Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Meire Speaks - Club Statement

Comments

• The rest of the statement has been torn to shreds already.

I don't think there's any more to say, it is disappointing and frustrating that they still don't get it.

They say they made mistakes and need to learn from them. I doubt the mistakes they speak of are the same as those we see.
  • I think this is another opportunity for the spell it out in black and white campaign. Can we get KM to tell us what she is going to do in the next year so that we can tick them off? I doubt if she will take up the challenge but it would be an opportunity to back up her claims that there will be an attempt to get things right
  • I think this is another opportunity for the spell it out in black and white campaign. Can we get KM to tell us what she is going to do in the next year so that we can tick them off? I doubt if she will take up the challenge but it would be an opportunity to back up her claims that there will be an attempt to get things right

do you really want another of her GCSE level powerpoint presentations?

First day at school?
  • edited April 2016
    do you really want another of her GCSE level powerpoint presentations?
    Gives another chance for that black and white top of hers an airing
  • edited April 2016

Let's face facts - she did not kick a ball all season. She is a puppet of the regime. The campaign against her was counterproductive and instead of a nice side ways shuffle out the door, Roland has gallantly kept her in the job, because as he sees it badly dressed and overweight middle aged English men screaming abuse at her, has just strengthened her resolve and that of her master to keep her. Seems obvious to me.

Accept it - she has the balls to do the job (whatever that is) and not resign - she has won.

I wonder how she would score on the 'would ya' thread now.

Mate, she's not even allowed to talk directly with the fans anymore! Either that or she's too cowardly to talk to them, either way - her communications since the protests began have been close to none. That hardly demonstrates a strengthened resolve.

As for the comment about badly-dressed, overweight, middle-aged English men - quite clearly you haven't been at The Valley this season during the protests. One of the best things has been the cross section of supporters involved; from young teenage lads to older women - and everything in between.

By the way, with regards to your last a point: a solid 7.5/10 I reckon, so it would still be a "Yes". Unfortunately her gender nor her looks are relevant to the her ability to act as a competent CEO, so perhaps you should rethink your post a little.
  • Don't let it get to you cabbles, Belgiumbun is a twat of the highest order. You have enough on your plate with relegation and dumping your bird.

All I can say is time is a good healer mate and we are here for you :smile:
  • Fiiish said:

Dazzler21 said:

Charlton Chief Executive Katrien Meire has issued the following statement following the club's relegation to League One

Everyone at Charlton Athletic Football Club is deeply disappointed that we have been relegated from the Championship.

This is not the time for excuses. We apologise for our mistakes and now need to learn from them so that we can put firm foundations in place for the future that ensure the long-term stability of the club.

We all acknowledge that this is a difficult time for the club, but I and the club’s Senior Management Team will start the rebuilding work immediately. Our sole aim is to be fighting for promotion next season and our top priority is to put together a squad that can help Charlton Athletic get back into the Championship.

We would like to thank our fans for their support and continued loyalty both home and away this season, and we will communicate further plans for next season in the coming weeks and months. Our fans are integral to the success of this club and we want to work together with our supporters to make sure we move forward in our pursuit to return to the Championship.

Is the comma before and the correct grammar to have used?
    It doesn't feel right and is annoying me...

Yes that's definitely the worst thing about this statement.
    Well it is because it will get us grammar nazis debating the Oxford comma...
  • Sponsored links:

• Sorry but why are you surprised? The bookies had us favourites to go down and we have.

The campaign as I mentioned before was flawed against Katrien. Too many cooks and all that. If personalities has not taken it upon themselves to speak on behalf of all Charlton fans had actually consulted all Charlton fans then a different and more subtle approach could have been taken earlier. It seems to me calling her a slag, bitch, c.nt etc played into her hands.

She is still employed because she showed the balls to stand up and take the abuse. I honestly don't see the point that some of you are making. If she had resigned are you suggesting we will have stayed up contrary to the bookies prediction?

I reckon she has offered to resign but Roland refused and told her to stand up to the fans earning his respect. Why some of you want to engage with the board is curious to me? Why? It's Roland's toy and he is not gonna let you play with it, iand all the beach balls in the world is not going to change that.

He just doesn't get it..does he...bless :smiley:
  • It's always useful to engage in some displacement activity to take your mind off major disappointments like the current state of our club, but is that actually an Oxford comma in the normal sense of the term?
  • In the words of Vampire Weekend......."who gives a fuck about an Oxford comma?"
  • Sevensix said:

It's always useful to engage in some displacement activity to take your mind off major disappointments like the current state of our club, but is that actually an Oxford comma in the normal sense of the term?

No, strictly speaking I think an Oxford comma only relates to lists, whereas the comma is being used to join two independent clauses. I think grammatically speaking it is fine at it is currently written.

We tackle the important issues here on CL...
  • If she had resigned after the KF disaster then we would have still gone down of course, but that's not the point. Her "planning" and decisions helped get into this mess, she now is saying she is coming up with another plan to get us back up, i've never heard such nonsense.

