Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Didn't take long - Marseille ain't changed.

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2016
  • Options
    Worst thing that's happening at the Euro's for me is every game I go to in France has numerous Palace fans there, should I "Russia" them ?
  • Options

Here's a radical idea - accepting that we have had the wrong end of the policing and administering, why don't our fans try not getting totally pissed and being offensive! It isn't that hard really - you'd think asking them to adapt a bit to the conditions was like taking away their human rights to be ars**oles.

Do you think the Russians would have cared if the English were sober or not?
  • Options

Here's a radical idea - accepting that we have had the wrong end of the policing and administering, why don't our fans try not getting totally pissed and being offensive! It isn't that hard really - you'd think asking them to adapt a bit to the conditions was like taking away their human rights to be ars**oles.

I'm thinking about future skirmishes
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    No colours then - I want people to keep safe and I want them to avoid trouble even if they don't start it. I don't want us being kicked out of the tournament. And there are some scummy England fans out there - we can't deny that - even if they are the minority!
  • Options

Very naive comment, @MuttleyCAFC - lapping up the French defence of the indefensible. Yes, some England fans were having a drink, but I'd say the mix was about what you see at Charlton on an average Saturday - certainly on the day of the game, anyway. Many of the incidents were vicious, unprovoked attacks aimed at 'trophy gathering' - hence the attack I saw on a guy draped in a flag and someone else's report above re the Arsenal shirt. So if you genuinely want people to keep safe, then suggesting no colours would be more appropriate. It shouldn't be like that, though

@Hastingsaddick We were just in Cassis for a couple of nights but thought it was a lovely wee place. Stayed in a local B&B -the French host went out of his way for us, driving us to the station for train to Marseille and saying we were to phone him if there were any problems.

Fortunately we got away ok after the match and got a taxi back thanks to a couple if English guys (or perhaps they were Welsh from accents) who took it upon themselves to marshall the taxi queue at the main station. Once again, total absence of anyone 'in authority' doing so - Glasgow is better organised on any run of the mill Fri/Sat night.
    Glad you enjoyed Cassis....we were camping there so was nearer the train station....approx. 20 min walk.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Match two will not be as violent as Match one was.

I expect we will win by a narrow margin and that'll be it until the French and Russian ultras arrive...

• Options
    and Russia given a suspended disqualification
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    As I have mentioned (too many times) I have a Spanner mate here in Prague. Director of international ad agency, in his 50s, but still a Spanner. He was in Marseille. Just got off the phone to him now he's safely back in Prague. Summary as follows

- he's veteran of Spanner games in the 70's (I yawned loudly at that point) but that was worse than anything he ever saw in those days
    - totally insane to have the game scheduled at that time, (and place) and let our lot drink for 12 hours
    - tactics of French police equally useless
    - spontaneously said exactly what I said about the Russians being linked to the State in some way, and mentioned the Night Wolves as being part of the same thing, to 'send a message' in Putin's twisted way of thinking
    - he was actually in the Russian end, albeit the other side from where they rushed the barrier. Said he had a load of 'Wall sitting behind him too, but all got out PDQ. Russian aggression totally indiscriminate and seriously violent.

Looks like the French have belatedly worked out what's going on there, anyway...

• Options
    rina said:

Only if they cause problems inside the Stadiums though...

So they're still allowed to travel to Lens and cause shit there!!
  • Options
    edited June 2016

rina said:

Only if they cause problems inside the Stadiums though...

So they're still allowed to travel to Lens and cause shit there!!
    This has been confirmed as correct.

I hope those Slovakians are even more violent than the Rushkies.
  • Options
    Be interesting if they're chucked out as to what happens to the World Cup.
  • Options
    edited June 2016

@Hastingsaddick We were just in Cassis for a couple of nights but thought it was a lovely wee place. Stayed in a local B&B -the French host went out of his way for us, driving us to the station for train to Marseille and saying we were to phone him if there were any problems.

Fortunately we got away ok after the match and got a taxi back thanks to a couple if English guys (or perhaps they were Welsh from accents) who took it upon themselves to marshall the taxi queue at the main station. Once again, total absence of anyone 'in authority' doing so - Glasgow is better organised on any run of the mill Fri/Sat night.
    Hi Weegie, my girlfriend was born and bred in Marseille, and working back there at the moment. Cassis is where she'd spend her summer holidays as a kid.
    Whenever it's my turn to visit, we always try to manage a couple of afternoons/evenings at Cassis - family friendly, and very pretty with it's colourful boats and little cafe-lined harbour, exactly what you'd expect from a seaside town in Provence.

I've been going there frequently during the past 6 years and really got to know the place.
    It's a breath of fresh air compared to most of Marseille.

You made the right choice with Cassis.
    Glad you stayed safe.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2016

As I have mentioned (too many times) I have a Spanner mate here in Prague. Director of international ad agency, in his 50s, but still a Spanner. He was in Marseille. Just got off the phone to him now he's safely back in Prague. Summary as follows

- he's veteran of Spanner games in the 70's (I yawned loudly at that point) but that was worse than anything he ever saw in those days
    - totally insane to have the game scheduled at that time, (and place) and let our lot drink for 12 hours
    - tactics of French police equally useless
    - spontaneously said exactly what I said about the Russians being linked to the State in some way, and mentioned the Night Wolves as being part of the same thing, to 'send a message' in Putin's twisted way of thinking
    - he was actually in the Russian end, albeit the other side from where they rushed the barrier. Said he had a load of 'Wall sitting behind him too, but all got out PDQ. Russian aggression totally indiscriminate and seriously violent.

Looks like the French have belatedly worked out what's going on there, anyway...

I was thinking conspiracy meself, in one way or other, but weren't gonna say anything on here through risk of getting jumped on by one or all of the obvious knuckle dragging liberals of CL.

The video of the French gang entering the square and the geezer coming into picture picking up his pint; see the way the group of French WALK back down the street PAST the ob in full riot gear, the ob must've seen what went on before.....

Like I said a few pages back, it looks contrived to me on a few levels IMO
  • Options
    There's a crazy Russian P.O.V video doing the rounds, they're animals.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Dazzler21 said:

There's a crazy Russian P.O.V video doing the rounds, they're animals.

Seend a few of em folding in two an all, once a few England start giving back. If they are state sponsored, Putin ain't gonna be too impressed with that the flange
  • Options
    Russia given a suspended disqualification!
  • Options
    Bit like when your mum used to tell you she'd take away your pocket money if you did something naughty, knowing fore well if she did you'd just go and cause more trouble.

Slap on the wrist and nothing more, unless they cause real damage inside of a stadium or murder outside of it then they will get away with it.
  • Options
    "Knuckle dragging liberals" ... that's made my day :)
  • Options

Bit like when your mum used to tell you she'd take away your pocket money if you did something naughty, knowing fore well if she did you'd just go and cause more trouble.

Slap on the wrist and nothing more, unless they cause real damage inside of a stadium or murder outside of it then they will get away with it.

If they cause any sort of trouble tomorrow I can't see how they'll get away with it. Even bringing in flares would be enough for me.