Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield Agreed Deal for THD? CONFIRMED - UNDISCLOSED FEE (pg 8)

Comments

• Options

Oggy Red said:

Carter said:

Of Tariq is asking to move then fair enough I think he's capable of doing a jib at a far higher level but I very much doubt that's the case and I don't see how a youngster who's barely got 12 senior games under his belt could assert himself like that. But nothing suprises me with the circus

Added to that, don't forget he's already played more than 40 League games loaned to clubs in League One and Two, since he was 18.

Whilst he was at Oxford, Oldham and Plymouth did they achieve anything in which would suggest he had changed their fortunes. He has to sit and wait and wait for his time to come and when it does grab it with both hands. Lets say for example Fox gets injured Saturday he would have been first choice for that position that he would have had every right to claim to be his own if he played out of his skin. I think he has been misadvised with regards to the move, should have been told to sit tight and wait for your time and learn the game from senior pro's, you are currently on the bench and would get a run out in cup games etc, bit the reality is that in this day and age it is probably down to the fact that the player is being offered a few hundred quid more to sit on a bench in Yorkshire rather than London.
    "in this day and age"? What is this age? Since 2014? Since 2004? 1984?

Agents have been looking to shift players, totally regardless of whether it is actually good for their "client's" careers, since the invention of agents. That is what they do.

One of the tasks of professional football management is to combat this scourge. Those that do, are successful. Those that do not, are feeding grounds for agents. that's why if you get to be in the boardroom at the Valley for a game, you will find it absolutely infested with agents. What are they doing there? Not working on behalf of the club, are they, because Roland told us he does not do agents, unless of course they are Dudu Duhan.

What a laughable excuse for an unintelligible sale. Yet another one.
    In the day and age where it is rare to see a player stay at one club for all his career.
    In the day and age where you now see 14 year old's with agents.
    In the day and age where players now want money before playing week in week out and waiting there time to get an opportunity.

These day and ages.

In terms of the argument you are using with regards to Roland does not do agents this was the case in previous years however this has not been the case in the summer. A agent known who were involved in three deals of ours that i know of and potentially another one says that it is the first time he had worked with the club for two years.

He also stated that the club are happy to pay good money for a player and top wages.

This has been the case in one player that left in the summer in which the money he was on with us was eye watering.

Slade also has total control on who he wants to bring in and gave the agent a list of potions that he needed for this campaign and the players he had identified.

• Options
    Katrien the witch would be better to advise on potions
  • Options
    Wheniwaslittleboy=Colin.
  • Options

Mate you want to get a hobby you are obsessed and turning into one bitter and twisted individual
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Wheniwaslittleboy=Colin.

Some's up the brains of people on here. Certain people on here know who i am and to suggest i am talking shit is your opinion maybe they will put you straight.
  • Options

Mate you want to get a hobby you are obsessed and turning into one bitter and twisted individual
    obviously you can't recognise an attempt at humour, you brought up the subject of potions after all
  • Options

obviously you can't recognise an attempt at humour, you brought up the subject of potions after all
    If that's humour you should stick to your protests.
  • Options

A week to go and in my opinion we still need.

1 x CM
    1 X RM
    1 X LM
    1 X LB

Shame that we have let a player go who can cover two of those positions.

If you felt he was good enough to cover those 2 positions then we didn't need them then surely?
    I went on the assumption he had already departed. I shall edit my original comment to make it less confusing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2016
    @WhenIwasLittleBoy,

You know it's not necessary to be so f'ing rude?
  • Options

if we need to reduce the wag bill feck Roger off first. We have cover. If we need more money in then sell Tex.

as for THD maybe he is pissed off at whats happening to the club and therefore his career

We've been trying to sell Tex for 3 months !
  • Options

@WhenIwasLittleBoy,

You know it's not necessary to be so fucking rude?

Trying to see where i have been rude ? What's wrong cant he stand up for himself.
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

Carter said:

Of Tariq is asking to move then fair enough I think he's capable of doing a jib at a far higher level but I very much doubt that's the case and I don't see how a youngster who's barely got 12 senior games under his belt could assert himself like that. But nothing suprises me with the circus

Added to that, don't forget he's already played more than 40 League games loaned to clubs in League One and Two, since he was 18.

