Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Meire Speaks - Club Statement

Comments

• edited April 2016

Don't let it get to you cabbles, Belgiumbun is a twat of the highest order. You have enough on your plate with relegation and dumping your bird.

All I can say is time is a good healer mate and we are here for you hun x :smile:

Corrected for you
  • She is earning I guess about 200k a year. Not bad money and certainly worth taking if all you have to do professionally is listen to the same faces taking the same old tired points. The abuse just cements her position

She is a trained lawyer and seems to have outlasted all the worse that has been thrown at her. Like Thatcher she is looking for her Falklands moment and I reckon next year she might get it. I am not happy about relegation but sometimes you have to fall to get up. As a Charlton fan I look forward to fighting back and not bitching all the time when things don't go or way.

Has someone actually got a reasonable alternative to Katrien or are we gonna keep on with the 'my dog could do better - rubbish.

Can someone remind me who was the CEO when we last got relegated to Div 1? I can't recall the level of abuse that time around - why the difference?

Is that you Mandy? If not are you for real, she made it personal for a start!
  • PL54 said:

"Fuck off"

"Bitch"

"Go away and die"

"Cunts"

Classy guys and girls.......

You'll have to do better than that on your CV.
  • She is earning I guess about 200k a year. Not bad money and certainly worth taking if all you have to do professionally is listen to the same faces taking the same old tired points. The abuse just cements her position

She is a trained lawyer and seems to have outlasted all the worse that has been thrown at her. Like Thatcher she is looking for her Falklands moment and I reckon next year she might get it. I am not happy about relegation but sometimes you have to fall to get up. As a Charlton fan I look forward to fighting back and not bitching all the time when things don't go or way.

Has someone actually got a reasonable alternative to Katrien or are we gonna keep on with the 'my dog could do better - rubbish.

Can someone remind me who was the CEO when we last got relegated to Div 1? I can't recall the level of abuse that time around - why the difference?

if you can't see the difference then there is no hope for you

You're looking forward to fighting back, and I would think every Charlton fan would agree with that.

What we disagree about are the ability of any of this regime to be able to fight back.

Based on the experience of what has happened so far.

• She is earning I guess about 200k a year.

Again you seem to be remarkably well informed!

• Oxford Coma? I would personally consider using a semi-colon thereby removing the need to use the word 'and' and reducing the character count by 3 while carrying the same level of meaning.

I'd also wipe all of belgiumbun's comments from my mind thereby freeing up space without losing anything other than a marginal irritation that trolls exist and we don't seem to have any appropriate compulsory counselling programmes.
  • An honest and inspirational statement from a true leader.
  • Oxford Coma? I would personally consider using a semi-colon thereby removing the need to use the word 'and' and reducing the character count by 3 while carrying the same level of meaning.

I'd also wipe all of belgiumbun's comments from my mind thereby freeing up space without losing anything other than a marginal irritation that trolls exist and we don't seem to have any appropriate compulsory counselling programmes.

went to Oxford on the lash once and ended up in one of them (nearly)

• Sponsored links:

• When Meire refers to putting "firm foundations in place for the future that ensure the long-term stability of the club", I suspect that is code for selling any player the club can get a fee for in order to reduce the losses that Duchâtelet has to bear. This is probably her more important Key Performance Indicator and, absent any football ambition, the only one that Roland is really interested in anyway.

If, as reported, work has ceased at Sparrow's Lane on the Academy upgrade, it's hard to see what "foundations" - firm or otherwise - she's talking about. Still, these hollow platitudes are not directed to us as supporters, less still designed to stand up to any critical scrutiny.
  • I hope what they mean by 'putting in firm foundations for the future stability of the club' is 'selling to the right buyer'

It's a shame we can't find out the IP address of where these posts are coming from..I wonder if the computer is located in SE7 or SE9?
  • I hope what they mean by 'putting in firm foundations for the future stability of the club' is 'selling to the right buyer'

Amen to that

It's a shame we can't find out the IP address of where these posts are coming from..I wonder if the computer is located in SE7 or SE9?
    already identified by @dickplumb couple of pages ago

• stonemuse said:

She is earning I guess about 200k a year. Not bad money and certainly worth taking if all you have to do professionally is listen to the same faces taking the same old tired points. The abuse just cements her position

already identified by @dickplumb couple of pages ago
    I missed that :smile:
  • If we left the personal abuse to one side for a moment. What is really bothering me, as I have said on more than one occasion, any CEO in any company, no matter what industry, who has presided over such a calamitous 2 years, would either have been removed by the 'Board' or had the decency to resign.
    I am not aware of any company, in recent times, that would allow a CEO (i.e. A day to day board member running a business) to remain in situ, especially after admitting they made mistakes and then didn't do anything about it!!
    There is incompetence from the very top in allowing the said person to keep making the same mistakes and doing nothing about it, but there is an even bigger incompetence at the top by actively endorsing the said person!!!
    RD is the organ grinder and KM his monkey, both now need to be 'moved on' to ply their trade elsewhere and a competent owner and CEO to take over. If there is no change then I fear this time next season we will have both feet in League 2.
    RD and KM have become the Gerald Ratner of the footballing world, but this time CAFC is the victim!!

