Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Meire Speaks - Club Statement

Comments

• cafcfan said:

"start the rebuilding work immediately"

Except at the Training Ground apparently.....

Spot on
  • Guardian reports that Swansea are about to be bought for £100,000,000. That's 100 times what they were purchased for in 2002. And what division are they in Katrien? Perhaps if you want a lesson on what success is you should consult them.
  • edited April 2016
    The only statement there should have been from last night was her resignation. Im sure her mates at Tongue Tied Media could sort her a job or help her build her wonderful communication skills
  • Nothing to add. Too little too late. GO
  • You gotta love her really she has real balls to stay in the job and despite all the criticism some fair, some harsh - she hangs in there. Maybe the real reason she keeps her job each week is that the campaign to get her removed was so far over the top that Roland would see it an personal defeat to sack her. And who else can do the job?

Ok well done I'm going to bite.
    But only to correct you on it taking balls for her to stay in her job.
    Rubbish. It is breathtaking arrogance and because she could not get a similar position anywhere else unless Roland is in charge of it.
    So how about we just let the club talk utter cobblers and try not to add to the the nonsense by attempting to attribute their utter incompetence with some sort of steely determination?
  • I hope they are dreading Saturday
  • Can you give my congratulations to your boss. You and him managed to achieve relegation with a whopping three games to spare. We were deluded were we not. What right did we think that we could finish above the likes of Bristol, Huddersfield, Rotherham and possibly MK Dons. All mighty opposition.
    Looking forward to your future plans in anticipation.
    You and him are lucky that what you have achieved is not a criminal offence, because the pair of you would have deserved a life sentence. Most of us are feeling that we are serving that right now.
  • "Fuck off"

"Bitch"

"Go away and die"

"Cunts"

Classy guys and girls.......

• Sponsored links:

• So so gutted and she releases this lie! All I can keep thinking is bring on Saturday and the protest! Meire you ain't heard or seen nothing yet!! I cannot believe the pain her and RD's incompetence have inflicted on so many. Just resign you moron.
  • After laughing in incredulity I reread the marvellous offering from the delightful CEO.

It strikes me as a last vain attempt to get the undecided to buy a season ticket. But how does saying you will learn from your mistakes placate those that actually care about the club? Words are cheap, you have spouted lies and falsehoods for over two years now, correct actions are what is required.

Shame you have disenfranchised those that you require to make this club a success.
  • Bit of a shame that the rebuilding starts now. Wouldn't it it made sense to start planning in January or even March when it was clear the great escape wasn't possible. I am sure our brilliant scouting system is already on it. Honest....
  • Bit of a shame that the rebuilding starts now. Wouldn't it it made sense to start planning in January or even March when it was clear the great escape wasn't possible. I am sure our brilliant scouting system is already on it. Honest....

Well if they have learned anything since they have been here it means that they will be keeping the first team squad together and adding too that squad, employing a manager who knows how to get promoted, letting said manager make the decisions on purchases and who plays, letting the manager build a team to support him, employing professional advisers for the club on important areas like communication and leaving them to get on with it, getting rid of incompetent CEO.
    Put that in a memo and send it.
  • No way did the Smirking Chav write that.

Bring your tin hat on Saturday luv, you will probably need it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Can't disagree with a word on here........................yet season tickets are renewed in droves. Funny old world.

I can. I disagree with Belgiumbun and PL54. Can't stand WUM's. Sort of people you want to meet in a dark alley and ram their keyboards up their fannies.
    Yeah. I was ignoring them. Best way.
  • Somehow that statement is more frustrating than Roly's mad Leffe-fuelled post. At least that was hilarious and deranged. This is just more anodyne nonsense. No acceptance of the specific mistakes, just acceptance that there were some, which is just dodging responsibility. Add to that the same old shite about creating a team that can compete to get promoted, which is what we heard about our 'team that can challenge in the Championship and push for promotion to the Premier League'. Look where that got us. Hopefully that limp statement is because she's halfway out the door
  • You only need to look at her employment record, (she aint got one), to why we are relegated. God only knows how you can get a CEO job despite never ever doing anything remotely like it or connected with it before.
    Its was amazing we stayed up last season. If she had any aptitude for being a real CEO she would have made a better fist of it this term.
    She got the job because she is a female, a Belgium and friend of a senile old fool.
  • PL54 said:

"Fuck off"

"Bitch"

"Go away and die"

"Cunts"

Classy guys and girls.......

