Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Didn't take long - Marseille ain't changed.

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2016

LuckyReds said:

Salad said:
    The top read article on The BBC.

Whilst the second, is regarding the Dutch woman who had her drink spiked and was raped in Qatar - finding herself subsequently trialled for Adultery. She's now been found guilty, fined £580 and being deported back to The Netherlands.

The future choices for the World Cup venues make me sick, I feel so disillusioned with the sport right now. Internationally we've had bribery and corruption leading to two of the world's worst possible countries hosting the biggest competitions, and nationally we have our smaller clubs being destroyed via poor ownership (Blackpool, Leeds, Charlton) and their futures eroded via plans like those surrounding the JPT.

A depressing time for the sport; from FIFA right down to individual club CEOs.
    The French couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery. Shocking lack of intelligence in planning.
    The England team won't be chucked out, not in this tournament anyway. When it's finished, EUFA just might come up with new measures for future bans. But this tournament is too early for that.
    Dangerously out of your comfort zone aren't you ? You'll be talking about Charlton next.

Have you had your 17th birthday yet? Get back to your homework like a good little boy LOL

Well we can agree that a 17 year old could see through you but unfortunately you need to add 43 years to your very characteristic wide of the mark comment.

• Options

Don't think 2018 will be that bad. Ukraine 2012 was fine despite the warnings and what occurred in the qualifier there and a lot of Ukrainians consider themselves Russian!

Russia is not as friendly as Ukraine to be honest.

A quick Google of 'Russia, violence' unveils many disturbing videos.
  • Options
    Confirmed reports that the police were refusing to give CPR to a man in need on the floor, only after 5-10 minutes did they call for support to help the poor man after several people were begging them to help. Safety is their duty - you should be sued for not doing so if you are trained to.

French are a key problem here with a) local mobs hitting and running and b) Police acting too late and simply not caring - they are allowing the attacks and closing in after with tear gas which will only anger and separate people. They are quite clearly afraid or not willing to be a barrier to stop the fighting of which they are trained to be.

UEFA & French Police and lack of knowledge as to what the locals would be doing (easy chance of showing what they are made of against sitting ducks) are the biggest problem here. England not faultless, and Russians far from faultless but they have a chance to be the big guys here and they are taking that as the Police are letting them. Get in and knick them one by one, CCTV coverage all over the Cities, track them.
  • Options

I think there needs to be a fundamental re think about these tournaments.

Countries bid to get them full in the knowledge that having 1000's of fans turning up will fill the coffers of the towns shops, hotels, restaurants and bars and add kudos to the cities and country staging the event.

Well in theory that's correct but we know the reality inevitably turns into the nightmare we are currently seeing. I wonder just how many of those bars and restaurants are now just wishing away the days until it's over. How many ordinary shops are empty because the locals cannot safely use the city centre for fear of violence. Is it really worth the fear and effort involved ?

It's a real shame that there are 1000's of peaceful fans from all countries having what should be a wonderful few weeks in celebration of football ruined by a moronic few.

Is it actually worth it in its current form ?

Thing is though SHG, for most people in most locations, they have a great time. I sold my tickets for todays CZ v Spain game to my assistant. Her hubby has taken their 10 year old, along with two friends to share the long drive. Yesterday they zipped over to Bordeaux to watch Slovakia v Wales, because hubby is Slovak. Now having equally great time in Toulouse, and am sure they will all evening, even if the Czechs lose. They have only a vague idea of whats going on in Marseille. The kid will return with memories to last a lifetime.

What we need to do is hold to account the idiots who make a mess of the organisation. They've all been listed here. But starting with UEFA who today finally admit that staging The Russia game in Marseille might notnhave been wise. Today, with a fan in a coma, and many more injured and traumatised. I call that criminal negligence and if the FSF had some balls they'd look for lawyers to handle such a case pro bono.

Fantastic post - completely agree. A England/Neutral fan could've easily fallen and been seriously injured or crushed when the Russians crossed the barrier at full time in the stadium. Completely preventable with a line of police officers and just one example of many.

