Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post Match: Cheltenham 1-0 Charlton

Comments

• I am willing to withhold judgement until the Northampton game on Saturday. It's not that I don't trust all your reports, it is just that very typically, fans on here are very black and white;

Charlton win: Excellent performance
    Charlton lose: Terrible performance

I take your point Nick and don't get me wrong, this time last season and these season before I thought we looked good bets for the play offs......how wrong I was

It's just that if our midfield is largely comprised of what I saw last night then heaven help us. We'd do well to stay in the league.

Holmes looked bright, but against a team that were 2 leagues apart from us last year I don't want bright, I expect a routine victory. That we looked second best and the atmosphere surrounding the club all cries out 'Blackpool 2' to me

But if you haven't seen them yet then don't let us pessimistic mob get you down :wink:
  • Dazzler21 said:

Nicholas said:

Dazzler21 said:

Fuck you Katie, Fuck you Roland, Fuck you Murray, Fuck you Slade.

You're all cunts.

I've had it with these shits. SCP coyld work with this team imo. SAC could work with these players.

Even bloody PP could work with this team imo

Slade has just shown he is a muggy cunt with that sarky 'did you see that with your pessimism?' bollocks.

Ha ha it wasnt long ago you was flagging me for these types of posts. Have a like.
    Tis true... I am quite an optimist in life.

This lot of shitbags have finally broken my optimism.

I never realised just how much of a yes man any British manager would/could be.

I actually had some hope in the early days of the transfer window.

Then I began to remember all the past mistakes...

Mainly because they were being made again... for the 6th straight transfer window in a row since they Duchatelet purchased the club.

Sell the decent ones, bring in loans or shit players in turn.

Just please sell up, move on, die of old age whatever it takes for our club to get a new, interested, intelligent, understanding and committed owner in.

p.s Flag for you calling Meire a cow has been remooooved.
    Ha bang on agree with what you say. The scum in charge have gone too far now. All these shit managers they keep appointing are yes men, Slade knew exactly what he was getting into but still came in and is now repeating all the same old bollocks that all the other twats did before him. I keep thinking to myself that they will sell Lookman and Tex then they will have no one else to sell of any value and sell the club, but thats more wishful thinking then reality no doubt.
  • It's sad that I've got to this stage.

It's even sadder at how I've reached it.

I just can't believe they have handled the transfer market 6 times in a row in the same way.

Then 5 times we've heard how they've learnt from it or improved on what we had?

From now on they will just be the Shunts. That way i'm not having to exert the effort on calling them nastier names.
  • cabbles said:

I am willing to withhold judgement until the Northampton game on Saturday. It's not that I don't trust all your reports, it is just that very typically, fans on here are very black and white;

Charlton win: Excellent performance
    Charlton lose: Terrible performance

I take your point Nick and don't get me wrong, this time last season and these season before I thought we looked good bets for the play offs......how wrong I was

It's just that if our midfield is largely comprised of what I saw last night then heaven help us. We'd do well to stay in the league.

Holmes looked bright, but against a team that were 2 leagues apart from us last year I don't want bright, I expect a routine victory. That we looked second best and the atmosphere surrounding the club all cries out 'Blackpool 2' to me

But if you haven't seen them yet then don't let us pessimistic mob get you down :wink:
    I'll never forget the criticism after we lost 2-1 at home to Barnsley. We murdered them and they scored 2 goals totally against the run of play and everyone on here was suicidal with rage over how bad we had been.
  • edited August 2016
    @Nicholas and @Dazzler21 best of mates! Well I never. Liking and lolling one another, I do like a happy ending well done lads :wink:
  • RedChaser said:

@Nicholas and @Dazzler21 best of mates! Well I never. Liking and lolling one another, I do like a happy ending well done lads :wink:

Probably the only one you'll get this season , RC !

• TelMc32 said:

Having posted my player marks when I got in last night, it has taken me this long to bother reading through and bother even more to actually comment.

