Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Didn't take long - Marseille ain't changed.

Comments

• Options

Unfortunately the plod, and for that matter the French in general couldn't care less if the Brits get a bit of a kick in.
    Looks to me as though it's being actively encouraged.

This
    you got a group of Russians running about all day looking like their on a stag do our leader has picked up on it why not the french

• Options
    You'd have to have a death wish to consider going to the 2018 World cup.

Who would seriously bother going all that way just to be beaten up by Russian hooligans and their police.
  • Options
    I was gonna hitch-hike to Toulouse this week to see The Who. Think I'll give it a miss... don't really fancy hours of talking about football violence or people moaning to me about the English...
  • Options

You'd have to have a death wish to consider going to the 2018 World cup.

Who would seriously bother going all that way just to be beaten up by Russian hooligans and their police.

Ahh the advantage of being Scottish, I won't have the option of watching them at the World Cup...

(I will be there IF we qualify)
  • Options
    Possible Russian points deduction.
  • Options

Russians were simply running a mock and clearing everything in their path through the day it seems. Video below a fair example. The policing has been absolutely shocking, from what I've seen its been largely two or three groups of 50-100 Russians that must have got into about 20+ confrontations through the day. Crazy how they were allowed to roam so free.

They've got some energy about them I'll give them that. Overdosed on steriods, red bull and protein bars

https://youtu.be/IZxXrjC_65I

To be honest that is a clip of a running battle.

• Options
    When you look at those scenes throughout the day and then read that only 4 or 5 Russian fans and 4 or 5 English fans were arrested it is staggering. Those riot police, despite wearing all the gear seemed not only clueless but timid. Were they just ordinary police with a couple of weeks extra training?
  • Options
    Bin men are going to be busy this morning.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Like it or not I stand by what I said sitting ducks, where are the Russian banning orders ?
  • Options

Bin men are going to be busy this morning.

They've been on strike for a while.
  • Options

When you look at those scenes throughout the day and then read that only 4 or 5 Russian fans and 4 or 5 English fans were arrested it is staggering. Those riot police, despite wearing all the gear seemed not only clueless but timid. Were they just ordinary police with a couple of weeks extra training?

Seems that a group of 100 or so Russian "ultras" we're able to steam around town all day.

How difficult would it be for a couple of hundred riot police to round them up and deport them.

The French Police have a lot of explaining to do .
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

French police showing themselves to be inept, Russians showing themselves to be scum

As for the idea that banned English fans should be let in... yeah, that will make things better, more wankers.

What a time to be alive!

Just so you know, you got a lol from me for last comment not other bits you said.
  • Options
    The trouble is the French police are so worried about a Terrorist incident, they are not focused on anything else.
  • Options

The trouble is the French police are so worried about a Terrorist incident, they are not focused on anything else.

Which is why the security was so lax as to allow flares and detonators into the stadium ?

• Options

Unfortunately the plod, and for that matter the French in general couldn't care less if the Brits get a bit of a kick in.
    Looks to me as though it's being actively encouraged.

To be quite honest, before the last few days, I would've laughed at that, but not now
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Godstone said:

I shall be holidaying in Devon instead - cream teas and no Russian Ultras.

Much more Charlton.

Dunno, my mate said his missus was there last weekend having it with a gang of Russians.

• Options
    UEFA should organise a Hunger Games style contest in some uninhabited wasteland away from the cities for all who want to fight, to allow the proper supporters to enjoy themselves without fear of being bottled, teargassed or generally bothered by the pond life of all countries.
  • Options

UEFA should organise a Hunger Games style contest in some uninhabited wasteland away from the cities for all who want to fight, to allow the proper supporters to enjoy themselves without fear of being bottled, teargassed or generally bothered by the pond life of all countries.

Norwood
    And the winner gets to light the first match at S******* Park.
  • Options

Norwood
    Haha, it's no Grove park but the Mrs lives there so got to visit it more than I'd like
  • Options
    olster said:

Currently awaiting for the airbnb host to reply as it seems like she's got cold feet about renting out her apartment for the week because of the last few days. Excellent. If only we had a bigger firm out there.

Meanwhile, people are running for their lives or getting their heads kicked in.
  • Options

Norwood
    Haha, it's no Grove park but the Mrs lives there so got to visit it more than I'd like
    Had a shop at Grove Park BR Station
  • Options
    Did you? What did it sell?