And with 150-300 marauding Russians, none in custody, I fear the worst is yet to come.
  • Options

Thanks for the best wishes, people. It seems @AFKABartram, the English policing rep, the Guardian and various other reports including Provence local paper I saw yesterday have all worked out that the worst trouble was caused by 200-300 Russian ultras. Why haven't they been kettled and arrested? After the initial trouble we saw, as we made our way to stadium, we came across a dozen or so of them hanging around on a corner, just brazenly gathered and very obvious by the hankies cum mask round their necks. No police in sight. Just their presence was causing panic among fans who spotted them. It was the complete absence of control and management by the authorities that was most scary -and the terrorism watch is no excuse as that should surely mean extra vigilance not less?

exactly - why can't they just play by the rules - we all know that a true display of patriotism involves getting blind drunk, grouping up outside a bar, singing songs that will aggravate the locakls, the opposition and the police and then, once the police are there in sufficient numbers to prevent any real fighting, throw a couple of plastic chairs through a patisserie window. That is how its done - the Russians have ruined it all now.
  • Options

DOUCHER said:

I think the banning orders on our hooligans should be lifted, a meet arranged in a field somewhere in northern France where all are welcome - no police, no stewards, no ambulances - just let the Russians,Welsh,French, English and whoever else,get I with it- meanwhile, the alcohol bans inter towns can b lifted and those who just want to enjoy themselves in a normal way,can- simple

The French wouldn't turn up :wink:

only the Russians would - it would be like when your lot got smashed all over the place in hungary or wherever it was a few years back
  • Options
    21 Englishmen arrested & 0 Russians. French Police and authorities have a hidden agenda.
  • Options

21 Englishmen arrested & 0 Russians. French Police and authorities have a hidden agenda.

its not hidden - they hate us
  • Options
    No way Russia will be banned from this competition or lose the 2018 World Cup unless the Russian ultras kill people.

Whoever the leader of FIFA is at the time they need to decide would probably get a short call from one of Putin's guys or Putin himself if a number of people had died.

'We think it would be better for you and your family, especially your family, if we could work together to make sure Russia remains the host of the 2018 World Cup. Do you agree?'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

I think the banning orders on our hooligans should be lifted, a meet arranged in a field somewhere in northern France where all are welcome - no police, no stewards, no ambulances - just let the Russians,Welsh,French, English and whoever else,get I with it- meanwhile, the alcohol bans inter towns can b lifted and those who just want to enjoy themselves in a normal way,can- simple

only the Russians would - it would be like when your lot got smashed all over the place in hungary or wherever it was a few years back
    Lol. Yeah, because you know what happened in Hungary don't you.

• Options

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Knew you'd like that one - and yes, I have plenty of mates who were there - I live in Sidcup so have plenty of banter with lots of Bermondsey asylum seekers / immigrants.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Knew you'd like that one - and yes, I have plenty of mates who were there - I live in Sidcup so have plenty of banter with lots of Bermondsey asylum seekers / immigrants.
    You know nothing mate. Seriously, you and your pretend Millwall mates who weren't there either. :wink:
  • Options

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

You know nothing mate. Seriously, you and your pretend Millwall mates who weren't there either. :wink:
    Touched a nerve haven't I? pretend? not like you eh? - your real wall aint yer whatever that is? i know there's a strict set of rules.... to qualify but if being season ticket holders for years and being in hungary counts, and one (my next door neighbour) having run a pub in the heart of bermondsey for many years, then I think their reports are true so think on.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Touched a nerve haven't I? pretend? not like you eh? - your real wall aint yer whatever that is? i know there's a strict set of rules.... to qualify but if being season ticket holders for years and being in hungary counts, and one (my next door neighbour) having run a pub in the heart of bermondsey for many years, then I think their reports are true so think on.
    Listen mate, I'm not going to get in to a my cocks bigger than your cock hooligan debate on here, but I'll tell you this much, anyone who thinks we got 'smashed all over the place' in Budapest clearly wasn't there. Or maybe you've exaggerated or twisted your Millwall 'mates' version of events? Very hairy in places, a few stragglers and blokes with their families getting picked off, yeah, I'd agree with that. But smashed all over the place? Not even close.