Whilst he was at Oxford, Oldham and Plymouth did they achieve anything in which would suggest he had changed their fortunes. He has to sit and wait and wait for his time to come and when it does grab it with both hands. Lets say for example Fox gets injured Saturday he would have been first choice for that position that he would have had every right to claim to be his own if he played out of his skin. I think he has been misadvised with regards to the move, should have been told to sit tight and wait for your time and learn the game from senior pro's, you are currently on the bench and would get a run out in cup games etc, bit the reality is that in this day and age it is probably down to the fact that the player is being offered a few hundred quid more to sit on a bench in Yorkshire rather than London.

Agents have been looking to shift players, totally regardless of whether it is actually good for their "client's" careers, since the invention of agents. That is what they do.

One of the tasks of professional football management is to combat this scourge. Those that do, are successful. Those that do not, are feeding grounds for agents. that's why if you get to be in the boardroom at the Valley for a game, you will find it absolutely infested with agents. What are they doing there? Not working on behalf of the club, are they, because Roland told us he does not do agents, unless of course they are Dudu Duhan.

This would explain a fair few of the signings in recent years, particularly those done at times when we didn't have a chief scout (or when he was marginalized), a Director of Football, or a manager in charge of identifying players.
  • Options

I'm sure if you were offending anyone in particular they would be able to stand up for themselves yes.

I was commenting on your general contribution, not a particular post just the flow of unpleasantness.

'You need to get a hobby...bitter and twisted...'

'Some's (sic) up the brains of some of the people on here....know who I am...to suggest I am talking shot is your opinion...'

'If that's humour you should stick to your protests...'

All seemed unnecessary to me. And rude.

Cheers

Were they replies to peoples comments or just direct comments at an individual. Always taught if you can give it out be prepared to take it.

Very simple. I am blunt i ain't going to deny it that, but don't make out this site is full of Girl Guides and are not capable of shooting people down.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

if we need to reduce the wag bill feck Roger off first. We have cover. If we need more money in then sell Tex.

as for THD maybe he is pissed off at whats happening to the club and therefore his career

We've been trying to sell Tex for 3 months !
    With the likes of Sarr, Bergdych and PP, we signed the wrong players and gave them long contracts

In the case of Tex, we signed the right player - nobody doubts his ability - but we're now "stuck" with him on a long contract

Towards the back of last season, there was a rumour that Tex had a relegation exit clause, this doesn't appear to be the case.
  • Options

Some of us have been round the block more than a few times and are very well aware of the travails of professional football, the attitudes of players, parents, guardians, agent, investment agents, lawyers in relation to the control of players.

To keep painting this as an excuse for any and every departure from the club or the excessive contracts we have seen displays a worrying naivety. Such issues in different forms from club scouts, dodgy managers, unscrupulous chairman questionable parents etc., have been around for decades.

It is part and parcel of the industry and one aspect everyone has to manage. It is no reason to keep rolling over at the first sign of a cheque book. Every CEO has to manage these issues - bleating about it is just an excuse.

I still keep reading how unlucky we were with injuries. No we were not. We were simply grossly understaffed to cope with them especially having recruited a significant number of players straight out of the treatment room.

Some of these justifications sound as if someone has stepped into a football clubhouse for the very first time.

Can we drop the sweeping statements? There is no fixed quota concerning academy players, youth players, overseas players, nor experienced pro's - it is about the ability of the player no matter the derivation and the balance they bring and contribution they can make to the squad in the short, medium and long term - that is football.

Holmes-Dennis with the loans he has had, is currently under his 10th head coach and probably twice that number of assistant coaches in 2 1/2 yrs.

He has been shunted off on various loans while watching any number of journeymen like Bergdich brought in and now seen the ageing Jackson played wide left alongside Crofts and another journeyman Foley (only on a 5 month contract) to provide probably the most immobile midfield in the entire league.

In terms of our squad he offers real balance. Is he irreplaceable? No but he is a naturally talented left side player. There are very few of those about. Indeed how many players have we tried on the left flank over recent years. We even played Cousins wide left for 1/2 a season.

Holmes-Dennis has had some grounding out on loan and should be at the exact point where he is going to be able to seriously compete for a spot.