As @guinnessaddick mentioned earlier in the thread, and I have seen a few similar comments on here, I said as we walked out that, not long ago, a result like that would have left me in a foul mood for ages. Last night, I really didn't care, just as I wasn't really bothered walking away from Gigg Lane on Saturday.

Impressed with Konsa, Holmes (again) and Fox. I know Fox has a lot of detractors here, but he put in a couple of great crosses yesterday, was solid and clearly cares...he was obviously pissed off at the final whistle.

Feel for Jacko. He was desperate to take control, but just couldn't...he was, however, still miles better than Crofts. I thought Ajose was unlucky to be flagged offside after very good work from Hanlon.

Slade came across as a dick in Louis' interview and also coming across as a dick of a tactician as well.

I haven't renewed my season ticket, after going to the Valley for the last 45 years. I had every intention of doing a lot more aways this year, but I'm wavering on that as well now after the last 4 days.

Highlight from yesterday has to go to Cheltenham for their performance (well done Harry Pell...I'm sure he wasn't that freakin' tall when he was with us...did we let him go when he was 12???) and also for their programme. Brilliant words, understanding exactly the shite that we are having to live with as our interim owner/CEO.

Harry Pell played for us, after the U18's. He didn't leave until he was 19 I believe or around that age anyway. Was in the same year as Mambo.
  • Sponsored links:

• agim said:

It's got to the stage where I feel nothing in defeat. Nothing surprises me, nothing upsets me. It's a horrible feeling but they've sacked the life out of this club.
    What an absolute joke of a owner. Doesn't attend games, doesn't care. What the fuck is he doing?

RD and KM care less about Charlton than Hitler did about the Jews.
  • Pell scored one of the best goals I've ever seen at the Valley, in a Youth Cup tie, against whom I forget. Our RB crossed, 2 players dummied (one of them was Tamer Tuna), and Pell lashed a peach of a shot into the top corner. Truly memorable for the double dummy, and the great finish.
  • See blackpools boycot tonight? Shame our fans ain't got the strength to do the same for a game and send a big message out.

Is there film anywhere, can't find anything on You Tube ?

We have too many part time protesters, happy to shout we want rd out now & again but won't even protest round the back of the West Stand for half an hour. Instead they are in firkin crossbars lining his pockets & claiming "Oh it won't make any difference cause he's got loads of money. Why do people do this when there's loads of local boozers they could support. One "reason" I've heard is so they can look at the Valley while having a beer, I almost wish the belgians would build flats on the Jimmy Seed stand, that would spoil their fucking view ! (I said almost :-) )
  • RedChaser said:

Damn, I was looking forward to one of your half time humbugs this season :wink:
  • braydex said:

Rudd was quite involved in taking to fans behind the goal after the game. He seems a good character.

because it's just dwning on him that his reputation is at risk being at Charlton. When a team finishes the league on -XX goals and regularly loses games, people will judge the keeper, whether he is half decent or not!
    Did not do Carson any harm.
  • SDAddick said:

RedChaser said:

Meh, they're no @ElfsborgAddick and @ricky_otto
    Mr Otto is going to be my best man.
  • RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

Damn, I was looking forward to one of your half time humbugs this season :wink:
    Come up & see me sometime....

...at Walsall.

• I wouldn't get overly excited about a league cup reversal as we only had half a transitional team on the park.
    At least we've not given Rat the satisfaction of a decent pay day. Ricky Holmes our best player hence the need to withdraw ahead of a far more important cobblers clash.
    Lookman did well first half but may as well have been substituted after 70 as clearly lost enthusiasm for the encounter.
    Slade could've switched onto the right wing but didn't.
    We're going to have to man up starting this Saturday.
  • I'm surprised Lookman is still here. An asset we must realise to keep the ship afloat. I wouldn't get excercised about the sale but the money must be used to strengthen the squad.

• Slade could've switched onto the right wing but didn't.