• Options
    edited June 2016
    But you are the sort of bloke who links all Muslims to Isis so shouldn't be surprised you'd BS about this too. :wink:
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Not biting.
  • Options

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Listen mate, I'm not going to get in to a my cocks bigger than your cock hooligan debate on here, but I'll tell you this much, anyone who thinks we got 'smashed all over the place' in Budapest clearly wasn't there. Or maybe you've exaggerated or twisted your Millwall 'mates' version of events? Very hairy in places, a few stragglers and blokes with their families getting picked off, yeah, I'd agree with that. But smashed all over the place? Not even close.

No point, nothing's as big as mine (and my Dad's a policeman)
  • Options

Don't think 2018 will be that bad. Ukraine 2012 was fine despite the warnings and what occurred in the qualifier there and a lot of Ukrainians consider themselves Russian!

that's like claiming you'll be fine going to Millwall because you were fine going to the Valley
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Paris fan zone serving beer but that's because there has been no trouble in Paris. Each local authority gets to decide whether their fan park sells booze. I can see Lens and Lille saying no on Thursday but they need to confirm before people set off.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Looking back, I don't really understand how Ukraine was so trouble-free in 2012. I just remember what seemed like being outnumbered 10-1 by Swedes in Kiev and them having a great time. I don't think their fans are particularly antagonistic, and there were bloody loads of them - could have helped.

They served beer in plastic bottles as well, so when people were launching those about it was 'a bit of a laugh'.

Best memory of it was after a game (everyone drunk), a huge group gradually assembled to play a massive impromptu game of booting a football up in the air and chasing it about in the street. Not even a hint of it getting nasty, even when people got a bit 'enthusiastic' to get to the ball. Big bunch of Ukrainians joined in too.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Just seen the Roy Hodgson and Wayne Rooney video posted on the England Twitter account.. Seriously? Appealing to our own fans to "stay out of trouble"?

A bit weak considering even a lot of the press are now recognising where the blame actually lies.
  • Options
    Press Association ✔ @PA
    #Breaking England fans Alexander Booth and Ian Hepworth jailed for two months and three months respectively over #EURO2016 violence
    3:00 PM - 13 Jun 2016
  • Options
    BBC saying 2 x England fans have been given short term prison sentences today.
  • Options
    For picking up plastic bottles and throwing them at police. Love to see the terms the Russians should be getting set on that precedent and speed of conviction..
  • Options
    edited June 2016

For picking up plastic bottles and throwing them at police. Love to see the terms the Russians should be getting set on that precedent and speed of conviction..

Agree completely. By those standards they'd get the book thrown at them.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens when those nicked Russian's go to cour... Oh yeah.
  • Options

Paris fan zone serving beer but that's because there has been no trouble in Paris. Each local authority gets to decide whether their fan park sells booze. I can see Lens and Lille saying no on Thursday but they need to confirm before people set off.

I've made me mind. Not bothering, gonna cost me best part of 400 Euros to drive 7 hours and look for a bar, that if it's open and selling lager, will take fuck knows how long to get served. Gonna put me money towards summin more useful like a new clay gun boysieeee
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Just heard that one of my friends is out there, via my best mate. Sadly he got mugged by some Russians last night, although he counts himself very fortunate that he got away with just a black eye.

Strangely, they literally stole the shirt off his back; there's now a marauding Russian wearing an Arsenal shirt apparently.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

Just heard that one of my friends is out there, via my best mate. Sadly he got mugged by some Russians last night, although he counts himself very fortunate that he got away with just a black eye.

Strangely, they literally stole the shirt off his back; there's now a marauding Russian wearing an Arsenal shirt apparently.

That's just sick!

Hope your mate is cheered up by our winning the group and storming to the final...