Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton determined to go British as they target Wilder - SLP

Comments

• If Wilder signs we won't be getting the bloke who fired Northampton to promotion. We'll be getting Katrien Wilder. And she/he is shit.
  • If this is a leak from the club then they see us as xenophobic idiots. So sorry Ranieri, Guardiola, Poyet - you don't meet the criteria. Sorry Yann you're French.
    What they want is cheap. What I want is competent players and staff and that means sacking the CEO, Chairman and SMT for a start.
  • Tutt-Tutt said:

No chance, he's the next Sheff United manager.

Was thinking that myself earlier.
  • Keep reading comments about Wilder being a good lower league and non league manager.
    Surely if there is any ambition to return to the Championshipband push to the Premiership then we need to be aiming somewhat higher than Wilder?
    But I think I've answered my question - cos there seems to be sod all ambition from RD and KM. Explains a lot....
  • Keep reading comments about Wilder being a good lower league and non league manager.
    Surely if there is any ambition to return to the Championshipband push to the Premiership then we need to be aiming somewhat higher than Wilder?
    But I think I've answered my question - cos there seems to be sod all ambition from RD and KM. Explains a lot....

Like Dowie or Pardew then...
  • Meire and Murray might be keen on getting a British manager, if only to try and take a bit of heat off them from the fans, but no matter who they line up Roland will send us Commrade 5-a-Side.
  • It's complete bullshit don't waste anymore time looking into it.
  • We could finish up with Riga gone and nobody willing to work for Doshitalot. Could be interesting.
  • Hi nobby.
  • Sponsored links:

• Big_Bob said:

The Wilder news may have been leaked one day before tomorrow's match to 'deter' and 'soften' protests that will happen tomorrow.

Well it won't wash. It'll only serve to make us wilder!
  • ;m going to hang my neck out & say that I reckon RD has got the message and we will see a British manager and a number of British players join us before June is out./i>
  • Tutt-Tutt said:

No chance, he's the next Sheff United manager.

Chris Wilder will come good
  • Judgement is hugely out on this one for me What's the point in getting in anyone if the meddling from Douche and his side kick continues. That's the key. I'm sorry but I can't get enthused about this or anything Charlton at the moment
  • I don't see what difference it makes where the manager is from. It doesn't matter what his track record is. As long as Roly is pulling the strings, nothing will change.

Crap players given to a powerless manager who is told to make it work. And when it fails, another victim will replace him.

No manager who takes this job deserves any sympathy. They know the rules, and they are complicit in the demise of the club
  • Swisdom said:

The work he did at Oxford was immense, turning them from mid-table regulars to promo challengers.
    He then left unexpectedly while Oxford were flying high, to go to Northampton (who were in relegation trouble).
    He turned the Cobblers from Vanarama dross into runaway L2 title winners within a couple of seasons.

Not a bad CV - and a former CAFC player.

Agreed.

Despite the clubs not being glamorous he has done a superb job at Oxford and Northampton (who were in administration 5 months ago). He's blooded a number of youngsters and seems a pretty modest fella as opposed to a flashy "look at me" type.

Would be a step in the right direction

So that's the appeal for twathead.
  • More upheaval, more debt on the CAFC credit card, for what? The manager is not the problem, it's the regime that needs to change.
  • It will take a charm offensive of cosmic proportions for me to accept any manager or head coach that agrees to work for Duchatelet now.
    Even if the person is the nicest most effective person in the world, even if we win every game next season we will only be back where we started.
    What factors can be assembled and constructed that can lead to fan/regime reconciliation? I am struggling on that one.
  • seth plum said:

It will take a charm offensive of cosmic proportions for me to accept any manager or head coach that agrees to work for Duchatelet now.
    Even if the person is the nicest most effective person in the world, even if we win every game next season we will only be back where we started.
    What factors can be assembled and constructed that can lead to fan/regime reconciliation? I am struggling on that one.

"Sorry" might be a good start!
  • Sponsored links:

• limeygent said:

We could finish up with Riga gone and nobody willing to work for Doshitalot. Could be interesting.

I don't think that scenario will be very far from the truth, however it will probably work in his favour as there will always be someone out there that has never heard of charlton and eager to pick up a pay cheque for cheaper then usual, in a football related position.

There will always be someone. It's a bad job to have on your CV as a serious coach though.

"I want Guy Luzon to be Charltons Alex Ferguson"

What a f*cking twat.
  • If he comes here he will be cheap.
  • I think he'd be a good appointment under normal circumstances, seems to be the right pedigree for us and the league we find ourselves in, but thats hardly what we have, normal circumstances.

He's unlikely to get to be a true manager who decides on the key matters, I hope I'm proved wrong but even if he does come, I give him 6 months until he walks or is walked out.

The next couple of months are set to be quite interesting from the footballing side to see who comes and goes.
  • Rob7Lee said:

I think he'd be a good appointment under normal circumstances, seems to be the right pedigree for us and the league we find ourselves in, but thats hardly what we have, normal circumstances.

He's unlikely to get to be a true manager who decides on the key matters, I hope I'm proved wrong but even if he does come, I give him 6 months until he walks or is walked out.

The next couple of months are set to be quite interesting from the footballing side to see who comes and goes.

Interesting?! Personally I find it horrific. It's like watching the slow death of a loved one.
  • We'll speak to several British managers and none of them will be willing to work under the constraints RD will impose. We will still not have a manager with just a couple of weeks of the seasons start. Roll in someone from Belgium we've never heard of. Anyone willing to bet against this scenario ?
  • If the club are making an approach for Wilder...6/1 on skybet not a bad bet?
  • If the club are making an approach for Wilder...6/1 on skybet not a bad bet?

He'll be keen until he hears how he has to work and will then tell us to do one.