If he goes he will need to be replaced. So it is not a question of "spitting the dummy" but just another frustration as it creates another issue to be addressed before the window closes.

If Slade prefers a predominately defensive left back then he has Lennon and Pearce who have played there and yes there is Edwards to come through the U23 but none offer the same options as Holmes-Dennis.

For the player at times in life you have to recognise you maybe in the right place at the wrong time. If Andy Hughes thinks he is up to the job for the style of fullback they want at Huddersfield I am certainly not going to argue with him.

It is however perfectly reasonable for people to express their disappointment and challenge the thinking behind the move, particularly with its timing being in the last week of the window.

Sometimes those commenting in defence of the realm protest just a little too much.

Thanks Peter ;0)

• Options

Oggy Red said:

Carter said:

In the day and age where it is rare to see a player stay at one club for all his career.
    In the day and age where players now want money before playing week in week out and waiting there time to get an opportunity.

These day and ages.

In terms of the argument you are using with regards to Roland does not do agents this was the case in previous years however this has not been the case in the summer. A agent known who were involved in three deals of ours that i know of and potentially another one says that it is the first time he had worked with the club for two years.

He also stated that the club are happy to pay good money for a player and top wages.

This has been the case in one player that left in the summer in which the money he was on with us was eye watering.

Slade also has total control on who he wants to bring in and gave the agent a list of potions that he needed for this campaign and the players he had identified.

Well that's very interesting if true. Because it means the network is dead. The entire financial rationale of the network was to avoid the necessity of agent fees.

Is that your assertion? The network is dead?

• Options
    edited August 2016

Oggy Red said:

Carter said:

These day and ages.

Well that's very interesting if true. Because it means the network is dead. The entire financial rationale of the network was to avoid the necessity of agent fees.

Is that your assertion? The network is dead?

I would say it is for the most part. Ceballos went to STVV and Dmitrovic to Alcorcon, but I don't think the links between the clubs are anywhere near as strong as it was when SL were involved.
  • Options

The amazing thing is turn the clock back 2 months everyone was slitting their wrists as we had made no moves in the transfer market, we had no depth in the squad, we were going to play a youth team with no experience, now we sell a youngster for a fee we are moaning about that. Laughable.

Because we should have that squad depth before 4 games into the season?
    In an ideal world yes, in the real world you have to wait. This isn't just in work its in life in general you are better off waiting an extra couple of weeks to get your first choice rather than take your forth choice straight away.
    This is another absolutely ludicrous argument. Have you learnt nothing from the Spiv regime? We roared out of this Division because the spivs sat down with Powell and planned their transfer moves even before the previous season was finished. Nearly all key players were secured by around the Welling game. Yann was the final masterstroke before the window closed. Two years later, the spivs were potless, Powell obliged to do what you apparently think is a good plan, and had to pick up Simon Church and that other geezer we have all forgotten, because that was all the dross that was left on August 31st.

There is no doubt that clubs will and must deal up to the deadline, but the idea that this is some kind of good strategy, is, again, laughable.

Apart from anything else you may have noticed that we are facing off against a promotion favourite in 72 hours from now. (which of course was @hudson-son-son 's point above.

Jimenez and Slatter were front men. Cash was the money man and wanted to take us places. Jimenez and Cash had an argument in which meant that Cash elected to walk away from everything.
    It is no coincidence that Jimenz and Cash let the club run into the ground. Failing to pay suppliers, look how the pitch was left when the drainage system need to be repaired.
    It is also a fact that Jimenez jumped on the back of a motorbike for a quick escape and get taken to Wembley to watch his beloved Chelsea in the FA Cup Final rather than watch the celebrations of lifting the trophy.
    Monies in which enabled us to secure the deals were due to the sale of Carl Jenkinson to Arsenal. The two of them also got rid of Phil Parkinson after watching one game.
    With reference to the players there was a list of 15 players that were drawn up in which the club got 14 of their number one choices over the line. I wont name who the 15th player was who was 3rd choice was so not to make him feel so bad.
    I am aware that there is two players that is waiting to go over the line but is a case of the selling/loaning club waiting for someone to come in and an injury clearing up before letting the players go.
    If you believe that all deals are done at 11pm on transfer deadline is even more laughable.
  • Options

I cannot believe THD earns more than Johnson.