Katy. Selling our future for a short term gain.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

Was he really a major part of the team? I would definitely say no.
    It's all well and good citing that one peace of skill against Bannan as evidence of his talent but I don't think any of us had seen enough of him to say he's better than Fox etc.
    It's also worth remembering he put in some dismal displays in last season. The game against Bolton he was absolutely schooled by their right back Feeney and show his defensive liabilities. He also had the 2 yellow cards in two minutes after coming on as a sub just showing his naivety.
    Overall he's a young player who could develop to be a very decent fullback, however , hes not one I'm necessarily sad to see go.

The quote was "major departures." Now, everything is up for interpretation, but to my mind "major departures" and "major players" are not the same thing. THD was probably not considered one of our "major players", but could still be deemed a "major departure" simply because with a youth player you are, by nature, buying as is and what will be. You can't judge THD on the minutes he played, without taking into account the player he is likely to become. To say he wasn't a "major player", not only twists what was actually said by Slade, but misses the point entirely.
  • Options
    With a squad as small as ours is, I think there is a strong case for saying THD would have been a major player for us this year. Aside from Lookman, probably the first player you'd bring off the bench at the moment
  • Options
    i would judge this departure in the same magnitude as if say, KAG left - promising in your football but never translated to first team, may need pastures new

• Options
    edited August 2016
    LoOkOuT said:

Laddick01 said:

Was he really a major part of the team? I would definitely say no.
    It's all well and good citing that one peace of skill against Bannan as evidence of his talent but I don't think any of us had seen enough of him to say he's better than Fox etc.
    It's also worth remembering he put in some dismal displays in last season. The game against Bolton he was absolutely schooled by their right back Feeney and show his defensive liabilities. He also had the 2 yellow cards in two minutes after coming on as a sub just showing his naivety.
    Overall he's a young player who could develop to be a very decent fullback, however , hes not one I'm necessarily sad to see go.

The quote was "major departures." Now, everything is up for interpretation, but to my mind "major departures" and "major players" are not the same thing. THD was probably not considered one of our "major players", but could still be deemed a "major departure" simply because with a youth player you are, by nature, buying as is and what will be. You can't judge THD on the minutes he played, without taking into account the player he is likely to become. To say he wasn't a "major player", not only twists what was actually said by Slade, but misses the point entirely.
    So you agree with sirjohnhumphrey, that any player that is sold will be a major departure ?

It's clearly not what Slade meant. If he meant no one would be leaving he would have said so.

He said no more major departures, which by implication means there will be lesser players moving on.

It's not rocket science.

Whether THD should have gone & whether it's a good deal, depends entirely upon who comes in before the window closes and what fee we end up getting. Also, if he was desperate to leave etc.

The rest is just hot air.
  • Options
    Youth football that is
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

i would judge this departure in the same magnitude as if say, KAG left - promising in your football but never translated to first team, may need pastures new

In some respects this is very true - but we have better cover for KAG. If Fox gets injured in training this week, who plays left back against Bolton? JJ?
  • Options
    And we wonder why not everyone protests, why we have 6000 season ticket holders.
  • Options

LordDofB said:

I think he was a major part of our squad. All squad members are major in a squad the size of ours. If Fox were to break his leg we have no cover now so it is another avoidable and short sighted piece of transfer business on our part.

Birmingham still interested in Fox apparently.
    It would be absolutely farcical if they now sold Fox - and the thing with this lot is that you know it can't be ruled out.
    Yes because KM wouldnt sell our first and second choice players in one position (leaving us with a youngster yet to make his debut) before signing a replacement would she
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

if people cant see whats wrong with selling a homegrown player to a team in the division above for likely peanuts then there really is no hope for you.

And if u can't und
    Greenie said:

if people cant see whats wrong with selling a homegrown player to a team in the division above for likely peanuts then there really is no hope for you.

