Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield Agreed Deal for THD? CONFIRMED - UNDISCLOSED FEE (pg 8)

Comments

• Options

Oggy Red said:

Carter said:

Of Tariq is asking to move then fair enough I think he's capable of doing a jib at a far higher level but I very much doubt that's the case and I don't see how a youngster who's barely got 12 senior games under his belt could assert himself like that. But nothing suprises me with the circus

Added to that, don't forget he's already played more than 40 League games loaned to clubs in League One and Two, since he was 18.

Whilst he was at Oxford, Oldham and Plymouth did they achieve anything in which would suggest he had changed their fortunes. He has to sit and wait and wait for his time to come and when it does grab it with both hands. Lets say for example Fox gets injured Saturday he would have been first choice for that position that he would have had every right to claim to be his own if he played out of his skin. I think he has been misadvised with regards to the move, should have been told to sit tight and wait for your time and learn the game from senior pro's, you are currently on the bench and would get a run out in cup games etc, bit the reality is that in this day and age it is probably down to the fact that the player is being offered a few hundred quid more to sit on a bench in Yorkshire rather than London.
    "in this day and age"? What is this age? Since 2014? Since 2004? 1984?

Agents have been looking to shift players, totally regardless of whether it is actually good for their "client's" careers, since the invention of agents. That is what they do.

One of the tasks of professional football management is to combat this scourge. Those that do, are successful. Those that do not, are feeding grounds for agents. that's why if you get to be in the boardroom at the Valley for a game, you will find it absolutely infested with agents. What are they doing there? Not working on behalf of the club, are they, because Roland told us he does not do agents, unless of course they are Dudu Duhan.

What a laughable excuse for an unintelligible sale. Yet another one.
    In the day and age where it is rare to see a player stay at one club for all his career.
    In the day and age where you now see 14 year old's with agents.
    In the day and age where players now want money before playing week in week out and waiting there time to get an opportunity.

These day and ages.

In terms of the argument you are using with regards to Roland does not do agents this was the case in previous years however this has not been the case in the summer. A agent known who were involved in three deals of ours that i know of and potentially another one says that it is the first time he had worked with the club for two years.

He also stated that the club are happy to pay good money for a player and top wages.

This has been the case in one player that left in the summer in which the money he was on with us was eye watering.

Slade also has total control on who he wants to bring in and gave the agent a list of potions that he needed for this campaign and the players he had identified.

Well that's very interesting if true. Because it means the network is dead. The entire financial rationale of the network was to avoid the necessity of agent fees.

Is that your assertion? The network is dead?

The penny is finally dropping......
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    i reckon we the maximum amount we get is 100k.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Gone

CONFIRMED: 20 year-old Tareiq joins #htafc for an undisclosed fee on a 3 year contract https://t.co/jM2IOFB5NH (DTS) https://t.co/gastv43dQS

3 years, undisclosed
  • Options
    So much for no more leaving then.
    Learnt from past mistakes my arse
  • Options
    he was shit anyway...

(am i first to say it?)
  • Options
    Richard Murray said we won't have to sell our young players before they've played more than half a dozen first team games.
  • Options
    Shame the official site couldn't thank him like they usually do for players - specially considering he's been here years!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would love to know how much our master negotiator managed to get for THD. A promising talent that could have played a part this year. £3 and a box of mini-milks?
  • Options
    Huddersfield Town has completed the permanent transfer of Tareiq Holmes-Dennis from Charlton Athletic for an undisclosed fee.

The 20 year-old left back has signed a three year contract, with the Terriers having an option on a further season, and will take the number 12 shirt in Head Coach David Wagner’s First Team squad.

Huddersfield Town Head Coach David Wagner today welcomed Tareiq to the Club:

“I’m very happy that we have managed to bring Tareiq to the Club during this summer window. We always look at the domestic market first and as he’s a great young British talent.

“Given that Jason Davidson left to FC Groningen, we were targeting another left back to add to the First Team squad. However, we would only do something now if the right player became available.

“Our Head of Football Operations, Stuart Webber, has been watching Tareiq for over five years and knows his talent well. Equally, Andrew Hughes played with him at Charlton and knows he is a good character too.

“Tareiq is very energetic player. He is a very modern full back who likes to attack and I believe his attributes will suit our system very well.

“He also has big space for development in the future because he is a good age, so this is very exciting. I’m looking forward to working with him on the training pitch.”

Born in Farnborough, London, the 5’ 9” tall defender joined Charlton’s Academy at eight years old and quickly progressed through the system, playing in the Club’s impressive FA Youth Cup run of 2011/12 as an Under-16 schoolboy.

Tareiq went on to captain Charlton’s Under-18 side before breaking into the Under-21 team whilst still a scholar. It was during this time that he made his sole appearance for England’s Under-18 side, coming on as a substitute in a 1-0 defeat in Belgium in March 2013.

Holmes-Dennis turned professional in October 2013, signing a first professional contract running for three years.

A year later, he had the first of three loan spells to gain senior experience; joining Sky Bet League 2 side Oxford United. He made 17 starts for the Club before being recalled by the Addicks in early February 2015.

