Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Meire Speaks - Club Statement

Comments

• edited April 2016

You gotta love her really she has real balls to stay in the job and despite all the criticism some fair, some harsh - she hangs in there. Maybe the real reason she keeps her job each week is that the campaign to get her removed was so far over the top that Roland would see it an personal defeat to sack her. And who else can do the job?

Or maybe he hangs in there because:

1. She is cheap (comparatively)
    2. She does as she is told
    3. She lies for the owner
    4. She believes all the bullshit he feeds her about his cunning strategy

Who else can do the job? A fookin monkey would make a better fist of it than that lying cow.
  • It does appear that KM or her stand in is going through the minimum of PR requirements for a wider public.

The supporters themselves have been left out. She doesn't understand and never will. She may have a sterotypical foreigners view of football supporters as being thick hoodlums. She only mixes with 'naice' people and, it would seem, loses little opportunity to decry the hooligans to the inner circle.

She is both incompetent and a liar of surprising proportions, but please remember that you were virtually all won over by the oozing of feminine charm at the outset. She is still doleing the ooze out to those around her, but it is clearly losing its appeal. Keep up the pressure, you have been simply outstanding.

The vast majority of their statements recently have been for the media rather than the fans. They know that there is little they can say to appease us. Only a statement regarding their exit will be met with any kind of approval.
  • You gotta love her really she has real balls to stay in the job and despite all the criticism some fair, some harsh - she hangs in there. Maybe the real reason she keeps her job each week is that the campaign to get her removed was so far over the top that Roland would see it an personal defeat to sack her. And who else can do the job?

Who else can do the job?
    Lots of assumptions there. For a start if she does anything, it is to fire off a few texts every couple of days.
    That's it.
    She takes loads of holidays, and turns up to swan around the Valley way later than everybody else, and bogs off early every day as far as I can tell.
    She does no work, she does no job.
    So to answer your question virtually anybody else can do the job she does. Not everybody can be CEO of Charlton.
    Katrien strikes me as one of the laziest idlers ever to hang around The Valley.

I believe her example of bone idleness probably spreads throughout the club. Tony Keohane has also achieved absolutely nothing, nothing beyond shouting at junior members of staff to film protestors.

As for this so called statement.

Staff at the club don't give a damn about our relegation, and will do nothing in the future under this regime.

Roland has suffered a defeat with our relegation and he doesn't give a damn either.
  • She drafted that whilst laying on her sun lounger in Dubai......
  • Sponsored links:

• Fucking do one... Hope card has something massive planned for Saturday. Let's give em hell!
  • She has to be given a hell of ride on Saturday, if only to show her that nothing will win us round. No obscenities, sexism or violence, but aside from that, pretty much anything goes. We need to drive her out even if she does have the hide of a hippopotamus.
  • Accept it - she has the balls to do the job (whatever that is) and not resign - she has won.
    She has won? what a strange thing to say. She has overseen this whole debacle. I can't see her getting another job, excluding serving up hotdogs outside Starpax, for many years after see leaves. She is a toxic brand.
  • Let's face facts - she did not kick a ball all season. She is a puppet of the regime. The campaign against her was counterproductive and instead of a nice side ways shuffle out the door, Roland has gallantly kept her in the job, because as he sees it badly dressed and overweight middle aged English men screaming abuse at her, has just strengthened her resolve and that of her master to keep her. Seems obvious to me.

Accept it - she has the balls to do the job (whatever that is) and not resign - she has won.

I wonder how she would score on the 'would ya' thread now.

Total rubbish. You should work for Katrien, you seem to have similar abilities to spout complete nonsense.
    You are trying to divert blame for this complete shambles.
    Nice try. But a fail. Again. You lot make a habit of it don't you?
  • So, 'deeply disappointed' is how she describes relegation. It's good to know how much this has affected her then. As regards rebuilding, how can you rebuild something that you,yourself, have completely destroyed. One would assume that this statement was pre-written, if so, was this the best she could come up with? (I know the answer to that question already). Could you not have done one decent thing and issued a statement that admitted total responsibility for the position you have left us in? Again, I know the answer to that one too.

By the way, Katrien, ever heard the expression 'the buck stops here'?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaM-prl6IYQ
  • 3blokes said:

Let's face facts - she did not kick a ball all season. She is a puppet of the regime. The campaign against her was counterproductive and instead of a nice side ways shuffle out the door, Roland has gallantly kept her in the job, because as he sees it badly dressed and overweight middle aged English men screaming abuse at her, has just strengthened her resolve and that of her master to keep her. Seems obvious to me.

Accept it - she has the balls to do the job (whatever that is) and not resign - she has won.

Total rubbish. You should work for Katrien, you seem to have similar abilities to spout complete nonsense.
    You are trying to divert blame for this complete shambles.
    Nice try. But a fail. Again. You lot make a habit of it don't you?
    He clearly does. Check his other posts, it's all pro-regime propaganda.

• Ridiculous, pointless, empty statement but I expected no less.

This statement, combined with the players reaction after the game last night, has turned my acceptance of relegation a couple of months ago into anger. They just don't get it.

They're probably bracing themselves for a shitstorm on Saturday, but if you're reading this Pinocchio, Ballbags or Murray, rest assured it will continue from there. There will be no respite, no hiding and it's not going to end until you all get out of our club.
  • Sponsored links:

• As I have said many times, I don't want Katrien to go. She is not the real problem: Roland is!
    If she were to resign or be sacked she would only be replaced by another, almost certainly Belgian, lickspittle. The danger would be that the next incumbent might appear more competent but would still be doing Roland's bidding. Katrien's incompetence allows us to see the dark heart of this regime. Her statement is an example of this; a pathetic melange of faux excuses and apologies.

We need to devote our energies to getting rid of Roland. When he goes, the lap dogs will follow.

• Let's face facts - she did not kick a ball all season. She is a puppet of the regime. The campaign against her was counterproductive and instead of a nice side ways shuffle out the door, Roland has gallantly kept her in the job, because as he sees it badly dressed and overweight middle aged English men screaming abuse at her, has just strengthened her resolve and that of her master to keep her. Seems obvious to me.

One of the few things as pathetic as the way the club is run is the handful - we know who they are - who post on here just to annoy people. Sometimes they are funny but this individual is not, especially today.
  • You gotta love her really she has real balls to stay in the job and despite all the criticism some fair, some harsh - she hangs in there. Maybe the real reason she keeps her job each week is that the campaign to get her removed was so far over the top that Roland would see it an personal defeat to sack her. And who else can do the job?

Lol, fuck off.,

harsh

Impressed you climbed down far enough out of her arse to type this Richard.
    One hand touch typist, clearly
  • Charlton Chief Executive Katrien Meire has issued the following statement following the club's relegation to League One

Everyone at Charlton Athletic Football Club is deeply disappointed that we have been relegated from the Championship.

This is not the time for excuses. We apologise for our mistakes and now need to learn from them so that we can put firm foundations in place for the future that ensure the long-term stability of the club.

We all acknowledge that this is a difficult time for the club, but I and the club’s Senior Management Team will start the rebuilding work immediately. Our sole aim is to be fighting for promotion next season and our top priority is to put together a squad that can help Charlton Athletic get back into the Championship.

We would like to thank our fans for their support and continued loyalty both home and away this season, and we will communicate further plans for next season in the coming weeks and months. Our fans are integral to the success of this club and we want to work together with our supporters to make sure we move forward in our pursuit to return to the Championship.

Is the comma before and the correct grammar to have used?
    It doesn't feel right and is annoying me...