Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post Match: Cheltenham 1-0 Charlton

Comments

• Proper shit and absolute shit are taking the piss out of us!
  • Grr, just wrote my best thread ever and didn't finish it before the match thread was shut and I lost it. Still should have been more careful...isn't that the motto Russell?

My sons school knockabout has more forward talent in it than our squad. I know they are only 4-11 but the 6 year olds regularly beat the 11 year olds for skill.

Rufus (son) was at the Charlton Trust football course again in Greenwich park last week. He is a good defensive midfielder, decent vision, good range of passing. He is six.

He told about an epic goal he scored last week where the ball came over his shoulder, and he volleyed it straight into the top right hand corner. I wish I had seen that because I would have expected he would shank or miss the ball completely.

without him wanting to watch Charlton as the local team I doubt I'd watch another game under Roland.
  • Can't wait for Saturday, even if CARD don't plan anything the atmosphere will be toxic,
    Report back to Roland and tell him the truth squirrel
  • Can't wait to find out from Russ what percentage done our next transfer is, I guess 6/7s.
  • Sponsored links:

• Talking of basket case clubs, Bolton lost AET 4-2 to Blackpool
  • So, any bets on when Riga returns?
  • Yeeeeeeeaaaaaahhhhh! We had two shots on target...get in there...that's nice. I'm renewing!

I still feel we have a long way to go before we reach our bottom.
  • mogodon said:

3blokes said:

If there was ever an indication that absolutely nothing has changed, it is Lookman playing this whole game because there were scouts there and it was window display time.
    And yet he only played 20 mins v Bury.
    Who names your team Russell, because it does not look much like it is you.
    And IF by some miracle it is, exactly what are you doing?

Surely ... SURELY ... he wouldn't have agreed to come unless he had autonomy over team selection? Appreciate he may have been sold a pup re transfers, but he can't have been so desperate not to have demanded control of the playing XI
    You would think so eh, but in our first match having been relegated the season before, surely you would use one of your brighter talents in that opening match to really send a signal to other teams and your supporters that you meant business.
    Unfortunately for us, our club's current version of meaning business seems to be to feature our best player in a less important game because scouts have come to look at him.
    I just wonder who is making that team selection "decision".
    I think we could all hazard a good guess who it might be. My money is not on RS.
  • “Our sole aim is to be fighting for promotion next season and our top priority is to put together a squad that can help Charlton Athletic get back into the Championship.”

Now where did I hear this?
  • mogodon said:

So, any bets on when Riga returns?

Would prefer KF back or get Nobby Vinegar in.
  • Sponsored links:

• “Our sole aim is to be fighting for promotion next season and our top priority is to put together a squad that can help Charlton Athletic get back into the Championship.”

Some lying dipshit of a Belgian tart?
  • This is bad. I can't believe just how low my club, our club, is sinking.

Sad thing is, with these clowns in charge, we will sink a lot lower.
  • mogodon said:

So, any bets on when Riga returns?

Would prefer KF back or get Nobby Vinegar in.
    Vinterim
  • Have you secured your place at the valley yet?
  • edited August 2016
    Rob7Lee said:
    Sounds very grumpy at th send, wonder if it was cut/he walked? It was 'and finally...........' then cut.

Must have been in nightmeire.

• edited August 2016
    Arsey twat. Well done Louis for asking the questions. What does Slade expect? He keeps saying new players are about to arrive and they don't. It's more likely that we sell.