Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Didn't take long - Marseille ain't changed.

Comments

• Options

Most of you know I am a very liberally minded lefty type, I have no problem with Muslims whatsoever. But if I were a moderate Muslim in Marseilles for the next couple of days I would simply avoid the areas where the football fans are - why go along mob handed to a bar (when you don't drink) in order to be offended? If you know you are the type that will fly off the handle if "provoked", stay away.

Absolutely, avoid the areas where they live and frequent because a load of ignorant idiots, whose buffoonery is exasperated at the mere whiff of a tasteless Stella, are in town!!

It's embarrassing!!
    Apologies, I didn't realise that the bar in which the England fans were attacked was in a Muslim area.
    Nope, can't see it? Been through my sentence again and analysed in depth, but can't find one mention of the word 'Muslim'!

No need to apologise though Algarve. I know the sun is strong there at this time of the year; even in the early morning! :wink:
  • Options

How the duck did that fire start in the bar?

Police or locals started it.

Is the first accurate comment you've made so far
    One more than you then.

• Options
    edited June 2016

Can't believe how many people are continuing to have a pop after that police statement was posted? The situation is explained pretty well and football fans like us, most of whom have been tarred with the same brush as violent idiots at some point in our life, are acting like tabloid journalists and just carrying on as if that statement never happened. se9addick seems to have a less hysterical take on it.

I struggle to match that statement with each new footage I see of drunken, shirtless, flabby, inbred English scum acting out in another foreign city.
  • Options
    WSS said:
    Is the fat bald bloke that Wednesday fan?
  • Options

How the duck did that fire start in the bar?

I thought that at first but think it might have a been a flare?
  • Options

Can't believe how many people are continuing to have a pop after that police statement was posted? The situation is explained pretty well and football fans like us, most of whom have been tarred with the same brush as violent idiots at some point in our life, are acting like tabloid journalists and just carrying on as if that statement never happened. se9addick seems to have a less hysterical take on it.

I struggle to match that statement with each new footage I see of drunken, shirtless, flabby, inbred English scum acting out in another foreign city.
    You really hate this Country don't you?
  • Options

Most of you know I am a very liberally minded lefty type, I have no problem with Muslims whatsoever. But if I were a moderate Muslim in Marseilles for the next couple of days I would simply avoid the areas where the football fans are - why go along mob handed to a bar (when you don't drink) in order to be offended? If you know you are the type that will fly off the handle if "provoked", stay away.

Absolutely, avoid the areas where they live and frequent because a load of ignorant idiots, whose buffoonery is exasperated at the mere whiff of a tasteless Stella, are in town!!

It's embarrassing!!
    Apologies, I didn't realise that the bar in which the England fans were attacked was in a Muslim area.
    Nope, can't see it? Been through my sentence again and analysed in depth, but can't find one mention of the word 'Muslim'!

No need to apologise though Algarve. I know the sun is strong there at this time of the year; even in the early morning! :wink:
    I was talking specifically about Muslims, so assumed that by "they" you were also referring to Muslims? Who were the "they" you meant?
  • Options

It's embarrassing!!

I was talking specifically about Muslims, so assumed that by "they" you were also referring to Muslims? Who were the "they" you meant?
    Unless by they he means the French?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2016

Sorry the statement does not suit you. Don't really know what else I can say?
  • Options
    Addickted said:

You really hate this Country don't you?
    I hate the yobs that bring shame on this country at every international tournament.
  • Options

It's embarrassing!!

As I said KmyB, in my original post I specifically referred to Muslims, BJ referenced my post, I think it's only natural to assume that the "they" he is referring to is the same group that I am?
  • Options

Marseille is a sh1thole - always has been - also 'home' to the French Foreign Legion in Aubagne which is effectively a suburb of Marseille.
    #justsaying

Nah...lovely city, but on the train in you do go through some very rough suburbs...like most large cities.
  • Options

It's embarrassing!!

As I said KmyB, in my original post I specifically referred to Muslims, BJ referenced my post, I think it's only natural to assume that the "they" he is referring to is the same group that I am?
    Mate for me i read it as the same as you. I was just being a bit tongue in cheek.
  • Options
    At least I've learnt how to spell Marseille, I thought it was Marseilles.
    Nothing surprising otherwise.
  • Options

don't forget shaven headed.
  • Options
    edited June 2016

WSS said:
    Is the fat bald bloke that Wednesday fan?
    Well I thought so.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It's embarrassing!!

'Don't mention the Muslims!'
  • Options

Marseille is a sh1thole - always has been - also 'home' to the French Foreign Legion in Aubagne which is effectively a suburb of Marseille.
    #justsaying

Nah...lovely city, but on the train in you do go through some very rough suburbs...like most large cities.
    I missed the Beckenham train once and ended up on the Bexleyheath line. I was aghast at what I witnessed out the window as I passed through.
    Sorry bout that, can't resist a bit of naked sunbathing sometimes...

• Options
    No idea how many fans we'll have in Marseille but i'd guess it'll be at least 25-30k. I know we often say it's a minority and it obviously clearly is, but if even 3-4% of them kick off (and i'd guess that % will probably be higher), that's still a fair old number causing trouble and they're the ones we're seeing plastered across every paper and news update.
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Bexleyheath (for example) choc full of pissed up Turks/Germans/Croatians (whoever), morning to night, all over the streets for days.

Sounds like a Brexit leaflet!
  • Options
    I heard Yeti was over there and possibly tooled up.

• Options
    Shrew said:

#justsaying

I missed the Beckenham train once and ended up on the Bexleyheath line. I was aghast at what I witnessed out the window as I passed through.
    Sorry bout that, can't resist a bit of naked sunbathing sometimes...

Why did you do it on such a cold day? ;-)