Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post Match: Cheltenham 1-0 Charlton

14567810»

Comments

• agim said:

It's got to the stage where I feel nothing in defeat. Nothing surprises me, nothing upsets me. It's a horrible feeling but they've sacked the life out of this club.
    What an absolute joke of a owner. Doesn't attend games, doesn't care. What the fuck is he doing?

RD and KM care less about Charlton than Hitler did about the Jews.
    erm...

• edited August 2016
    Greenie said:

not been to either game so far this season so will reserve judgement until after Saturday..........

however , I will say that this is the lowest I have ever felt supporting this club , There are so may things wrong about the team I dont know where to start- lack of creativity, no squad depth, too many youngsters/too many aging players ( how many players in their prime do we have, ie between the ages of 25-30)

I learnt something new this week....in fact, 2.

Firstly I have lived on the s/r London & Kent border all my life (Bexley, Dartford,Gravesend,....) and have spent many years commuting into London. On Monday I had to see a client in E London. Stratford to be precise. Usually I drive to appts but this time I thought I would try the train. couldn't believe it. it took just 11 mins to get there from Ebbsfleet !! it takes that long to get to Dartford from nearby Gravesend ffs

that then led to the second point........the Olympic park - mores specifically, West Ham,. Couldn't believe how close it was to the station I have a premiership ground virtually on my doorstep - no parking problems, no train delays
    and (I would expect) plenty of available tickets.

sorry chaps,,,,I know where I will be going if we sink any lower.

Classy.
    Whats the expression? Oh yes, 'I'll drive you to the station myself".
    Typical Premiership Johnny come lately fan.
    Harsh.

Golfie's a miserable old git sometimes but he is as 'Charlton' as any of us and has the miles on the clock to prove it.

Having also taken the train for the first time to Stratford from Kent and walked to the Olympic Park in the last couple of weeks I can see exactly where he is coming from.

I hate public transport with a passion verging on phobia yet managed to stay stay stress free in travelling up there. A real achievement for me.

There is no way I would go and watch West Ham instead of Charlton myself. If I do abandon Charlton it will be to watch Premiership Rugby or non-league but if you are a 'floating' uncommitted fan West Ham is very easy from Kent.
  • If we had half a brain we'd boycott the JPT & FAC as we've been shite in cup matches for so long now they're not worth bothering with. Still can't work out why 1,400 trapsed down the A12 in January just as anti-regime protests really kicking in. League form all that matters. Out of respect to SCP we should've boycotted that match.