Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield Agreed Deal for THD? CONFIRMED - UNDISCLOSED FEE (pg 8)

Comments

• Options
    Essex_Al said:

WSS said:
    So there we have it, THD wanted a move away from the club because he wasn't good enough to oust Fox in the eyes of RS.

Well that puts pay to about 10 pages of bollocks on this thread then!
    Doesn't fit with the anti charlton rhetoric so will be dismissed as 'well he would say that, wouldn't he'
  • Options

Just can't wait for the press conference tomorrow to explain the decision to sell him !!!!!

He wasn't first choice left back & indicated that he would be open to moving elsewhere. Hudders came in with an offer that was acceptable. We won't keep unhappy players who aren't willing to fight for the shirt if they prefer to move on.

Will say Pearce & Lennon are very good cover & feels that it's a good move for everyone concerned.

I think i've covered that part of the press conference already Russell, move on please.

Blimey he didn't even wait for the press conference, has only to mention Pearce & Lennon & he will have covered all that I predicted he would say.

Nonsense transfer.
  • Options
    I didn't particularly want THD to go, but...

3 head coaches last season and Slade this season have all preferred Fox to him, which makes me wonder if he's as good as some of the comments here suggest he is. THD seems to fall into the category of player that supports love, but managers don't for some reason, whereas with Fox it's the other way round...
  • Options
    I just wonder if the sale of THD is to balance the budget and make up an anticipated revenue loss due to reduced season ticket and match-day sales?
  • Options

I just wonder if the sale of THD is to balance the budget and make up an anticipated revenue loss due to reduced season ticket and match-day sales?

The books are screwed by League One. Selling all the players wouldn't change that.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Holmes-Dennis has gone. The world is still turning. What works for us - the punters in the Covered End - is aggression, intelligence, and the vitality to come out fighting at 3 p.m. for every game.

And win. No more sideways balls to the hopeless margins, no more gutless retreat to our own keeper, no more dim-witted pussyfooting that got us relegated. Ricky Holmes is a shot of adrenalin to SE7: getting stuck in, receiving possession, racing forward - and scoring.

Magennis, too, is a revelation. He moves and leaps, wins headers and nods for Ajose. In the next second, he sprints to the corner, hustling the defender, searching and probing - then runs to the box for the essential pass: a reminder of Yann Kermorgant. Our coaches might train another man for long throw-ins, because Magennis could create havoc on the end of his own launches.

Holmes-Dennis may be a promising young player. Meanwhile, we in the Covered End demand action that stirs the blood, baffles the opponents, and wins games from here to promotion.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    DOUCHER said:

Some of us have been round the block more than a few times and are very well aware of the travails of professional football, the attitudes of players, parents, guardians, agent, investment agents, lawyers in relation to the control of players.

To keep painting this as an excuse for any and every departure from the club or the excessive contracts we have seen displays a worrying naivety. Such issues in different forms from club scouts, dodgy managers, unscrupulous chairman questionable parents etc., have been around for decades.

It is part and parcel of the industry and one aspect everyone has to manage. It is no reason to keep rolling over at the first sign of a cheque book. Every CEO has to manage these issues - bleating about it is just an excuse.

I still keep reading how unlucky we were with injuries. No we were not. We were simply grossly understaffed to cope with them especially having recruited a significant number of players straight out of the treatment room.

Some of these justifications sound as if someone has stepped into a football clubhouse for the very first time.

Can we drop the sweeping statements? There is no fixed quota concerning academy players, youth players, overseas players, nor experienced pro's - it is about the ability of the player no matter the derivation and the balance they bring and contribution they can make to the squad in the short, medium and long term - that is football.

Holmes-Dennis with the loans he has had, is currently under his 10th head coach and probably twice that number of assistant coaches in 2 1/2 yrs.

He has been shunted off on various loans while watching any number of journeymen like Bergdich brought in and now seen the ageing Jackson played wide left alongside Crofts and another journeyman Foley (only on a 5 month contract) to provide probably the most immobile midfield in the entire league.