Three days after his return, Tareiq joined another Sky Bet League 2 side, Plymouth Argyle, on loan for the rest of the 2014/15 season. During his time as a Pilgrim he scored his first senior goal, helping to relegate Tranmere Rovers in a 3-2 win at Home Park.

The full back featured in the Club’s ultimately failed Play-Off campaign, making 20 starts in total.

Upon his return to the Valley, Holmes-Dennis signed a two year contract extension with his parent club running until 2018. He soon made his Addicks debut, coming on as a sub in a Capital One Cup home win over Dagenham & Redbridge in August 2015.

His Sky Bet Championship debut soon followed in October with a start in a home game against Preston North End, but he subsequently joined Sky Bet League 1 side Oldham Athletic in March 2016, making another 10 starts.

In total, Tareiq has made five starts and nine substitute appearances for Charlton – including two appearances this season.

Read more at http://www.htafc.com/news/article/2016-17/huddersfield-town-tareiq-holmes-dennis-signing-transfer-3268554.aspx#6iU7of2YLtPP2agh.99
  • Options
    edited August 2016

Oggy Red said:

Carter said:

Of Tariq is asking to move then fair enough I think he's capable of doing a jib at a far higher level but I very much doubt that's the case and I don't see how a youngster who's barely got 12 senior games under his belt could assert himself like that. But nothing suprises me with the circus

Added to that, don't forget he's already played more than 40 League games loaned to clubs in League One and Two, since he was 18.

Whilst he was at Oxford, Oldham and Plymouth did they achieve anything in which would suggest he had changed their fortunes. He has to sit and wait and wait for his time to come and when it does grab it with both hands. Lets say for example Fox gets injured Saturday he would have been first choice for that position that he would have had every right to claim to be his own if he played out of his skin. I think he has been misadvised with regards to the move, should have been told to sit tight and wait for your time and learn the game from senior pro's, you are currently on the bench and would get a run out in cup games etc, bit the reality is that in this day and age it is probably down to the fact that the player is being offered a few hundred quid more to sit on a bench in Yorkshire rather than London.
    "in this day and age"? What is this age? Since 2014? Since 2004? 1984?

Agents have been looking to shift players, totally regardless of whether it is actually good for their "client's" careers, since the invention of agents. That is what they do.

One of the tasks of professional football management is to combat this scourge. Those that do, are successful. Those that do not, are feeding grounds for agents. that's why if you get to be in the boardroom at the Valley for a game, you will find it absolutely infested with agents. What are they doing there? Not working on behalf of the club, are they, because Roland told us he does not do agents, unless of course they are Dudu Duhan.

What a laughable excuse for an unintelligible sale. Yet another one.
    In the day and age where it is rare to see a player stay at one club for all his career.
    In the day and age where you now see 14 year old's with agents.
    In the day and age where players now want money before playing week in week out and waiting there time to get an opportunity.

These day and ages.

In terms of the argument you are using with regards to Roland does not do agents this was the case in previous years however this has not been the case in the summer. A agent known who were involved in three deals of ours that i know of and potentially another one says that it is the first time he had worked with the club for two years.

He also stated that the club are happy to pay good money for a player and top wages.

This has been the case in one player that left in the summer in which the money he was on with us was eye watering.

Slade also has total control on who he wants to bring in and gave the agent a list of potions that he needed for this campaign and the players he had identified.

That's not what KM said in a press conference. When asked if Slade had full control over transfers, she replied that the network sources identified players and then went to Slade who had final say whether they went for them or not. That's a different thing to Slade have control over transfers.

Although it is still clearly an improvement on what they did before and would still be doing if it wasn't for the protests.
  • Options
    I thought nobody else was leaving ?
    Didn't Slade say that ?
  • Options

he was shit anyway...

(am i first to say it?)

The game he played at right back when Solly was injured and had Bannon in his pocket ?

3 years contract and David Wagner as Manager.
    he's got a good chance of making it and turning into a good wing back or even left midfield, come winger.

No cover at LB now.
  • Options
    Unless Huddersfield have irrationally overrated THD's talent and prospects and/or the fee was simply too high to turn down (both are hard to believe), then I find this type of transaction to be very hard to rationalise or understand for a 20-year old player.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Didn't Slade say that ?

Wasn't it no major exits or something like that?
  • Options
    edited August 2016

Didn't Slade say that ?

No he said there will be no major players leaving. As much as I didn't want him to leave, and think we urgently need a left back now, a 20 year old that has played 14 times, and started only 5 of those times, isn't a "major player"
  • Options
    Annoying as it is I really don't understand why people are so surprised.

RD still wants a break even model, dropping to league 1 means to do so will be sell sell sell and buy on the cheap..... he probably needs to recoup £5m in sales.
  • Options
    Are they actually trying to build a team for the future? I get he wasn't a key player right now, but are we really building a team by getting rid of youngsters we've spent years developing for peanuts before seeing them bloom into something for us? I respect players like Foley, Crofts etc but it's all very short-term thinking.
  • Options
    I think he was a major part of our squad. All squad members are major in a squad the size of ours. If Fox were to break his leg we have no cover now so it is another avoidable and short sighted piece of transfer business on our part.
  • Options
    It's been a real pleasure watching this future Premier League lower level Championship star of the future.

Katrien you've lied to us yet again.