Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton determined to go British as they target Wilder - SLP

Comments

• Don't shoot the messenger, but I heard the new sofa is being lined up as head coach

After today , you'd have to be a few pillows short of a sofa to manage us :wink:
  • Don't shoot the messenger, but I heard the new sofa is being lined up as head coach

You mean couch.
  • Wilder is 1/8 with sky bet now.
  • NTFC said:

The rumours have been flying around for the past few days about Chris Wilder joining Charlton. With odds been slashed there's obviously something init but I am not sure it's going to happen.

Chris Wilder however did join us in a very strange fashion leaving Oxford (close to auto promotion) to join us 8 points of safety! He somehow managed to keep us up and then continued to build on our success.

CW does not mix his words at all! And I would advise you all to see his speech about our old chairman (who was his boss at the time) after the Notts County game. That brought all of the fans together. He heavily criticised the chairman and told him he needed to sell etc it's one of the best moment for NTFC in modern history.

Like I say very outspoken if he is unhappy with the squad you know about it. He came into us and literally got rid of pretty much everyone as quickly as he could and then built his own team.

Would he move to Charlton? That I don't know but if you think Chris Wilder will go to be a puppet for a chairman you couldn't be more wrong.

I cannot see him going to you after reading some of the comments but the standard of players you will be signing compared to us may make him think. We don't want him to go!!!!

Hope your club sorts out its issues.

Thanks for the input @NTFC what is the feeling among fans at your club do they think he will leave?

If he slated your chairman he certainly wont get on with ours or our owner thats for sure.
  • He has been linked with every single job from the championship down. Big rumours in Bolton press that he rejected them.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2016
    He ticks all the right boxes for being a Charlton manager and none of the boxes that need to be ticked by Duchatelet.

Sleep easy. He's definitely not coming to The Valley.
  • Ive read that his teams are very organised a few times now. It's exactly what we need - direct but not hoofball and good organisation. Proper 442

Get him in as soon as possible and let him build a new team.

And let him sign Kemar Roofe from Oxford
  • Me thinks Chris Wilder needs to have a good chat with Chris Powell before making a decision he may live to regret.
  • I'd love to see him come based on what I have just read here. The b side is I cannot see why he would leave Northampton in the first place, and moreover, can't imagine him wanting to work for a football moron like Dushitalet or a pathological liar like Katrien. RD needs to learn that while he may have money, his tightfistedness and 'hands on' ownership mean most managers would steer clear. Tell him to ask Riga about life under Roland.
  • Was it Lennie who signed Wilder for us as a player?
  • That's how we play away against the better teams in the division. At home against the weaker teams our full backs bomb forward. Yesterday we played the young pro at right back at as Brendon Maloney was injured.

I do not understand the level of hate towards the chairman (as an outsider without looking into it). But if CW was given some money to spend and full control over player transfers I think everyone would be interested. Cannot see CW going without this in hand. Which is why I hope he stays with us.
  • NTFC said:

The rumours have been flying around for the past few days about Chris Wilder joining Charlton. With odds been slashed there's obviously something init but I am not sure it's going to happen.

Chris Wilder however did join us in a very strange fashion leaving Oxford (close to auto promotion) to join us 8 points of safety! He somehow managed to keep us up and then continued to build on our success.

CW does not mix his words at all! And I would advise you all to see his speech about our old chairman (who was his boss at the time) after the Notts County game. That brought all of the fans together. He heavily criticised the chairman and told him he needed to sell etc it's one of the best moment for NTFC in modern history.

Like I say very outspoken if he is unhappy with the squad you know about it. He came into us and literally got rid of pretty much everyone as quickly as he could and then built his own team.

Would he move to Charlton? That I don't know but if you think Chris Wilder will go to be a puppet for a chairman you couldn't be more wrong.

I cannot see him going to you after reading some of the comments but the standard of players you will be signing compared to us may make him think. We don't want him to go!!!!

Hope your club sorts out its issues.

Further to this, I heard Wilder interviewed on the radio a couple of weeks ago and he put great stress on being able to chose the players he wanted and said that he put great emphasis on the character of the players he brought to the club. As NTFC says he is clearly someone who speaks his mind. Based on this I would say that there is no chance of him becoming our next manager and certainly not our next "coach".

However I think I read somewhere that none of the players he brought to Northampton cost anything. That would make him Roland's No 1 choice!
  • ross1 said:

Was it Lennie who signed Wilder for us as a player?

ross1 said:

Curbishley and Gritt.
  • ross1 said:

ross1 said:

Curbishley and Gritt.
    Thanks again ricky
  • Sponsored links:

• ross1 said:

Wilder has 2 loan spells with us.

90/91 under Lennie
    91/92 under Curbishley and Gritt
  • shirty5 said:

ross1 said:

Wilder has 2 loan spells with us.

90/91 under Lennie
    91/92 under Curbishley and Gritt</blockquote
    You're quite right. Played once under Lennie and twice under AC and SG.

I think we may also have had leroy Rosenior on loan as well the 2nd time wilder was with us.
  • I suggested him on Jan 13th... Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Well, it's not really, because like dickplumb says, why would he want to join this circus?

How long do we wait for Marc Wilmots?
  • I guess that depends on how far Belgium go In the Euro's? But it fits in perfectly as Chris Wilder can do pre-season and then get sacked after losing the first friendly match and then in comes Willmots so we can still keep changing managers every 3-4 months if we get Chris in now and the RD master plan still keeps rolling on!
  • Mametz said:

Further to this, I heard Wilder interviewed on the radio a couple of weeks ago and he put great stress on being able to chose the players he wanted and said that he put great emphasis on the character of the players he brought to the club. As NTFC says he is clearly someone who speaks his mind. Based on this I would say that there is no chance of him becoming our next manager and certainly not our next "coach".

However I think I read somewhere that none of the players he brought to Northampton cost anything. That would make him Roland's No 1 choice!

Sounds like exactly what we need. With emphasis on character, he sounds a lot like a certain Mr Curbishley.
  • ross1 said:

ross1 said:

Curbishley and Gritt.
    Gritty was at the Valley yesterday.

Things fade don't they? However just putting on record that I love Gritty still.
  • I'd love to see him come based on what I have just read here. The b side is I cannot see why he would leave Northampton in the first place, and moreover, can't imagine him wanting to work for a football moron like Dushitalet or a pathological liar like Katrien. RD needs to learn that while he may have money, his tightfistedness and 'hands on' ownership mean most managers would steer clear. Tell him to ask Riga about life under Roland.

Ken, putting aside the regime for a second, the B side is that any manager wanting to progress through the ranks would find Charlton a very attractive proposition as opposed to Northampton!
  • 1StevieG said:

I suggested him on Jan 13th... Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Well, it's not really, because like dickplumb says, why would he want to join this circus?

How long do we wait for Marc Wilmots?
    Colin knows but its confidential information .