Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post Match: Cheltenham 1-0 Charlton

Comments

• That's pure frustration. Not right, but it wasn't exactly Roger Johnson territory.

• edited August 2016
    Yes, Russell we did see how "Patient" you was in getting Rudd.

Yes, we also noticed how "Patient" you was getting Pearce and others etc.

But unfortunately for you, Charlton fans soon won't be "Patient" with you if this carries on!

Sort.it.out.
  • Unprecedented. Haven't kicked off a competitive game at home, and Slade already seems to have totally alienated himself from many fans. Great interview, Slade........ a twat at the end. Great manager, Slade.... at the end, what a twat?
  • Brusselslaid, Brusselslaid,
    Sits in the sun and drinks lemonade,
    Disinterested, disinclined,
    Whilst others get the best ones signed,
    Bruxelleslaid, Bruxelleslaid,
    Underworked and overpaid.
  • @least we are finding our level and valuation accordingly.
  • Not impressed with Slade's post match interview.
  • Sponsored links:

• Is RS showing signs of cracking already? Very strange interview.
  • "Chances are, hang on right now
    Though-oh-oh-oh my-my days are filled with sorrow
    I see years of pride tomorrow"

The late great Bob Marley sums it up.
    I'm still an optimist though...... I just have to be

• And to top it off we've just gone via the m25 home rather than staying on the m/a40 and going through London

At this time of night on a Tuesday in August, why, why add the extra miles
  • Now that's what I call thunder.

Can't say I'm looking forward to catching thunder clap, sounds nasty. Still at the current going rate it'll be a few years before ins at risk.

Still think it's to early to really dig out Slade although tactically I think he may be poor. I'm waiting until September and the transfer and loan window is shut until January before I totally apeshit mental.
  • cfgs said:

Why people are still intent on asking KM and co. questions I will never know, she's a compulsive liar. Make her feel unwanted and unsettled, not ask her questions or have a cosy chat with her.

Our aim is to drive them from our Club, talk is pointless.

Just turn up and glare at her.
    And be turned to stone ?

No thanks, I'll continue to totally blank her.

• Personally I think Slade is just grabbing anyone he can. It appears he has to fight for players, yet I'm not sure he is being given any kind of reasonable budget and is therefore only able to bring in cheap/free additions. Ajose, Novak and Holmes should have been the start of an influx of similar quality players. Instead they were purchased to encourage people to renew. Once they managed to get some more customers signed up for the season, in come the cast offs that nobody else wants to offer a contract to, and because they are desperate for a club, KM can offer them peanuts and doesn't have to worry about paying transfer fees.
  • Sponsored links:

• If big Russ does many more stroppy interviews like that then he will soon lose support from the fans . Despite who pays his wages he needs to be with us not Pinocchio or her boss.
  • Clearly the scale of the malaise as well as the unrest is only now dawning on Slade. And he hasn't had a home game yet! Horrible suspicion we will sign anything that moves and is available and willing as opposed to having set targets we are after. I wonder if he is calling the shots on transfers?

I hope I am wrong but am wondering if his earlier bullishness and optimism was actually bullshit and he is prepared to back the regime in exchange for them giving him a job. The next few weeks will tell as the pressure is not going to ease.
  • First time anything interesting has come out of a Russell Slade interview. 90% of the time he just talks in boring cliches.
  • Bit touchy at the end.
    He said it'd be 48 hours, it didn't happen in 48 hours. He has to answer for that without getting all arsey.

In the words of Stormzy, 'tell slade to shut up'.
  • From Russell's official post match interview:

Question: Russell, a disappointing defeat here this evening?

Russell Slade: "Yes, we want to win football matches, I thought we set our stool out quite well early on, it was a decent cup tie."

STOOL? The phrase is 'set your stall out'. Stool is shit. Poo. Poop.

Well said, Russell.

He did set his shit up...that's our first team unfortunately! :smiley:
  • My highlight of the game was Seb Lewis doing the Viking clap... On his own.

I heard that
  • One of the saddest things for me tonight was the total lack of interest from the Charlton fans who were there - hardly any songs - I'm worried now that these Belgians are beginning to destroy our spirit too. I, like some others, now associate the team with the regime and find it hard to get behind them Oh well, ground no. 81 done tonight and as most of the remainder are in League Two I should pretty much wrap it all up next season