Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Not the most inspiring of CV's: Alfreton Town, Halifax Town, Oxford United and Northampton Town. Although it would appear he did a brilliant job at Northampton.

Quite surprised to see he was linked to the Bolton job, but if internal politics put him off of that one then I can't see him coming here either. It could be seen as progress I guess, but...
  • Why we he want to come to Charlton.
  • I suggested him on Jan 13th... Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Well, it's not really, because like dickplumb says, why would he want to join this circus?
  • Assuming this is coming from inside the club when are they going to tell us that Riga is leaving?

Never assume. According to Cawley on Twitter this is from his own digging. Absolute silence from the club.
  • edited May 2016

If he's worth his salt, a five minute chat with Meire should see him give us a big fat No.

That's exactly the problem we have in trying to recruit good quality staff at any level.

Anybody with any nous will already know the toxic set up at the club, and that's why they (RD/RM/KM) need to be got rid of.

• I think it was on the Football League show where they mentioned that Chris Wilder was doing so well partly because he had a really good Assistant Manager in Alan Knill (Ex-Bury Manager) so hopefully we'd get both.
  • LuckyReds said:

Not the most inspiring of CV's: Alfreton Town, Halifax Town, Oxford United and Northampton Town. Although it would appear he did a brilliant job at Northampton.

Quite surprised to see he was linked to the Bolton job, but if internal politics put him off of that one then I can't see him coming here either. It could be seen as progress I guess, but...

In essence he is a L2 or lower manager. No experience of L1 yet.

• Sponsored links:

• edited May 2016
    The only reason he might agree to joining is for a bigger salary at Charlton.

He is probably on peanuts at Northampton so even if we pay him a modest wage then he will still be better off financially.

There is no way that any serious football person would join this complete and utter freakshow at the moment if they had any serious ambitions.

Being told what to do, who to pick and who to buy by a deluded Belgian pensioner and his possibly psychotic sidekick is not an attractive option for anybody.
  • I think you would be surprised how many not so well know managers would consider Charlton even with Roland.

If rumours are true that Colin Wanker, Paul Ince and John Carver wanted the job in January.
  • Assuming this is coming from inside the club when are they going to tell us that Riga is leaving?

Never assume. According to Cawley on Twitter this is from his own digging. Absolute silence from the club.
    If they've got any sense (yes I know) they won't make targets public so they won't have to admit they got turned down and look even more stupid.
  • edited May 2016
    The fact that they may be beginning to accept their plans for the manager and scouting set-ups were unfit for purpose in England is good news. But the damage they have done to that club in that time due to their unwillingness to listen to those who warned them is a disgrace.
  • I wonder what club he will join when he is replaced by Fraeye in October.
  • edited May 2016
    If they do not listen to the radio, watch the tele, read newspapers or surf the net, speak to anyone else in football or in the street for that matter OR have never been to Belgium, we may be in with a chance of getting someone...
  • Get real you lot......it will be another Belgian no mark.
  • I think it was on the Football League show where they mentioned that Chris Wilder was doing so well partly because he had a really good Assistant Manager in Alan Knill (Ex-Bury Manager) so hopefully we'd get both.

From very well connected sources at Torquay I can tell you that Alan Knill was a very divisive figure when he was in charge there, so I personally won't be wishing for him too much!
  • Sponsored links:

• Divisive. .......sign him up now he will fit in well with Duchebag, Liar Liar, Tony Kissarser and Mandy Double Barrelled Brown-Noser.
  • 'as Charlton look to hit the ground running in the third tier'

ha, ha. we are already months behind in planning. can't see anyone like Wilder coming here as a) he'll have plenty of other offers and b) one word with CP and he'll off like a shot. anyway if this is coming from the Club then it's probably an attempt to fool some fans, let them renew seats and then appoint the Serb with Carol as DOF.
  • And so it begins......
  • They can go after whoever they want. As soon any self respecting manger talks to Meire or Roland they'll walk away.

This 100%
  • Wilder is exactly what we need (other than the Belgian exit). He is a very good lower league manager.

However, you don't get to be a good manager at any level by taking orders from people who know considerably less that you. So I imagine this will fall apart at the 'Can you guarantee I'll have no interference in team affairs?' stage.
  • Is Wilder a coach or a manager? The difference seems to be overlooked in articles like this and subsequent discussions but it is pretty important.....
  • Wilder would be a decent punt, but a punt for sure. Certainly a step up on what we've had since Powell, but good enough for Charlton Athletic? Not convinced, although to be fair he's done well pretty much everywhere he's been. Career win percentage in the 40s I believe.