In terms of our squad he offers real balance. Is he irreplaceable? No but he is a naturally talented left side player. There are very few of those about. Indeed how many players have we tried on the left flank over recent years. We even played Cousins wide left for 1/2 a season.

Holmes-Dennis has had some grounding out on loan and should be at the exact point where he is going to be able to seriously compete for a spot.

If he goes he will need to be replaced. So it is not a question of "spitting the dummy" but just another frustration as it creates another issue to be addressed before the window closes.

If Slade prefers a predominately defensive left back then he has Lennon and Pearce who have played there and yes there is Edwards to come through the U23 but none offer the same options as Holmes-Dennis.

For the player at times in life you have to recognise you maybe in the right place at the wrong time. If Andy Hughes thinks he is up to the job for the style of fullback they want at Huddersfield I am certainly not going to argue with him.

It is however perfectly reasonable for people to express their disappointment and challenge the thinking behind the move, particularly with its timing being in the last week of the window.

Sometimes those commenting in defence of the realm protest just a little too much.

Thanks Pete - sometimes players, whether justified or not, get bent out of shape at a club and best for all to move on. That looks like it's the case and u can't blame him for wanting first team football particularly when the 4th different boss has clearly chosen another player ahead of you.
    The previous three don't count, they were clueless.
  • Options

Selling our decent youngsters to an average Championship outfit. What a fucking shambles we are.
    A couple of decent results changes nothing.
    These people are vermin and need to be driven out of OUR club.

We will never move forward whilst this poison is at our club.

Are you wising up to your employers Mr Slade or can you not give a f*** as long as your wages are paid on time?
  • Options
    edited August 2016
  • Options
    edited August 2016
  • Options
    edited August 2016
  • Options
    edited August 2016
  • Options
    He wasn't in the 1st teem
    No manager picked him ahead of Fox
    Russell currently prefers Fox
    The lad wanted to go
    He is a second choice left back in league 1
    If we got £200 k raising its not a bad deal
    Archie Edwards is a year younger

Good luck to the lad I hope it works for him but he clearly isn't part of the bigger picture

Its not black and white as people want to portray it, not everything the club do is wrong not everything is right
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Jeez, when did you say your wife's back Elfs?

Have a day off mate. Post your views but please give up the obsession with other posters, cheers

As you asked so nicely. I like people with manners.
  • Options

Have a day off mate. Post your views but please give up the obsession with other posters, cheers

He was a real grumpy bastard all day yesterday Dan . . . . . . . . . he must be missing her, aah!
  • Options
    I have seen Archie play quite a bit. He is good, but at his age and build he is not flawless and ought to be nurtured not exploited and he will come through.

The squad is thin getting thinner, and there is a desperate need for some more players.

Loans and hasbeens and unknown computer sourced players hardly fit the 'must want to play for the shirt' story promoted by Slade.

If Holmes gets injured because he is a target, Jackson because of fatigue, Pearce an unlucky normal injury, Solly's knee flares up, and Novak has a hand setback, all of a sudden we are left struggling.

We have been here before as well. Credible incoming players are needed. It seems to me simple and sensible common sense.

Unless we have already given up on the notion of success this season.
  • Options
    I completely agree and if Russell has said he wants 3 or 4 more he knows THD leaving that he requires a further signing.
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

He was a real grumpy bastard all day yesterday Dan . . . . . . . . . he must be missing her, aah!
    You're joking, I'm having a great time.

I asked her to bring an odd shaped(like you) beer glass back from Brussels to add to my collection, I'll know in a few hours.
  • Options

I asked her to bring an odd shaped(like you) beer glass back from Brussels

Secret fact finding undercover mission behind enemy lines ?

• Options

I completely agree and if Russell has said he wants 3 or 4 more he knows THD leaving that he requires a further signing.

It was 1 or 2 the other day. Where's 3 or 4 come from? And maybe he already knew THD was leaving.

We have less than a week until the window closes. We won't sign as many as 3 or 4.