Me neither? I've never ever in all my time of going to football have I ever heard of a homegrown player from any football club going to a team in the division above, or even a better team for more wages and better prospects. I

DOUCHER said:

I have every faith that we will sign at least 1, possibly 2 of Russell Slade's chosen midfielders before the window closes - like Magennis, where a bit of patience paid off and we nicked him from under Shrewsbury's noses- we are holding out for those we want, not those we will make do with. Ricky Holmes for £150,000? Early bargains like that don't come around often but looking at what Slade has brought in so far, I think we need to take the blinkers off and start trusting that things have changed and we are now doing business the right way. Of course, the last 2 years makes that hard to do as there was some shocking business done. The reality is, we are getting what money we can for those going - if Jordan Cousins was worth more than £1.5 million in the eyes of the football world, then we would have got it - if THD was that great, he wouldn't have been overlooked by the last 5 managers etc etc

Thanks Katrien, it's encouraging to see your written English is picking up nicely.

In English without the benefit of Meire's spin: "...like Magennis, where a bit of patience paid off and we nicked him from under Shrewsbury's noses..." translates as Magennis where we fucked about, quibbling over the small fee, until another minnow was attracted by the noise and we had to cough up the asking price after all, we could have saved a week of effort and got on with more signings. The reality is the squad is still paper thin, lumbered with dross and pissing off promising young professionals who would rather go anywhere to be benchwarmers than stick around in the rank quagmire of Roly's toxic pantomime.
    Katrien is an irrelevance - an administrator
  • Options
    NugNug
    edited August 2016
    DOUCHER said:

And if u can't und
    Huh? Is this Belgian for "Change of strategy"?
  • Options
    NugNug
    edited August 2016
  • Options
    Nug said:

DOUCHER said:

And if u can't und
    Huh? Is this Belgian for "Change of strategy"?
    Phone battery must have crashed during translation :wink: .
  • Options

A new low point - we're being openly looted.

Two wins gave a little respite, but it seems that's to be our meagre ration of hope - for who knows how long.

Saddened and very, very angry.

C'mon GHF, if you get down in the dumps what hope is there for the rest of us, we look to you for inspiration :wink: .
  • Options
    Looking forward to the replacements coming in....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It will be interesting to find out the reasoning behind this. Perhaps we'll find out at Slade's press conference.

Ha Ha Ha, you are joking I am sure. You will be given an excuse, but doubt the truth
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    He is being bought to cover left-back as we only have one first Team one and Wagner wants 2 Players for each position. If he displaces Loewe, he will be good, like brilliant.

Wagner's / the Club's strategy is to sign for us young, hungry Players that in his words he wants to develop as Players due to the good brand of passing, attacking football we play.

Sounds like this Lad fits the bill for the future and we are pleased up here with this signing.

PS Mid-table this season will do me nicely, it's just a pleasure watching the brand of football we now play since Wagner arrived. Huge impact he has had.
  • Options
    Slade saying he looked him in the eyes and said he wanted to go
  • Options
    The important point is that when the reservoir of young talent has all gone, what then?

In isolation, THD going doesn't matter too much, but on another level, it does
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

A new low point - we're being openly looted.

Two wins gave a little respite, but it seems that's to be our meagre ration of hope - for who knows how long.

Saddened and very, very angry.

C'mon GHF, if you get down in the dumps what hope is there for the rest of us, we look to you for inspiration :wink: .
    Sorry, bud, but for some reason this latest piece of business has really struck home. Whether or not THD would have been a major player is beside the point - he could certainly have expected to play a significant part this season. There's nothing good to say about his departure.

The HT head coach is an old side-kick of J.Klopp, and the way he talks about THD is an echo of how Klopp has spoken about Gomez. These guys are serious operators, and know all about nurturing raw young talent. We've just served it up on a plate for them.

It's just the latest betrayal in a long, long line as The Real Owner and her boss have put this dear old club through the wood-chipper.

CTID - but who will get there first ??
  • Options
    Heard it was 200k rising to 500k with add ons. Makes me feel better about his sale. Not bad if it goes back into the team. Some say he wanted to leave.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

Slade saying he looked him in the eyes and said he wanted to go

As I suspected six of one and half a dozen of the other following his quick exit from the Walsall pitch at the final whistle on Saturday.

Slade has stuck his neck out on this one so it'll be interesting to see who comes in, whether it be CM, LB as cover, both or neither :open_mouth: .