Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Meire Speaks - Club Statement

Comments

• edited April 2016
    She still doesn't get it. The protests on Saturday should be aimed at her directly.

Plus the only "firm foundation" that I was to see Katrien, is you and rolling packing your bags, and getting the hell out of our club!
  • Hate is a very strong word and one that I don't use lightly against another person but that woman is in my top one.

Anyone with a half brain cell would have resigned by now from this basket case of a football club. Maybe she was hypnotisted by the eccentric rant 3 years ago and refuses to release her from the spell.

Her mental state of mind must be scrambled. Leave before you end up in a mental institution.
  • edited April 2016
    shirty5 said:

Her mental state of mind must be scrambled. Leave before you end up in a mental institution.

Don't think there are any positions at the rusty tool box.

There's no way she has written that statement, it has the word "fans" in it a couple of times.
  • "Fighting for" promotion is a nothing statement. Every bloody team does that by virtue of the fact that they all start as joint 'top' of the league on day 1, play the same number of games against the same teams with the same number of players using the same rules and with the same point total capabilities. Huh!?
  • Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah ..... Same old crap, different day. For those of you who have bought ST's for next season, it's not too late to get your money back. The protest goes on. The boycott starts after the Burnley match #DuchateletOUT #MeireOUT #MurrayOUT #WeWantOURCharltonBack
  • Chunes: she was referring to the 2% buddy! ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• How's your "Roland does not do failure" statement looking this morning Katrien?
  • I have renewed our 3 x season tickets because I fully expect to go to every home game next season. It saves us money overall and limits what I put in the owner's pocket. Nothing has changed for me.
  • The (non-Roland) statements always feel so templated and guarded. That's why they don't convince anyone - take out a few specific names and nouns and they could be referring to any club or even company.

How about a little personality? For once, just speak directly to the fans with a little humanity, and give us an honest self-appraisal. Even bloody Vincent Tan has done that.

• Is it weird {...} meaning unique, that l laughed manically whilst reading this statement?
  • edited April 2016
    So completely and utterly deluded. I would love to ask her the following:

1. How many moons go around your planet?
    2. Is there oxygen there or do you need breathing support?
    3. Are all residents devoid of any emotional intelligence, common sense, integrity and a grasp on reality?
    4. Are all residents also very stupid, inept and incompetent?

Answers welcome. Please send to Charlton Life, planet Earth.
  • Sponsored links:

• We want actions not words. Get out of our club.
  • edited April 2016
    The future of Charlton with Roland Katrien and Tony in charge is now the triumph of experience over hope.
    We will sink with them at the helm.
    Let the facts speak for themselves since they have taken over. That's all we need to attend to. There is no need for a club statement. The words are hollow, as they have always been with this lot, because they don't ever match the actions.
    Our experience of the Roland regime kills all hope that it will change improve or listen.
  • Rob7Lee said:

Worrying in my view in that statement is this:

our top priority is to put together a squad that can help Charlton Athletic get back into the Championship

So it'll be much of the same then, our current 'exec team' deciding what players to buy (or loan from another network club), that'll work then just like this year.......

Exactly. If Roland thought a mish mash of unwanted players from around the network would be good enough for the championship, then i can't begin to imagine the dross we'll have playing next season on an even lower budget.
  • Patronising bollocks
  • You gotta love her really she has real balls to stay in the job and despite all the criticism some fair, some harsh - she hangs in there. Maybe the real reason she keeps her job each week is that the campaign to get her removed was so far over the top that Roland would see it an personal defeat to sack her. And who else can do the job?

Barry Hearn's dog could. He's already shown up the LLDC.

• Stig said:

"Everyone at Charlton Athletic Football Club is deeply disappointed that we have been relegated from the Championship".

If you think that the 'disappointment' felt by you and Duchatelet's other drones can be compared to the feelings of genuine fans who have spent their lives following and supporting this club, then you are more deluded than I thought you were.

"This is not the time for excuses. We apologise for our mistakes and now need to learn from them so that we can put firm foundations in place for the future that ensure the long-term stability of the club".   

It's not a time for excuses, because there are no excuses. Your entire reasoning is fatally flawed. Your paymaster bought the wrong club, he didn't understand the league and he placed incompetents in charge. We now have to pay the price for that. Now is not the time for learning either. We've had two years in which you should have been learning and implementing that learning. Instead you just cocked everything up. There will be no long term future for the club if you and that deluded idiot you work for don't bugger off. There is no way that you could bring stability to the club, so don't waste your breath pretending.

"We all acknowledge that this is a difficult time for the club, but I and the club’s Senior Management Team will start the rebuilding work immediately. Our sole aim is to be fighting for promotion next season and our top priority is to put together a squad that can help Charlton Athletic get back into the Championship".

You really are a cretin aren't you!

"We would like to thank our fans for their support and continued loyalty both home and away this season, and we will communicate further plans for next season in the coming weeks and months. Our fans are integral to the success of this club and we want to work together with our supporters to make sure we move forward in our pursuit to return to the Championship".

'Our fans'!!!! You haven't got any fans. The club has fans. The team has fans. Certain players have fans. You do not, please do not flatter yourself by pretending that you do. Further plans. You've never communicated any plans. You've 'communicated' platitudes, vague wishes, smokescreens, untruths and downright lies. Never the slightest hint of a plan though – except when you accidentally let it slip about the player farm. As for what the fans are integral to, it's getting rid of you and your scummy employer. That's what we're integral to. 'In our pursuit to return to the Championship', what does that even mean?

This is absolutely spot on....its so good I thought it should be quoted .
  • vffvff
    edited April 2016
    cafcfan said:

Stig said:

أعزائي،
    وبعد وقت رائع . لقد كنت الغوص، و ركوب الجمال و سمعت بعض الأصوات مجنونة على منزل في مسرح دبي . آسف لسماع النادي الخاص بك قليلا ذهب إلى أسفل. لا يهم، إيه ؟ هناك دائما في الموسم المقبل .
    أقحوان

Oh shit, GCHQ will be monitoring the site now....
    I think we will be alright there @cafcfan. Its just a holiday postcard from our tanned and lovely CEO.

GCHQ may have a few Charlton supporting staff, you never know and they may be monitoring the site for that reason. Yes boss, I am actual working, this Charlton Life site is dangerous.....
    -------
    @Stig

عزائي،
    وبعد وقت رائع . لقد كنت الغوص، و ركوب الجمال و سمعت بعض الأصوات مجنونة على منزل في مسرح دبي . آسف لسماع النادي الخاص بك قليلا ذهب إلى أسفل. لا يهم، إيه ؟ هناك دائما في الموسم المقبل .
    أقحوان

Translation

Consolation,
    After a terrific time. I've been diving, camel riding and I heard some sounds crazy at a house in Dubai Theater. Sorry to hear your club slightly went down. It does not matter, eh? There's always next season.
    chrysanthemum

---