Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Where were you when we walked out?

Comments

• I was in the pub, impressed by the protests and a surprisingly good performance. Had I been there I would certainly have walked out on 74 minutes.
  • cfgs said:

colin1961 said:

Sat in my seat watching the game like 98% of other supporters ......

I flagged you because I hate the name Colin.
    Surely you should flag his parents then and not him?
    To be honest it's got nothing to do with his name - I just wanted to flag him.

I guessed that, so then you should be proud and honest about your understandable actions.
  • WSS said:

In 70 years time on charltonlifeonmars.com, they'll be a thread asking who left on 74 in 2016.

It'll be like the Huddersfield 7-6 all over again.

And I bet by then several hundred will also claim they invaded the pitch ;-)

• Sitting in my seat along with all of my near neighbours. We discussed this issue in advance of the game and came to a consensus view that if the team were winning we would in no way want to jeopardize our chances of winning the game by completely emptying the stadium. After all the fans are the 12th man - how often has that been said by players. You see I'm not the only one who is clinging to the faint hope that we will escape the drop, so whilst it is still mathematically possible I will do nothing to put that at risk by withdrawing my emotional and vocal support. However, had we been losing say 2-0, with little or no prospect of a turnaround, I would have walked. As far as I am concerned yesterday was a Win Win - a great result, and great PR for CARD. Remember SUPPORT THE TEAM, Not the Regime.

Great post.
  • Maintained my "stay away" boycott and missed the game as usual. Have not got Sky so did not watch at home either.

Fuck em #notapennymore
  • rikofold said:

Of course people have a right to make their own choice. The point the good Inspector and others are making is that if you wear the black and white scarf to affiliate yourself with the protests, then protest with the rest of us. Otherwise what's the point? That just makes you a sheep, wanting to be seen as being part of something when you're not actually prepared to be.

Some protests you'll like some you won't. I've never left a game early in my life but it was important to show solidarity with those other fans who are doing the same to keep the pressure up and hopefully make the difference.

As for this 'support the team' bollocks, I guarantee protesters are as passionate about their team as any other supporter. Isnt it marvellous that some can't spare 16 minutes of their football watching lives to contribute to making the point that it's Roland, Katrien et al who have damaged the team more than anyone, and that the inevitable relegation is entirely unnecessary and entirely their fault. The long term good of the team is worth the 16 minutes in my book.

This is a good point. I thought it was odd seeing a bloke in full reaper costume who didn't walk out. Football fans are a funny breed. You get some that will scream blue murder and then be perfectly happy if they see a win. I think it's fair enough if some people aren't concerned by the regime, it's odd that people would protest then are placated by a win. Surely the symptoms aren't fixed? The TV cameras won't be there next week, it was a chance missed.
  • Stig said:

Tough today, my son was on his first witness of a winning a game as a season ticket holder and he pleaded to stay and I couldn't crush him to leave on 74. I am sad to say I stayed, he was delighted to console me that we saw the 2nd goal and was so happy to see us win, yet it felt empty. Seeing jamescafc & johnnyH2 posts make me feel I was wrong but HandG then put me back into turnmoil - it's so tough! Regardless of that, CARD we're brilliant today, hats off and I hope by staying I haven't let you down too much.

On the other hand, did Jordan Cousins and the other players deserve to finish that game in front of just the Boro fans?
    I am not sure that you have quite grasped what is going on.
    Getting Roland out isn't going to be a 5 minute thing, he won't see the fans streaming out and immediately get on the phone to Varney.

In the meantime there was a game to win, 3 points at stake. We have a small chance of staying up and I don't want to spoil it.

Come the summer and Chinese or Middle Eastern owners are thinking about buying a club, what would they prefer, a Championship team one promotion away from the riches and glamour of the PL... or a L1 club looking forward to trips to Rochdale and Northampton?
    You are right there it will take more than five minutes, but that is all the more reason for fans to show a united front. We need to think not only about how Roland perceives us, but also how our fellow fans perceive us. If those protesting feel that the rest aren't bothered and that they are having to carry them, then some of those may give up and the protests will dwindle and eventually fail. Whilst it is true that everyone is free to choose exactly what they will and won't do, it is also the case that we'll be a lot stronger if people can put their own personal needs behind those of the fans collectively. I'm not in favour of digging out individuals, but I do feel it's time for everyone to start taking the protests more seriously. I'd therefore urge everyone to participate in every form of protest called by Card. It doesn't matter if one particular protest isn't your cup of tea or you think it might be a bit naff. Just get on and do it anyway. We can win this if we all stand together, but if people selectively pick and choose, then we'll find dwindling support for protests and we'll have to wait until Roly gets bored or dies. I don't want that and I don't think you do either.
    I understand your point, but in this case it wasn't "my needs" but the needs of the team. The team needed support to help get them over the line. DONVANVLIET summed it up very well.

