Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Didn't take long - Marseille ain't changed.

Comments

• Options
    From the BBC website. Several CAST people have met Chris Slegg

Chris Slegg, a BBC London reporter on holiday in Marseille for the football, said he had been at a bar with friends and other fans on Friday night, watching France's game against Romania, and the atmosphere had been friendly.
    However, shortly after the match finished, a group of 20 to 30 French youths had emerged from side streets and thrown firecrackers and bottles at people who had been watching the game outside the bar, he said. The incident had been completely unprovoked, he said.
  • Options
    Northern Ireland and Poland kicking off in Nice
  • Options
    Bloodyhell, that doesn't sound good.

• Options

I think there was fighting between both sets of supporters when they played recently in Belfast.
  • Options
    Hopefully any Charlton fans in Marseille stay safe and the fighting stops asap with minimal injuries.
  • Options
    Was at the game in the stand it kicked off in. Security shite, Russians pricks. Organisation of how to get out and home after fucking dreadful. Waiting for a bus back now. Roll on 2018
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Ha! Wonder if all this will affect Brexit.
  • Options
    1.07 EPIC FAIL! lol
  • Options
    French riot police tactic, turn up late, chuck in some tear gas to create a gap between the fighters, consider whether to actually get involved.
  • Options
    Rumours circulating of an England fan being thrown under a Metro train and pronounced dead on the scene
  • Options
    Russian ultras were clearly identifiable in their end. No police between them and the neutral (mostly England) section, just some mesh on some seats. Announcement on the pa just before they equalised said the Russians would be held back at the end, so the risk was known. For whatever reason it was only enforced by the mesh. OB nowhere to be seen.
  • Options
    This has gone far too far.

It's fucking football. Fuck this.
  • Options

Rumours circulating of an England fan being thrown under a Metro train and pronounced dead on the scene

It's being circulated by a "journalist" from the "Forest Echo News". A fake news outlet that I thought were content with having fun starting bullsh*t transfer rumours, but apparently they can sink another level.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Makes me sick to the stomach.
    Not football at this stage.
  • Options
    If this is true. Bring the England team home .we are not going to win the euros. And keep are fans safe
  • Options
    From Skynews

23:01
    FIGHTING IN NICE

The AFP news agency are reporting that Northern Ireland fans have been drawn into fighting in Nice.

According to a Northern Ireland police officer accompanying fans at the scene, French riot police moved in after local Nice youths hurled bottles at Northern Ireland supporters in cafes near the central Place Massena.

"About 20 to 30 Nice youths started throwing bottles at the Northern Ireland fans. Some bottles were thrown back, some punches were thrown," the officer said.

"French police arrived to contain the situation."

• Options

It's being circulated by a "journalist" from the "Forest Echo News". A fake news outlet that I thought were content with having fun starting bullsh*t transfer rumours, but apparently they can sink another level.
    Lad I posted above is there and says metro network down and station closed. Seen the ForestEchoNews thing myself but thought that added some credibility.
    Hope it is a hoax anyway.
  • Options
    Frightening stuff! The Russians and Turks are far worse than we ever were. There's just no code. Anyone is a target
  • Options
    What a pile of shit.

People shouldn't die going to football.

If this is true I hope they find the perps and shit them away.
  • Options
    Well I meant shut them away but shit them away works.
  • Options
    Got away quickly after the match. Saw the Russian fans stream through the stewards into the England section at the end, should have been better segregation. They kept the Russian fans in at the end, but not sure how long for but a fair number of them were seemingly out for to make some trouble.

Saw a few people covered in blood during the day saying they had been attacked but nothing untoward on way to the match. For the most part a great atmosphere until after the game.

Hopefully no one is hurt, or failing that seriously hurt.
  • Options
    Blimey I knew it would be bad but bloody hell! I hope everyone gets home safe, this has to be one of the worst acts of hooliganism in history.
  • Options
    Can only echo what others have said: stay safe out there all.