Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield Agreed Deal for THD? CONFIRMED - UNDISCLOSED FEE (pg 8)

Comments

• Options
    Cawley saying 400k plus sell on
  • Options
    Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 8m8 minutes ago
    Tareiq Holmes-Dennis deal is £400k and #cafc have sell-on too.

He doesn't say £400k upfront though so stick with my guess of £200k plus add ons.
  • Options

Essex_Al said:

Jeez, when did you say your wife's back Elfs?

Have a day off mate. Post your views but please give up the obsession with other posters, cheers

He was a real grumpy bastard all day yesterday Dan . . . . . . . . . he must be missing her, aah!
    You're joking, I'm having a great time.

I asked her to bring an odd shaped(like you) beer glass back from Brussels to add to my collection, I'll know in a few hours.
    * STOP PRESS*

Charlton activist who is protesting by not going to home games and refuses to give the regime any more of his money, sends wife on a spending spree to Belgium!

When RD was interviewed on this shocking news he replied:-

''you English bastards get out of our country!''

:wink:
  • Options
    Yet another punishment as a result of our lack of loyalty to our divine leader.

IN ROLLAND WE TRUST!
  • Options
    edited August 2016
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 8m8 minutes ago
    Tareiq Holmes-Dennis deal is £400k and #cafc have sell-on too.

He doesn't say £400k upfront though so stick with my guess of £200k plus add ons.

Roland has a sell on clause not CAFC
    Is that even possible?

With the money we lose every season anything brought in from clauses will only be needed to cover those losses anyway.
  • Options
    I will reserve final judgement until we see who we bring in. It's midfield where we desperately need reinforcements, whereas I assume Lennon can cover LB - he won't give much attacking threat down the wing, but then neither does Fox.

THD was disappointing last season. Yes the club was a shambles, but he hardly appeared and was poor when he did play
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great move For THD.
    Bad move for CAFC.
    Tareig can dove tail with the LB or left mid field and give great attacking options for Huddersfield. Defending needs to improve but can have a great career as a wing back, left mid field of in an emergency a RB which he did for CAFC with aplomb.

Maybe not a "Major" transfer now but the kid will show how major in years to come.( injuries permitting)
  • Options

I will reserve final judgement until we see who we bring in. It's midfield where we desperately need reinforcements, whereas I assume Lennon can cover LB - he won't give much attacking threat down the wing, but then neither does Fox.

THD was disappointing last season. Yes the club was a shambles, but he hardly appeared and was poor when he did play

Lennon will offer more in the box at either end from set pieces though and he does like a goal.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Lennon will offer more in the box at either end from set pieces though and he does like a goal.
    If playing Left-Back though he'll surely be back on the Halfway line though wont he as its usually the LB / RB that stay back to stop any counter-attacks? (I definitely know that Solly never goes forward)
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Sorry to break the bad news but Lennon's worse game For CAFC was at LB.
    Plus the home game at the Valley in the U 21's against Cardiff last season
    Harry Lennon played LB because THD had gone out on loan and the big fellow got done twice by the winger resulting in two crosses which they scored.
    I would play Harry only as a CB where he would excel in the 1st division.
  • Options
    The sad thing is that all these has nothing to do with THD. Lets be perfectly frank and honest the reason for all the posts over the move is it just another excuse to have a go at the owners.

How would the fans have reacted if it was Fox that was sold?

It gets to a point where the posts fall an deaf ears and that is where CARD or anyone else that posting about how the club is run lose all credibility with other fans and in the end just get there back ups.

Losing THD is no great loss, and we have to be mindful that this was the players choice and not a club decision, once a player has elected to move as an employee would in his workplace you are better off just letting them go but at the same time making sure you get a good deal.

• Options

Selling our decent youngsters to an average Championship outfit. What a fucking shambles we are.
    A couple of decent results changes nothing.
    These people are vermin and need to be driven out of OUR club.

When you say 'average outfit' on this thread I wholly disagree. We are one of the smaller Clubs playing at Championship level, however, when it comes to Wagner and his coaching Team's footballing ethos and how they develop and maximise ability out of individuals.

We are to be considered a fantastic Club for a Player to develop and granted, probably be sold to Clubs with more money. Average no way.

With the exception of Scannel maybe, Wagner has made all our Players better since he arrived (some of them like you wouldn't believe) and yes many were 'average' at best or on their way out of the door under previous Management.

THD has made a long-term excellent career move and he will be thinking beyond Huddersfield Town.
    Average Champ team at best, in your eyes only are you not :expressionless:
  • Options

The sad thing is that all these has nothing to do with THD. Lets be perfectly frank and honest the reason for all the posts over the move is it just another excuse to have a go at the owners.