Things aren't quite that bad. But it can't be long...
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm surprised Lookman is still here. An asset we must realise to keep the ship afloat. I wouldn't get excercised about the sale but the money must be used to strengthen the squad.

Ha ha. Money from Lookman will go straight into uncle Roland's pocket .
  • Managed decline. Slade has till October 8 to get the team sorted. Until we've had half a dozen league matches not much point in going mad. Mind you I'm not a renewable thus little stake in the matter.
  • RedChaser said:

Shhh don't tell everyone...
  • It was a typical cup match and you can't legislate for those especially away from home. Aston Villa tonight at Luton illustrates perfectly. No addick who was at Bury would've expected a 'routine victory'. We've been a League 1 club in all but name since last December. The robins clearly up for it last night and deserving their win.
    The lads did press, played football. We didn't just lump it forward as there was no target man in any case.
    Unfair to call anything though until we have a number of league games under our belt.
    Charlton not a club that interested in cup glory as 21st c history tells you.
  • Was pretty rough listening to it and following the match thread last night. But woken up with a new vigour.

Bring on Saturday and the first opportunity to shout loudly at the board room window in a while. I have missed this, I have a lot of pent up anger to release!

These people will never win! No matter how long it takes or how painful it is we will remove them from out club! There is no outcome possible where they win this war.

They may own the football club on paper but without the support of the fans that paper isn't worth wiping your arse with.

Charlton fans will never stop until we have removed this poison from our club and we will never, ever support them. They will fail, they will leave and we will win this war.

Blimey canters what cereal do you have for breakfast?

seriously though, I hope you're right as I'm not so positive
    I'm not optimistic it'll happen soon. But I am convinced 100% we will win this war. As long as Charlton fans stay up for the fight there aren't a better bunch out there. This shit stain will be forced out.

Fans united will never be defeated.
  • It was a typical cup match and you can't legislate for those especially away from home. Aston Villa tonight at Luton illustrates perfectly. No addick who was at Bury would've expected a 'routine victory'. We've been a League 1 club in all but name since last December. The robins clearly up for it last night and deserving their win.
    The lads did press, played football. We didn't just lump it forward as there was no target man in any case.
    Unfair to call anything though until we have a number of league games under our belt.
    Charlton not a club that interested in cup glory as 21st c history tells you.

That's fine as a one off, but in the context of the current 3 year trend of abysmal decisions that have got us here, it's downright unforgivable.
  • SDAddick said:

RedChaser said:

Meh, they're no @ElfsborgAddick and @ricky_otto
    Mr Otto is going to be my best man.
    I offer very reasonable rates.
  • Excuse this tired old Addick his total un-surprise(?) at that result. If i put too much thought into analysing our performances in cup games/derby games over the years, then my head would disolve to jelly.

We are serial bottlers. There have been exceptions obviously but 9/10 times we are predictably dog dirt on these occasions. It does not matter who owns us, runs us, is screwing us at the time, absolute umittigated dog dirt!

Aaaargh! I'm doing it again!!!!!
  • Rudd looked good.
    Foley at RB played ok.
    Johnson was decent.
    Konsa played well for one so young, but he's not ready yet, although a definite prospect.
    Fox had a couple of decent forward moves and also was well beaten a few times, tbh still struggled v L2.
    Jackson was chasing shadows all night against L2 players (non league last season). Should be bench only .
    Crofts, a little better than Jackson & should only start if the rest of the midfield can run.
    Lookman ran and lost it 90% of the time, was poor and not concentrating. Had a couple of good moments.
    Holmes, best player. Tried hard and was only creative player we had.
    Hanlon, like Konsa a decent performance, but probably should be bench only.
    Ajose, scored one ruled out and missed 2 he should have scored. Not good but he needs a big lump to play off & a midfield that can pass to him on the ground.
    THD played well when he came on & looked lively.

Desperately need a couple of creative, mobile midfield players and a big guy up front.
  • I've just caught up with the other results from Tuesday. We weren't the only club to get tonked by lower league opposition. Doesn't excuse the mess we're in, of course.