• Sponsored links:

• I was going to walk out but my grandaughter ( shes 8) begged me not to as she was upset by the slag cants etc on the coffin procession and she did not want to hear it anymore
  • se9addick said:

Anyone who didn't walk out can never moan about the current owners, fair enough if you wanted to stay but you can't have it both ways.

Utter, utter nonsense.
    I agree, it seems if you're not with the protest then you're against them.

As what's been said before we all have our own views.
  • "Anyone who didn't walk out can never moan about the current owners, fair enough if you wanted to stay but you can't have it both ways."

Since when have these two issues been mutually exclusive? Utterly illogical.
  • se9addick said:

Anyone who didn't walk out can never moan about the current owners, fair enough if you wanted to stay but you can't have it both ways.

Utter, utter nonsense.
    Why is it? You can't sit there and moan but when something needs to be done just sit there with the attitude " I support the team" LOOK at the bigger picture.
  • se9addick said:

Utter, utter nonsense.
    Why is it? You can't sit there and moan but when something needs to be done just sit there with the attitude " I support the team" LOOK at the bigger picture.
    Ok. Anyone who didn't run on the pitch can never moan about the current owners, fair enough if you wanted to stay in your seat but you can't have it both ways.
  • Driving down MI on way home from Crufts,
  • Dansk_Red said:

Driving down MI on way home from Crufts,

Thanks Dansk - will you be home in time for lunch?.
  • I was sat in my seat supporting themTEAM.i want them out as much as the next person and ive attended all protests to date and will again till theyve gone but i wasnt planninig on walking out and because i didnt doesnt make me a supporter of douchbag and the witch.SUPPORT THE TEAM NOT THE REGIME!!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2016
    What is the bigger picture then?

• What is the bigger picture then?

Sorta sums it up really !!
  • edited March 2016

Ridiculous statement.
  • Anyone who didn't walk out can never moan about the current owners, fair enough if you wanted to stay but you can't have it both ways.

Ridiculous statement .
  • starting the "two - Nil and we still protest" song in the car park.

Felt sorry for @SE7toSG3 who gathered up the "Roland and Katrien Time to Go" banner that was being passed around so we could take it outside and got boo'ed by the covered end. They didn't realise the reason but it was at the front of the protests again.

• I didn't walk out, but then again I didn't walk in either!
  • Stig said:

Tough today, my son was on his first witness of a winning a game as a season ticket holder and he pleaded to stay and I couldn't crush him to leave on 74. I am sad to say I stayed, he was delighted to console me that we saw the 2nd goal and was so happy to see us win, yet it felt empty. Seeing jamescafc & johnnyH2 posts make me feel I was wrong but HandG then put me back into turnmoil - it's so tough! Regardless of that, CARD we're brilliant today, hats off and I hope by staying I haven't let you down too much.

On the other hand, did Jordan Cousins and the other players deserve to finish that game in front of just the Boro fans?
    I am not sure that you have quite grasped what is going on.
    Getting Roland out isn't going to be a 5 minute thing, he won't see the fans streaming out and immediately get on the phone to Varney.

In the meantime there was a game to win, 3 points at stake. We have a small chance of staying up and I don't want to spoil it.

Come the summer and Chinese or Middle Eastern owners are thinking about buying a club, what would they prefer, a Championship team one promotion away from the riches and glamour of the PL... or a L1 club looking forward to trips to Rochdale and Northampton?
    You are right there it will take more than five minutes, but that is all the more reason for fans to show a united front. We need to think not only about how Roland perceives us, but also how our fellow fans perceive us. If those protesting feel that the rest aren't bothered and that they are having to carry them, then some of those may give up and the protests will dwindle and eventually fail. Whilst it is true that everyone is free to choose exactly what they will and won't do, it is also the case that we'll be a lot stronger if people can put their own personal needs behind those of the fans collectively. I'm not in favour of digging out individuals, but I do feel it's time for everyone to start taking the protests more seriously. I'd therefore urge everyone to participate in every form of protest called by Card. It doesn't matter if one particular protest isn't your cup of tea or you think it might be a bit naff. Just get on and do it anyway. We can win this if we all stand together, but if people selectively pick and choose, then we'll find dwindling support for protests and we'll have to wait until Roly gets bored or dies. I don't want that and I don't think you do either.
    I understand your point, but in this case it wasn't "my needs" but the needs of the team. The team needed support to help get them over the line. DONVANVLIET summed it up very well.

Fair point.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

I fully intended to walk out. It wasn't a debate for me, it had to be done. But... I was in a new seat, where I found myself sitting next to two very pleasant young ladies whom I chatted to all game, and when they decided not to walk out... well let's just say my priorities had changed by that point. Sorry!

Protesting is more important than a threesome!
    That's what the girls tell me, anyway...