If you fuck up so badly to stunt a decent club in the championships growth and help get them relegated, how on Earth can you still have such a high role within the club and even moreso expect backing and support from those around you for your new 'plan'.

Look at how successful clubs are run (us in 90s/early 00's) and which bit of it have they copied to try and emulate football league success?

What a crock of shit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sorry but why are you surprised? The bookies had us favourites to go down and we have.

The campaign as I mentioned before was flawed against Katrien. Too many cooks and all that. If personalities has not taken it upon themselves to speak on behalf of all Charlton fans had actually consulted all Charlton fans then a different and more subtle approach could have been taken earlier. It seems to me calling her a slag, bitch, c.nt etc played into her hands.

She is still employed because she showed the balls to stand up and take the abuse. I honestly don't see the point that some of you are making. If she had resigned are you suggesting we will have stayed up contrary to the bookies prediction?

I reckon she has offered to resign but Roland refused and told her to stand up to the fans earning his respect. Why some of you want to engage with the board is curious to me? Why? It's Roland's toy and he is not gonna let you play with it, iand all the beach balls in the world is not going to change that.

Come on, you mean if they had consulted 'you' don't you ...you're just pissed off that you were not personally involved.

Poor you :smile:

• I reckon she has offered to resign but Roland refused

Why do you reckon this? Do you have a good source?

• Please can someone wake me up when its all over.
  • She is earning I guess about 200k a year. Not bad money and certainly worth taking if all you have to do professionally is listen to the same faces taking the same old tired points. The abuse just cements her position

She is a trained lawyer and seems to have outlasted all the worse that has been thrown at her. Like Thatcher she is looking for her Falklands moment and I reckon next year she might get it. I am not happy about relegation but sometimes you have to fall to get up. As a Charlton fan I look forward to fighting back and not bitching all the time when things don't go or way.

Has someone actually got a reasonable alternative to Katrien or are we gonna keep on with the 'my dog could do better - rubbish.

Can someone remind me who was the CEO when we last got relegated to Div 1? I can't recall the level of abuse that time around - why the difference?

ohhh poor lamb ... he's still trying :smiley:
  • Fiiish said:

rikofold said:

Fiiish said:

Dazzler21 said:

Charlton Chief Executive Katrien Meire has issued the following statement following the club's relegation to League One

Everyone at Charlton Athletic Football Club is deeply disappointed that we have been relegated from the Championship.

This is not the time for excuses. We apologise for our mistakes and now need to learn from them so that we can put firm foundations in place for the future that ensure the long-term stability of the club.

We all acknowledge that this is a difficult time for the club, but I and the club’s Senior Management Team will start the rebuilding work immediately. Our sole aim is to be fighting for promotion next season and our top priority is to put together a squad that can help Charlton Athletic get back into the Championship.

We would like to thank our fans for their support and continued loyalty both home and away this season, and we will communicate further plans for next season in the coming weeks and months. Our fans are integral to the success of this club and we want to work together with our supporters to make sure we move forward in our pursuit to return to the Championship.

Is the comma before and the correct grammar to have used?
    It doesn't feel right and is annoying me...

Yes that's definitely the worst thing about this statement.
    Well it is because it will get us grammar nazis debating the Oxford comma...
    Oxford Comma? Is that who we will be playing in 3 seasons time in the National League?
    Yes and here's a photo of the team bus

• "Our sole aim is to be fighting for promotion next season and our top priority is to put together a squad that can help Charlton Athletic get back into the Championship."

Just because you aim for something doesn't mean it's going to happen you deluded prick. You have to back-up the aim with action. I thought your aim this season was to be a stable Championship club with Premiership ambitions, how's that working out? Jesus wept.

Do you think if I aim for something it will just happen? I aim to be a 10 foot half leprechaun, half unicorn with the command of 8 languages and the strength of a thousand men. I'll let you know next week how that is going.
  • boggzy said:

Wouldn't it be dreadful if she slipped on her morning commute to 'work' tomorrow and landed on the third rail. What an awful scenario.

I wouldn't wish death on any normal human being. So fingers crossed the 3rd rail did its job.
  • She is earning I guess about 200k a year. Not bad money and certainly worth taking if all you have to do professionally is listen to the same faces taking the same old tired points. The abuse just cements her position

She is a trained lawyer and seems to have outlasted all the worse that has been thrown at her. Like Thatcher she is looking for her Falklands moment and I reckon next year she might get it. I am not happy about relegation but sometimes you have to fall to get up. As a Charlton fan I look forward to fighting back and not bitching all the time when things don't go or way.

Has someone actually got a reasonable alternative to Katrien or are we gonna keep on with the 'my dog could do better - rubbish.

Can someone remind me who was the CEO when we last got relegated to Div 1? I can't recall the level of abuse that time around - why the difference?

Steve Waggott was CEO and he came in for tons of abuse