Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Where were you when we walked out?

Comments

• I don't buy "I stayed for the good of the team", if the score line had been reversed I'm not sure as many would have selflessly stood by the team in their hour of need...

Only times I leave early are the evening matches (regardless if we're winning) as if I get caught in the crowds I wont get back to Strood until nearly 11pm (instead of 10:30pm), I then struggle to get a parking spot down my road because everyone parks like a prick which leaves me exhausted the next morning.

Usually I'll leave my seat down the front as the board goes up and stand up out the way by the exit until the full time whistle goes
    Reckon you might be able to stay in your seat until the end of midweek games next season @ForeverAddickted
  • To 'walk/not walk' had troubled me for days. Had the same thought process as DONVANVLIET. After 54 years supporting Charlton & only 'walking' once, knew I had to stay if we were drawing or winning by 1 or 2 goals.

I respect those who made the sacrifice of walking early, - your principals do you great credit. However if we start attacking one another, instead of 2chalets, then he is on the way to winning the argument.

Together we will eventually prevail.

PS; Thought the whole event was excellent, especially the passion of the chanting 'Get out of our club'. Congratulations again to the CARD organizers.
  • SE7toSG3 said:

starting the "two - Nil and we still protest" song in the car park.

Felt sorry for @SE7toSG3 who gathered up the "Roland and Katrien Time to Go" banner that was being passed around so we could take it outside and got boo'ed by the covered end. They didn't realise the reason but it was at the front of the protests again.

Blimey I didn't realise that was me getting boo'ed I thought it was the time being taken off the screen, if I had known I would have taken my shoe off and offered the entire covered end out like the west stand geezer on the stairwell!
    Who was that guy on the stairs. He was all Jean Claude Van Dam at the top of the stairs. He ran down and then changed his mind.
  • Blimey you have good eyesight ricky, or is your workmate the number 27 for Boro?

'Colleague' and I use that word loosely Mike - he's not a mate - I think he might end up wanting to put me in the coffin, or he will do if I continue to be childish and do things like writing 'Roland's Mug' on a post it note and stick it on his cup at work.
    It's this kind of friendly-not-so-friendly office banter that sometimes ends in workplace shootings in my country. Glad you lot can keep it to photos and post-its.
  • edited March 2016

SE7toSG3 said:

starting the "two - Nil and we still protest" song in the car park.

Felt sorry for @SE7toSG3 who gathered up the "Roland and Katrien Time to Go" banner that was being passed around so we could take it outside and got boo'ed by the covered end. They didn't realise the reason but it was at the front of the protests again.

Who was that guy on the stairs. He was all Jean Claude Van Dam at the top of the stairs. He ran down and then changed his mind.
    To be fair to him he had been watching and joining in for ages before someone started on him, it was comical that he struggled to put his show back on whilst his mum? Was trying to calm him down. Passions were high and I think he was pissed at being accused as pro regime
  • I don't buy "I stayed for the good of the team", if the score line had been reversed I'm not sure as many would have selflessly stood by the team in their hour of need...

Only times I leave early are the evening matches (regardless if we're winning) as if I get caught in the crowds I wont get back to Strood until nearly 11pm (instead of 10:30pm), I then struggle to get a parking spot down my road because everyone parks like a prick which leaves me exhausted the next morning.

Usually I'll leave my seat down the front as the board goes up and stand up out the way by the exit until the full time whistle goes
    So you don't leave early then ?
  • shirty5 said:

If anyone thought the Walkout was a waste of time yesterday then look at the Covered End before and after the 74th minute.imageimage

@colin1961 said 98% didn't walk out didn't he?
    He did. But he talks shite.
  • SDAddick said:

Blimey you have good eyesight ricky, or is your workmate the number 27 for Boro?

'Colleague' and I use that word loosely Mike - he's not a mate - I think he might end up wanting to put me in the coffin, or he will do if I continue to be childish and do things like writing 'Roland's Mug' on a post it note and stick it on his cup at work.
    It's this kind of friendly-not-so-friendly office banter that sometimes ends in workplace shootings in my country. Glad you lot can keep it to photos and post-its.
    It's more civilised here, we don't shoot at charlton these days
  • Sponsored links:

• Each to their own but I just can't believe people think their continued attendance would have any affect on the teams performance.

It has been proven for years and years an years that numbers and/or vocal support really don't have any affect. If they did the clubs with the largest/most vocal home support would always win at home and visa versa away.

Look at all the operation away days for us where the team have not turned up.

"I had to stay because the team needed my/our support to get them over the line" Really??? Just admit you wanted to see the game and that is more important to you than the future of the club.

We left on 74 and was glad to see several hundred more had done the same.

Totally agree
  • 3blokes said:

JiMMy 85 said:

I fully intended to walk out. It wasn't a debate for me, it had to be done. But... I was in a new seat, where I found myself sitting next to two very pleasant young ladies whom I chatted to all game, and when they decided not to walk out... well let's just say my priorities had changed by that point. Sorry!

Protesting is more important than a threesome!
    Ha ha at the point when they said they weren't going out on the 74th minute, you should have looked at them coldly and said: " Well,it could have been great between us,but you two have just fucked the chance of the best 15 seconds of your life. "
    And then you should have walked out proudly, leaving them trailing in your wake:-)
    ( Ha ha tough call Jimmy, in my youth I would have probably stayed too!)

