Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton determined to go British as they target Wilder - SLP

1234568»

Comments

• NTFC said:

Talk sport have pretty much said its done and dusted! :(

I remember Talk Sport also saying that Curbs to Wolves was a done deal a few years back. Next thing we heard he turned it down.
  • If Wilder does sign, he won't be there at the start of the season. Hold up buying your season tickets until then.
  • If Wilder does sign, he won't be there at the start of the season. Hold up buying your season tickets until then.

This is a point well made. I believe he might go quicker than Mel Baroni if the deal is what we think it will be.
    If the regime is framing this for season ticket sales rather than the approaching season I would rather wait until I could see how it is stacking up.

Exactly. And lump on Nobby V @ 13/2 Skybet - CAFC Manager 1st game next season!
  • Me thinks Chris Wilder needs to have a good chat with Chris Powell before making a decision he may live to regret.

;-))
  • There are only so many times the regime can cry the opposite of wolf and this sounds like another attempt to delude us that everything is okay and then a few months later land us all back in the same mess. I wait to be convinced though and hope my gut instinct is wrong.
  • Got a feeling that Roland's going to really have a go at getting back up next season. Even if it means going against what he's done so far. Unless he plans to run the club in to the ground he has no choice. Please don't resurrect this comment in a years time because I'm probably completely wrong. But without any inside knowledge I'm quietly optimistic.

Anyone got the it's happening gif? ;)
  • edited May 2016

Got a feeling that Roland's going to really have a go at getting back up next season. Even if it means going against what he's done so far. Unless he plans to run the club in to the ground he has no choice. Please don't resurrect this comment in a years time because I'm probably completely wrong. But without any inside knowledge I'm quietly optimistic.

Anyone got the it's happening gif? ;)
    On the "Wilder close" thread
  • Sponsored links:

• So we're so excited we have two separate threads on the same subject? Shame I have to go to bed now, but with the expectations to see 200+ new posts on both threads when I get up tomorrow. :smiley:
  • So we're so excited we have two separate threads on the same subject? Shame I have to go to bed now, but with the expectations to see 200+ new posts on both threads when I get up tomorrow. :smiley:

Sweet dreams

• edited May 2016

So we're so excited we have two separate threads on the same subject? Shame I have to go to bed now, but with the expectations to see 200+ new posts on both threads when I get up tomorrow. :smiley:

Don't go to bed Jessie. Get a Chris Wilder flag and drive up and down the road waving in out of the sun roof, whilst honking the horn, "Chrissy Wilder's red and white army....beep beep"
  • NTFC said:

It would take a monumental shift in Charltons policy for this to happen. Our Owner is a visionary. A change of this magnitude would be an admission of failure. Still think it won't happen.

On the other thread it says it definitely won't happen because Roland is 70 and people that age aren't adaptable.

What's the average age of CL by the way?

:smiley:
  • NTFC said:

It would take a monumental shift in Charltons policy for this to happen. Our Owner is a visionary. A change of this magnitude would be an admission of failure. Still think it won't happen.

On the other thread it says it definitely won't happen because Roland is 70 and people that age aren't adaptable.

What's the average age of CL by the way?

:smiley:
    I represent that remark
  • Got a feeling that Roland's going to really have a go at getting back up next season. Even if it means going against what he's done so far. Unless he plans to run the club in to the ground he has no choice. Please don't resurrect this comment in a years time because I'm probably completely wrong. But without any inside knowledge I'm quietly optimistic.

I would like to formally retract this statement, in writing.
    I heard similar from a potentially unreliable source as posted elsewhere. Fucking idiot for believing it.

Even @Terry Naylor got one wrong.
  • If he's worth his salt, a five minute chat with Meire should see him give us a big fat No.

Second post in. :-)