RD keeps her there because she is easy to control. No self-respecting CEO would ever allow that to happen. The only good thing about this is that she has poisoned her CV for the foreseeable future.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sorry but why are you surprised? The bookies had us favourites to go down and we have.

The campaign as I mentioned before was flawed against Katrien. Too many cooks and all that. If personalities has not taken it upon themselves to speak on behalf of all Charlton fans had actually consulted all Charlton fans then a different and more subtle approach could have been taken earlier. It seems to me calling her a slag, bitch, c.nt etc played into her hands.

She is still employed because she showed the balls to stand up and take the abuse. I honestly don't see the point that some of you are making. If she had resigned are you suggesting we will have stayed up contrary to the bookies prediction?

I reckon she has offered to resign but Roland refused and told her to stand up to the fans earning his respect. Why some of you want to engage with the board is curious to me? Why? It's Roland's toy and he is not gonna let you play with it, iand all the beach balls in the world is not going to change that.

Hello Incorruptible, spouting rubbish again.

• JohnnyH2 said:

She is earning I guess about 200k a year. Not bad money and certainly worth taking if all you have to do professionally is listen to the same faces taking the same old tired points. The abuse just cements her position

Steve Waggott was CEO and he came in for tons of abuse
    I wonder who from

• @ElfsborgAddick who is this total clown?

Incorruptible Addick/Spouting rubbish on ITTV is your man.
  • boggzy said:

Wouldn't it be dreadful if she slipped on her morning commute to 'work' tomorrow and landed on the third rail. What an awful scenario.

That's an absolutely disgraceful thing to say, it could mess up the trains & make it difficult to get to work, perhaps if she travelled mid morning. Slip ? somebody push her.................................. no I didn't see a thing officer.

Incorruptible Addick/Spouting rubbish on ITTV is your man.
    ITTV...The Jeremy Kyle show of football forums...that explains it.
  • edited April 2016

As you know the point is not that they have failed. It is the manner in which they have done so plus a hell of a lot more.

Failure is an accepted part of football and in our case we have never been an established top tier club so we have had many downs. Like most fans I understand this as a huge part of being a football fan.

The abuse is solely attributed to the behaviour, conduct and total lack of respect for the club and fans.

Don't pretend the abuse and ill feeling is because we have been relegated- it started a long time before that.
  • PL54 said:

JohnnyH2 said:

Steve Waggott was CEO and he came in for tons of abuse
    I wonder who from

No need to wonder, Seth Plum (justifiably ) lead it, with good support from others. Wonder no more

if you can't see the difference then there is no hope for you
    He probably can't see the difference, because he wasn't around then.
  • edited April 2016

Sorry but why are you surprised? The bookies had us favourites to go down and we have.

The campaign as I mentioned before was flawed against Katrien. Too many cooks and all that. If personalities has not taken it upon themselves to speak on behalf of all Charlton fans had actually consulted all Charlton fans then a different and more subtle approach could have been taken earlier. It seems to me calling her a slag, bitch, c.nt etc played into her hands.

She is still employed because she showed the balls to stand up and take the abuse. I honestly don't see the point that some of you are making. If she had resigned are you suggesting we will have stayed up contrary to the bookies prediction?

I reckon she has offered to resign but Roland refused and told her to stand up to the fans earning his respect. Why some of you want to engage with the board is curious to me? Why? It's Roland's toy and he is not gonna let you play with it, iand all the beach balls in the world is not going to change that.

So on this day of all days you are still trying to get us to admire Katrien in some way, are you? Admire her balls of steel or some such rubbish?
    What about her ineptitude, her appalling lack of integrity, her absence of effective communication skills with her " customers"?
    Oh and this disastrous unnecessary relegation on her watch?
    Tell us all how we are supposed to admire all that, spin those inadequacies to enlighten us.
    You see, you are asking us to admire something which is completely irrelevant to this woman's ability to be effective at her role at the club. Balls of steel are useless if you are crap at your job.
    Your points, with respect, are totally stupid.
    But you bang on with your vision, and I will happily ignore you from now on, whoever you are ;-)