Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield Agreed Deal for THD? CONFIRMED - UNDISCLOSED FEE (pg 8)

Comments

• Options

I think he was a major part of our squad. All squad members are major in a squad the size of ours. If Fox were to break his leg we have no cover now so it is another avoidable and short sighted piece of transfer business on our part.

Well yes, if you're definition of major is every single player in the squad, then to you they are all major.

So Roger Johnson's major ?

Dimitar Mitov is major ?
    No.

THD is a second choice left back. Can also play left mid if needed.

Mitov is a third choice keeper with no first team experience and Roger Johnson is Roger Johnson.

Not a reasonable comparison in my opinion.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Promotion add on is included. We won't be seeing any of that then. ;)
  • Options

So you agree with sirjohnhumphrey, that any player that is sold will be a major departure ?

It's clearly not what Slade meant. If he meant no one would be leaving he would have said so.

He said no more major departures, which by implication means there will be lesser players moving on.

It's not rocket science.

Whether THD should have gone & whether it's a good deal, depends entirely upon who comes in before the window closes and what fee we end up getting. Also, if he was desperate to leave etc.

The rest is just hot air.

I understand what sirjohnhumphrey is saying, but what I'm saying is not the same, whether or not you recognise the distinction. For instance, should Roger Johnson be sold, I wouldn't think that was a major departure nor a major player, and therefore perfectly consistent with what Slade stated. Of course, the real travesty is that he was signed again at all!

You're obstinate, I'll give you that. I suppose some will find it admiral that you're defending your position so consistently, but that certainly makes you neither right nor clever. I think you've demonstrated that beyond reasonable doubt!
  • Options
    edited August 2016

RedChaser said:

A new low point - we're being openly looted.

Two wins gave a little respite, but it seems that's to be our meagre ration of hope - for who knows how long.

Saddened and very, very angry.

C'mon GHF, if you get down in the dumps what hope is there for the rest of us, we look to you for inspiration :wink: .
    Sorry, bud, but for some reason this latest piece of business has really struck home. Whether or not THD would have been a major player is beside the point - he could certainly have expected to play a significant part this season. There's nothing good to say about his departure.

The HT head coach is an old side-kick of J.Klopp, and the way he talks about THD is an echo of how Klopp has spoken about Gomez. These guys are serious operators, and know all about nurturing raw young talent. We've just served it up on a plate for them.

It's just the latest betrayal in a long, long line as The Real Owner and her boss have put this dear old club through the wood-chipper.

CTID - but who will get there first ??
    All the more reason for us oldies to take care of ourselves and outlive the old fool, if not then my son and Grandsons will carry on the fight, there's always AFC Charlton as a last resort, chin up :wink:
  • Options
    edited August 2016

Just can't wait for the press conference tomorrow to explain the decision to sell him !!!!!

He wasn't first choice left back & indicated that he would be open to moving elsewhere. Hudders came in with an offer that was acceptable. We won't keep unhappy players who aren't willing to fight for the shirt if they prefer to move on.

Will say Pearce & Lennon are very good cover & feels that it's a good move for everyone concerned.

I think i've covered that part of the press conference already Russell, move on please.

• Options

Wagner's / the Club's strategy is to sign for us young, hungry Players that in his words he wants to develop as Players due to the good brand of passing, attacking football we play.

You're in luck! Our strategy is to sell all our young hungry players that other clubs want to develop. You should have asked for a BOGOF.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

Just can't wait for the press conference tomorrow to explain the decision to sell him !!!!!

He wasn't first choice left back & indicated that he would be open to moving elsewhere. Hudders came in with an offer that was acceptable. We won't keep unhappy players who aren't willing to fight for the shirt if they prefer to move on.

Will say Pearce & Lennon are very good cover & feels that it's a good move for everyone concerned.

I think i've covered that part of the press conference already Russell, move on please.

Standard club spin. Any club, to be fair. Probably first heard it around the time we sold Len Glover ;-) (although the inane phrase "fight for the shirt" would not have been used)

• Options
    on watching THD and Fox play, THD is a far better player/prospect.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Slade saying he looked him in the eyes and said he wanted to go

Glad to hear he can look someone in the eyes.
  • Options
    Really disappointed with this one.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    WSS said:
    Pah, what a load of bollocks, more like Meire phoned up slade and said Tareiq is leaving, act like you don't want him, amirite?
  • Options

I think he was a major part of our squad. All squad members are major in a squad the size of ours. If Fox were to break his leg we have no cover now so it is another avoidable and short sighted piece of transfer business on our part.

Well yes, if you're definition of major is every single player in the squad, then to you they are all major.

Dimitar Mitov is major ?
    No.

Mitov is a third choice keeper with no first team experience and Roger Johnson is Roger Johnson.

So you say all our squad members are major, so I question whether Johnson & Mitov are and you say no, they're not major. Enough said.
  • Options

Dimitar Mitov is major ?
    No.

So you say all our squad members are major, so I question whether Johnson & Mitov are and you say no, they're not major. Enough said.
    Enough said? Bit of an arrogant and obnoxious thing to write in a fairly light hearted and fair discussion, but there you go.

Anyhow, I do accept that 'major' is a fairly subjective term and is therefore up for interpretation. There are levels of importance within a squad, granted. I will confirm that, in my opinion, THD was a major part of our squad. His departure leaves a gap that will need filling, and not by a left footed centre back in Harry Lennon or a talented but very inexperienced youngster in Archie Edwards.
  • Options

Generally i don't think it is great to re-post what you may have posted earlier to show how right you were.

So it gives me no particular pleasure to re-post what i wrote in the Walsall post match thread:

Delighted with this result and a lot of the story behind it.

But you know the problem with it, don't you?

RD will feed it into his algorithm and the result will come back:

" no further signings needed"

Unfortunately it seems the result from the algorithm was even worse:

"Take profits"

Your obsession is going to make you ill. Think you need to have a lay down in a dark room mate and think about the important things in life.
  • Options

Generally i don't think it is great to re-post what you may have posted earlier to show how right you were.

So it gives me no particular pleasure to re-post what i wrote in the Walsall post match thread:

"Take profits"

Your obsession is going to make you ill. Think you need to have a lay down in a dark room mate and think about the important things in life.
    Your obsession has already made you ill. Suggest you take your own advice.
    The bodyguard is back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Marginally surprised you remembered.
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

WSS said:
    So there we have it, THD wanted a move away from the club because he wasn't good enough to oust Fox in the eyes of RS.

Well that puts pay to about 10 pages of bollocks on this thread then!
    Not one to say told you so but got the news yesterday.
  • Options

"Take profits"

I'm obsessed about the future of our club too.
    Strange thing for you to post on a Charlton forum.
  • Options

"Take profits"

I'm obsessed about the future of our club too.
    Strange thing for you to post on a Charlton forum.
    If your obsessed about a football club you need to get out more.
  • Options
    Quick the sniping please chaps. Argue the toss other different views but please keep it on topic
  • Options
    Ok boss, sorry.

Good luck to THD from me. I hope he pushes on. Huddersfield gave us a pasting last year and they seem to be improving, I hope he gets in the squad and then wins a first team spot this year or next.
  • Options

Slade saying he looked him in the eyes and said he wanted to go

Glad to hear he can look someone in the eyes.
    But that's not his job !

A member of the SMT ( who shall remain nameless) said it was part of the pitchside stewards' job description although I have heard that the one with wandering left eye is causing some confusion amongst the players ....