Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton determined to go British as they target Wilder - SLP

Comments

• We'll speak to several British managers and none of them will be willing to work under the constraints RD will impose. We will still not have a manager with just a couple of weeks of the seasons start. Roll in someone from Belgium we've never heard of. Anyone willing to bet against this scenario ?

Only way they will attract anyone with slightest self respect is if they lie to them and make assurances to them that they fail to keep, which is what I think they probably did to persuade Riga to return.
  • If the club are making an approach for Wilder...6/1 on skybet not a bad bet?

Down to 1/2 now
  • I know the joke is usually out but Michael Appleton might not be a bad shout...

He's done really well with Oxford United this season and over the past few years, am sure Holmes-Dennis will have good words for him too
  • It will either be the cheap current coach or that Vinegar fella from Hungary - laughable that the bookies are taking it seriously.
  • Chris Powell 2/1
  • Chris Powell 2/1

You did mean two million?
  • stonemuse said:

Chris Powell 2/1

SkyBet

• stonemuse said:

Chris Powell 2/1

SkyBet

Blimey!
  • stonemuse said:

Chris Powell 2/1

SkyBet

Would Powell agree to work for RD again? I just can't imagine he would.
  • stonemuse said:

stonemuse said:

Chris Powell 2/1

SkyBet

Blimey!

• Sponsored links:

• stonemuse said:

stonemuse said:

Chris Powell 2/1

SkyBet

Blimey!

Chris Powell 2/1
    Steve Cottrill 4/1
    Chris Wilder 6/1

• Difficult to believe seeing as CP was heavily criticising the regime again just the other day. But it's football so you never know.
  • Just the bookies trying to nick your dosh.
  • Yeah it's bollocks.
  • If somehow we got a new manager. I would want to hear from them straight that he runs the football. He sources the players within the usual constraints, and he picks the team.
    And then I'd want proof.
  • seth plum said:

If somehow we got a new manager. I would want to hear from them straight that he runs the football. He sources the players within the usual constraints, and he picks the team.
    And then I'd want proof.

Not gonna happen Seth ... has to be done Roland's way and no other option. Hence, no decent manager will take the job.
  • British my arse, it's PR nonsense. They know that a decent British manager will never work within their ridiculous framework. Prepare for another network monkey or low grade foreign import.
  • Chris Wilder now 1/10
  • Chris Wilder now 1/10

Gene Wilder 16-1
  • stonemuse said:

stonemuse said:

Chris Powell 2/1

SkyBet

Blimey!
    should've lumped on Chris Wilder at 6-1 missed opportunity

Chris Powell 2/1
    Steve Cottrill 4/1
    Chris Wilder 6/1

• Sponsored links:

• as I posted on another thread, Wilder is not interested. He sounded out a couple of Charlton 'people' who he knows, we all know, and they advised him to steer well clear.
  • stonemuse said:

stonemuse said:

Chris Powell 2/1

SkyBet

Blimey!

Chris Powell 2/1
    Steve Cottrill 4/1
    Chris Wilder 6/1

I know it's bookies rubbish but I'd love Steve Cotterill here!!
  • We'll speak to several British managers and none of them will be willing to work under the constraints RD will impose. We will still not have a manager with just a couple of weeks of the seasons start. Roll in someone from Belgium called Jose Riga. Anyone willing to bet against this scenario ?

Fixed it for you.
  • Whoever it is is not welcome if appointed by these owners.
  • Just looking at Sky bet and the odds, 11 managers since Curbs, if you go back 11 managers before him we are in 1933 and Jimmy Seed.

Really can't believe as it stands SCP is favourite, he has too much integrity to return under these owners surely, no matter how much he loves our Club.
  • edited May 2016
    Wilder will not come here. No self respecting manager would work for this bunch of shitehawks.

We will be stuck with damaged goods or people who have been out of the game for an extended period and are desperate to get back in.

Suspect we may see Malky Mackay mentioned again.
  • Wilder will not come here. No self respecting manager would work for this bunch of shitehawks.

We will be stuck with damaged goods or people who have been out of the game for an extended period and are desperate to get back in.

I think you're half right but with these clowns in charge they'll probably go for Ched Evans
  • Wilder will not come here. No self respecting manager would work for this bunch of shitehawks.

Appointing that disgusting racist would represent a new low for the regime.
  • Don't shoot the messenger, but I heard the new sofa is being lined up as head coach