I wouldn't take it too personally.

it's just you have been winding up a few on here.
    Lame, even for a Wednesday morning but the ticklers will LOL it
  • All the right words, yet completely meaningless.

Far too little too late, sadly.
  • To be fair it's a well written, professional statement. However it is completely at odds with everything that's been happening at the club and therefore meaningless.

Mel wrote it before she left!
  • Rob7Lee said:

Worrying in my view in that statement is this:

our top priority is to put together a squad that can help Charlton Athletic get back into the Championship

So it'll be much of the same then, our current 'exec team' deciding what players to buy (or loan from another network club), that'll work then just like this year.......

Should read "... put together a management team who will assemble a squad that can help Charlton Athletic get back to the Championship."

This is the problem Katrin-although the timing is questionable, this statement actually reads okay (bar the line I changed above) but judgement will be based on actions not words. Your first should be to hire an experienced manager with his own team and control over transfers followed by retention of much of the current squad.

Sadly we all know that isn't going to happen as we will end up with one of Roland's dwindling number of network cronies and Roland, Katrin and the lap top boys will pick another substandard spreadsheet squad who, in their deluded minds will be good enough for a league which they know nothing about.
  • Stig said:

"Everyone at Charlton Athletic Football Club is deeply disappointed that we have been relegated from the Championship".

If you think that the 'disappointment' felt by you and Duchatelet's other drones can be compared to the feelings of genuine fans who have spent their lives following and supporting this club, then you are more deluded than I thought you were.

"This is not the time for excuses. We apologise for our mistakes and now need to learn from them so that we can put firm foundations in place for the future that ensure the long-term stability of the club".   

It's not a time for excuses, because there are no excuses. Your entire reasoning is fatally flawed. Your paymaster bought the wrong club, he didn't understand the league and he placed incompetents in charge. We now have to pay the price for that. Now is not the time for learning either. We've had two years in which you should have been learning and implementing that learning. Instead you just cocked everything up. There will be no long term future for the club if you and that deluded idiot you work for don't bugger off. There is no way that you could bring stability to the club, so don't waste your breath pretending.

"We all acknowledge that this is a difficult time for the club, but I and the club’s Senior Management Team will start the rebuilding work immediately. Our sole aim is to be fighting for promotion next season and our top priority is to put together a squad that can help Charlton Athletic get back into the Championship".

You really are a cretin aren't you!

"We would like to thank our fans for their support and continued loyalty both home and away this season, and we will communicate further plans for next season in the coming weeks and months. Our fans are integral to the success of this club and we want to work together with our supporters to make sure we move forward in our pursuit to return to the Championship".

'Our fans'!!!! You haven't got any fans. The club has fans. The team has fans. Certain players have fans. You do not, please do not flatter yourself by pretending that you do. Further plans. You've never communicated any plans. You've 'communicated' platitudes, vague wishes, smokescreens, untruths and downright lies. Never the slightest hint of a plan though – except when you accidentally let it slip about the player farm. As for what the fans are integral to, it's getting rid of you and your scummy employer. That's what we're integral to. 'In our pursuit to return to the Championship', what does that even mean?

Post of the Thread and there are some other very good ones on here.

It just beggars belief that they think this is acceptable. No real contrition and no hard actions set out, just platitudes.

To quote Cromwell "You have sat too long here for any good you have been doing. Depart, I say, and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go".
  • Fuck Off & Die you Useless sack of Shit.
  • we learned from our mistakes:

that's why we are here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016–17_Football_League_One