It gets to a point where the posts fall an deaf ears and that is where CARD or anyone else that posting about how the club is run lose all credibility with other fans and in the end just get there back ups.

Losing THD is no great loss, and we have to be mindful that this was the players choice and not a club decision, once a player has elected to move as an employee would in his workplace you are better off just letting them go but at the same time making sure you get a good deal.

As I see it, the response is not just to have a 'go at the owners', but the concern about the thinning out of the squad and the need to have a good squad for the season ahead.
    In players such as Harriott, Pope and THD there was at least some further potential. To be replaced by players such as Foley, Crofts and previously Johnson, and briefly Vaz Te does not say potential to me.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Hang on everybody where did I say I preferred Lennon as a left back? I was merely highlighting his attributes IF he has to fill in there.

@soapboxsam you're not telling me anything new I saw him make his full debut there away at Huddersfiield a couple of seasons ago and then at Doncaster but he'll do a job not ideal but if he gets selected then he'll get my encouragement.

@ForeverAddickted if you have height in your defence and you want to use that as an attacking threat you do; there is no law that says you must have a full back on the half way line to counter a breakaway anyone who can tackle with a bit of pace will suffice........... Oh hang on a minute :wink: .

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Harry Lennon is a decent young CB.

If left back was his position, he'd already be playing there.
    Players need to play in their true position to get the best out of them.

Please, no more square pegs in round holes.

The entire reason Lennon plays at LB when he does is because he's left footed. He's a big sod who is good at winning headers and tackles, a classic centre half. Any time he gets put at LB he is out of position. Let's just hope we get a decent replacement in; that replacement will have to be happy being behind Fox in the pecking order though judging by Slade's recent comments so it'll likely be a young player on loan.
  • Options
    Lennon might be a compromise at LB, but so would THD. Various head coaches and managers have preferred Fox because they see him as being better defensively

• Options

As for falling on deaf ears, just perhaps the same could be said of you and Essex Al and the late Colin.

Most people on here slag the regime off at evey opportunity, some look at each situation and a handful refuse to consider any critical comments to be valid because so many won't rest until the regime has gone because they have proved time and again that they are shit and are destroying my club.
  • Options

Lennon might be a compromise at LB, but so would THD. Various head coaches and managers have preferred Fox because they see him as being better defensively

On this I think you are right.
    THD might have ended up more as a Poyet style defensive midfielder, capable of the occasional decent foray forward.
    I have never seen THD have a languid, strolling type of game whatever position he is played in.
    THD whatever else he is works very hard indeed.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

Selling our decent youngsters to an average Championship outfit. What a fucking shambles we are.

When you say 'average outfit' on this thread I wholly disagree. We are one of the smaller Clubs playing at Championship level, however, when it comes to Wagner and his coaching Team's footballing ethos and how they develop and maximise ability out of individuals.

We are to be considered a fantastic Club for a Player to develop and granted, probably be sold to Clubs with more money. Average no way.

With the exception of Scannel maybe, Wagner has made all our Players better since he arrived (some of them like you wouldn't believe) and yes many were 'average' at best or on their way out of the door under previous Management.

THD has made a long-term excellent career move and he will be thinking beyond Huddersfield Town.
    If you took the time to read my post you would see the point I was making. Just a lazy response on your part.

This thread is about THD and he has made a good move to a Club that is not average in terms of Player development. Far from it.

That is why Clubs such as Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool are trusting Huddersfield Town with the development of some of their stars of the future.

• Options
    Some of you are beyond help.

It's 25th August, ffs, in what world is a better playing then THD arriving in the next few days?
  • Options

If you took the time to read my post you would see the point I was making. Just a lazy response on your part.

This thread is about THD and he has made a good move to a Club that is not average in terms of Player development. Far from it.

That is why Clubs such as Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool are trusting Huddersfield Town with the development of some of their stars of the future.

Do go away.

• Options

I have no issue with Huddersfield and what I experience of the club below first team level is a club, like Charlton, that takes that level of it's structure seriously. Our two clubs have had good encounters at that level recently.
    Good luck to you this season, I hope the more fickle Town fans have tolerance with THD.
    We have our own problems to worry about, and to me it is not fitting to diss Huddersfield in any way at this time.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I have no issue with Huddersfield and what I experience of the club below first team level is a club, like Charlton, that takes that level of it's structure seriously. Our two clubs have had good encounters at that level recently.
    Good luck to you this season, I hope the more fickle Town fans have tolerance with THD.
    We have our own problems to worry about, and to me it is not fitting to diss Huddersfield in any way at this time.
    I doubt THD will be seeing much first team action there in the near future anyway