Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Didn't take long - Marseille ain't changed.

Comments

• Options

So now England and Wales have teamed up and massively outnumber the Russians, is football violence a good thing?

Banter
    That's OK then because England outnumbered Russia all the way through the "banter" and still had their arses handed to them.
    England scarfers caught unawares and ended up giving a very good account of emselves from what has emerged of late.
  • Options

So now England and Wales have teamed up and massively outnumber the Russians, is football violence a good thing?

Banter
    That's OK then because England outnumbered Russia all the way through the "banter" and still had their arses handed to them.
    England scarfers caught unawares and ended up giving a very good account of emselves from what has emerged of late.
    I'm sure the practice they have put in will come in handy when they take part in the danson fun run...
  • Options

Banter
    I'm sure the practice they have put in will come in handy when they take part in the danson fun run...
    Sour grapes

Ain't you got some bagpipes to polish or curling stones to wax?

; )
  • Options

The sweatys ain't there, that's all you need to worry about
  • Options

Banter
    Sour grapes

; )
    Na, the pipes haven't been used since 19fucking98 and I'm more likely to have kidney stones than curling stones!
  • Options

Banter
    Sour grapes

; )
    Na, the pipes haven't been used since 19fucking98 and I'm more likely to have kidney stones than curling stones!
    What Valley Gary said
  • Options

Unfortunately not VG, my kids are half Irish!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Unfortunately not VG, my kids are half Irish!
    I used to like you Dave
  • Options
    This Russian hooliganism invasion is disgusting.

Shocking that MP's over there are encouraging violent criminal acts too. What does this say for the future of Russia and the strange fact that they have obviously strongly just majorly got into something and pointing out we are the trend setters of 30 years ago.

Brits in football related violence have obviously been idiots over the years, with the bad high reputation for provoking football fights but these Russians are freaks, like they specifically stay in shape, work out go to the gym for the specific purpose to beat up football fans they don't know.

Its even weirder that these Russian thugs are not even under the influence of alcohol (not that its a good enough excuse anyway)
  • Options
    Imagine if Russia get through and draw Ukraine!
  • Options
    Russian hooligan on BBC News saying they've been waiting 10 years for something like this and can't believe how little the French OB have done.
  • Options
    Lebvedev said something like 'Well done the boys for doing us proud, let's see what we can do for them when they get home'

The Russian combat units will not get nicked in France because they are too fast for inspector cluseau's men (rank I know sorry), get promoted up in the army, get medals and shit and be generally well praised.

The English fans will get nicked and sent to prison, or banned or both.

Roll on World Cup 2018.
  • Options
    Godstone said:

Dave2l said:

This Russian hooliganism invasion is disgusting.

Shocking that MP's over there are encouraging violent criminal acts too. What does this say for the future of Russia and the strange fact that they have obviously strongly just majorly got into something and pointing out we are the trend setters of 30 years ago.

Brits in football related violence have obviously been idiots over the years, with the bad high reputation for provoking football fights but these Russians are freaks, like they specifically stay in shape, work out go to the gym for the specific purpose to beat up football fans they don't know.

Its even weirder that these Russian thugs are not even under the influence of alcohol (not that its a good enough excuse anyway)

Have to say that Russian MPs encouraging this reminds me of the rise of the Nazis with the help of the 'Brownshirts', who were paramilitary thugs.

Dictators love the supposed physical supremacy of their people which is why the USSR and East Germany drugged their athletes and why the modern Russian regime encourage this kind of aggressive masculinity (just as Putin likes to ride on a horse bare-chested).
    The Russians still have drug issues with their athletes and their government are rumoured to be involved.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Uboat said:

I've been to Russia twice and meet a lot of lovely people. Just thought I'd mention that as its all gone a bit cold war on here.
    Not a sympathiser or apologist. Just adding perspective.

Absolutely agree with you. But Putin has taken complete control of that country, and its media. Russia is currently the country the UK would be if a bunch of 'Wall took over the UK Cabinet.

There are more than 40,000 Russians with permanent residence in the Czech Republic. Generally they are people who are disgusted by the direction Putin is taking their country, although we are also worried about Putin agents "embedded" among them.

• Options

Uboat said:

I've been to Russia twice and meet a lot of lovely people. Just thought I'd mention that as its all gone a bit cold war on here.

Absolutely agree with you. But Putin has taken complete control of that country, and its media. Russia is currently the country the UK would be if a bunch of 'Wall took over the UK Cabinet.

There are more than 40,000 Russians with permanent residence in the Czech Republic. Generally they are people who are disgusted by the direction Putin is taking their country, although we are also worried about Putin agents "embedded" among them.

40,000 out of 150,000,000; he ain't doing too bad then really is he
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    You just have to look at the two people arrested today for putting a flower arrangement - spelling "Love Wins" - outside the US Embassy in Moscow.

I've worked with Russians, and have a close neighbour as one, and they are decent people - if a bit stereoptyically aloof. But to imply that these people were the embodiment of Russia - "decent but aloof" - would be a gross error.

Russia - on the whole - has issues aplenty and some very aggressive and unfavourable elements. We're seeing some of these manifest in the violence on the streets of France and the tweets by their elected officials, and I dare say we need to get used to that if we're going to have a World Cup there.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

You just have to look at the two people arrested today for putting a flower arrangement - spelling "Love Wins" - outside the US Embassy in Moscow.

I've worked with Russians, and have a close neighbour as one, and they are decent people - if a bit stereoptyically aloof. But to imply that these people were the embodiment of Russia - "decent but aloof" - would be a gross error.

Russia - on the whole - has issues aplenty and some very aggressive and unfavourable elements. We're seeing some of these manifest in the violence on the streets of France and the tweets by their elected officials, and I dare say we need to get used to that if we're going to have a World Cup there.

Next door neighbour, can't get any closer than that Red. Unless you got a flt share...
  • Options
    Putin's Russia is very different from gobachov's russia even though many of the Russian people are the same.

There is every possibility the state will have assisted, trained and supported the current display of Russian strength in France.

Putin remains one of the most powerful and dangerous people on the planet, a man to be rightly feared.

In many ways what he has achieved is very impressive.

• Options

Uboat said:

Who is 'we', out of interest?