You're only as old as the woman you feel!
  • Dansk_Red said:

Driving down MI on way home from Crufts,

Where is Crufts?
  • edited March 2016

Maintained my "stay away" boycott and missed the game as usual. Have not got Sky so did not watch at home either.

Fuck em #notapennymore

I find that sad when there are 4000 season tickets not being used.
    so you could have protested for free.

There was a fantastic noise considering how few people were in the ground.

"We Want Roland out, We want Roland Out"

Proud of every one who joined in..
  • Simply I am against the regime and felt the 74 minute walk out (goals conceded) was against the team, which I am not. Only my feelings and understand and respect the feelings and opinion of others. Also it's a long drive from Somerset to leave after 74minutes especially when winning. GreAt work to deliver a message in a decent way. I am very much against the whistles in the crowd as effectively that makes us cheats?
  • Sponsored links:

• I have stayed very quiet up until now, but...

Those who know, know I am a reasonably regular poster on this forum.

However, I have been absent for a while on here, (MK Dons was my first game in over a month) for a very simple reason. My granddaughter, Skye, was in GOSH in intensive care after contracting Swine Flu, which led to pneumonia, and collapsed lungs.

For 4 weeks, it was touch and go. Me, my daughter (her mum), her Grandmother and certain close family and friends were basically on a 24 hour a day vigil, by her side, crossing everything (including our eyes), that she would pull through.

For the purpose of this thread, whether she did or not is irrelevant.

You are all sniping at those with opposing views to your own. "You should have walked out!" "No, you shouldn't!"

My point is this. It's a f***ing game of football. Will anybody die if we lose, and get relegated? I don't think so. What will happen if we escape relegation? In the end, what difference does it make? Does it matter to me who owns Charlton Athletic? Compared to the last month of my life, I couldn't give a flying f...

My point is, if you can't see the bigger picture, folks, you really need to find something more important to expend your energy on...

It may not matter for the sake of the post, but I genuinely hope your granddaughter pulled through and is doing better.

One of the things that is pretty universally disliked about RD and KM is their complete lack of desire to have meaningful dialogue with the fans in a manner which provides for a diversity of opinion. How can we then turn on each other for having differing opinions? We are the populous, the masses, the heart and soul of the club. We are better than such squabbles.

Congratulations to everyone who took part on Sunday, in whatever way they felt appropriate. I am proud to stand with all of you.
  • First time I have left early since I started going in 1974. I didn't want to as the game was going our way and the players were really putting a shift in, nor did my kids who were both enjoying the protests as well as the football (they have generally started whingeing to leave at half-time this season!). Nonetheless I felt it was the right thing to do.
    We were in the East stand block B and there were dozens leaving with us. We also had a great view of the queues building up to exit the covered end (somewhat more than 2% Colin). Snidey (but expected) of the club to put the pitch invasion warning up on the screen so we couldn't see the clock. It still didn't stop a significant walk out that was very noticeable despite the sparse crowd.

Glad you noticed the deliberate ploy by the club with the police notice, and people think they are not rattled.
  • SDAddick said:

Blimey you have good eyesight ricky, or is your workmate the number 27 for Boro?

Oh no SD im going to murder him. Not going to shoot him though as that's a bit noisy. I was thinking about garrotting him but that's too messy. It will have to be poison.
  • SDAddick said:

Oh no SD im going to murder him. Not going to shoot him though as that's a bit noisy. I was thinking about garrotting him but that's too messy. It will have to be poison.
    I'd take him off to the lift and suffocate him with a Pinocchio mask
  • edited March 2016

A gentleman's murder!
  • edited March 2016
    SDAddick said:

A gentleman's murder!
    Just saves so much mess to be honest. I remember when I last killed, wasn't sure what to do with the body, it was hanging around for days, until I thought of the perfect hiding place.......
  • @colin1961 said 98% didn't walk out didn't he?

Since when has anything Colin says been based on fact?
  • SDAddick said:

A gentleman's murder!
    Just saves so much mess to be honest. I remember when I last killed, wasn't sure what to do with the body, it was hanging around for days, until I thought of the perfect hiding place.......
    Or Roland's office at The Valley?
  • Each to their own but I just can't believe people think their continued attendance would have any affect on the teams performance.

It has been proven for years and years an years that numbers and/or vocal support really don't have any affect. If they did the clubs with the largest/most vocal home support would always win at home and visa versa away.

Look at all the operation away days for us where the team have not turned up.

"I had to stay because the team needed my/our support to get them over the line" Really??? Just admit you wanted to see the game and that is more important to you than the future of the club.

We left on 74 and was glad to see several hundred more had done the same.

Brilliantly put.

If/when we get relegated this one off win over Middlesbrough won't be something that people will care about. It's not as if at the end of the season some fans will get much pleasure out of saying "yeah well I saw our 2nd goal against Boro at home"

I genuinely think many fans wanted to see a win and then kid themselves that things were all rosy again for a couple of hours. I know that will piss some people off, but that's just how I see it.