Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Meire Speaks - Club Statement

Comments

• A week in Dubai and that's the best she can do?
  • Words are cheap though. What else did everyone expect her to say. More blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.
  • Fairly standard PR speak.

It doesn't bother me to be honest, it's what all clubs stick out on these occasions.

Pretty poor to whack it out within the hour of the loss while the wound is still fresh. Also lines like this is no time for excuses, without any real reasonings or acceptance of what they have done - is patronising. Anyway, could pick holes in everything this regime does - pointless though in essence. We should use our energies thinking ways to embarrass those who are embarrassing us, and getting them from our Club.
    But then there's another thread here from earlier "You would have thought the pathetic cowards would say something", so whether you issue the statement now or tomorrow, someone won't be happy

Nobody realistically would expect KM and RD to suddenly have a road to Damascus moment, and say so on the OS, it just isn't going to happen. Even if they realise they've completely screwed up, I'm not expecting anything other than a bland apology.

All I care about is that new owners can come in and rectify the mess.
  • edited April 2016
    Rob7Lee said:

Shouldn't the corner flag be at half mast?

As much as I hate this regime with a passion for what they have brought this great club to, no statement we'd have been bemoaning the lack of, any statement was never going to wash. So doomed either way, but then I think thats because we've all had enough and the only news we want to hear is of a sale to people who know what they are doing.

I don't blame them for issuing it, and it actually says exactly what you'd expect but actions speak louder than words and their actions speak for themselves throughout the club and not just the results on the pitch.

This. It's nice that they've finally figured how to put out a proper statement.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2016
    Too little, much too late. Probably written weeks ago and just waiting for someone to hit the send button when the inevitable was confirmed. Insincere bullshit. In the name of God, go.
  • Seriously, what did you expect her to say? I actually spoke to her before the Sheff Weds game and told her - politely I might add - that if things didn't change we would be relegated, I take little satisfaction to be proved right. She said they knew the problems and knew the solutions. So basically she lied.
  • Sell the club, and fuck off home.
  • We have to let her know on Saturday what we think. For one match make the protests about her and not Roland. Assuming she's not booked a spa weekend or another much-needed holiday instead.
  • How was old flaggy held up, there's no flag pole?
  • Certain KM did not write that herself. Smacks of PR consultant.

Have it on good authority on Twitter that KM thinks it is appropriate to negotiate with players by text.

Judgment, you say?
  • Sponsored links:

• How is a lawyer qualified to run a professional football club?
  • How is a lawyer qualified to run a professional football club?

We are no longer a professional football club so it's fine.

The students run the show now. The students pick the team.
  • Certain KM did not write that herself. Smacks of PR consultant.

Have it on good authority on Twitter that KM thinks it is appropriate to negotiate with players by text.

Judgment, you say?

Am I the only person to have seen the portrayal of Rebecca Brooks in the Comic Strip 'Red Top'?
    Katrien reminds me of that, except the Comic Strip is more true to life.

Katrien would of course do it by text and snap Facebook tweets and the like. House music ya? She is so so modern and texts save the planet anyway.

• Just pausing for a minute to consider what she says here . . . which ones of her senior management team, including herself, would be any more use than the proverbial chocolate teapot in getting Charlton out of League One?

We have no functioning football management set-up above or alongside Riga, whose comments suggests he won't be here. Even if Mandy, Tony and David Joyes were great at their jobs, they have sod-all to do with performances on the field. It's completely vacuous.

Presumably she will use recruitment agencies.
  • edited April 2016
    I have just read the statement. So please fuckoof sell are club and get the fookout of our club