Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Where were you when we walked out?

Comments

• First time i've ever left a game early. Walked out to join the protest.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

I fully intended to walk out. It wasn't a debate for me, it had to be done. But... I was in a new seat, where I found myself sitting next to two very pleasant young ladies whom I chatted to all game, and when they decided not to walk out... well let's just say my priorities had changed by that point. Sorry!

chat one up; get one free Jimmy ?
  • colin1961 said:

Sat in my seat watching the game like 98% of other supporters ......

That's complete bollox isn't it 98% you are as good at maths as Meire. The north both upper and lower was nigh on empty
  • Walked out on 74 - most around me (west lower) stayed put. Also lots who left on 74 seemed to go straight home! What was the beef with the young guy on the stairs seeming to offer the protesters out?
  • edited March 2016
    jamescafc said:

JohnnyH2 said:

Walked out on 74. In my 30+ years of supporting us I have only left a game before the end twice before today. It hurt like mad to leave especially as my 6 year old has seen so few wins. BUT it simply had to be done

Same mate. My son (4) was desperate to stay for the tunnel jump and was almost crying as I dragged him out. Was tough but had to look at the bigger picture
    Some things in life are more important then to protest. I certainly know what comes first to me. Regardless of how I felt, I would never disappoint my child. I think we all need to realise we are all divided but need to unite in supporting the team till the end.
  • I walked out and went round to the west stand car park, heard the roar for the second goal, shame, but today was more than about the result.

Same here.
  • Uboat said:

Uboat said:

I walked out and heard the cheer for Harriots goal a couple of hundred yards up the road. Not the first time us scoring a goal has scuppered a demonstration. Some people's heart is just not up for joining in and most of them seem to sit in the East stand .

Wonder if they will be here in league one or two?

Yes I will...
    Katrien must be very proud of you.
    Once again... Why must there be a group for the Protest and a group for the board,
    Because that's the situation we've got to, in my opinion. I don't see how there can be any neutrals now.
    As the saying goes, if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem. It could be, of course, that those of us protesting are the problem, but I doubt it.
  • Sponsored links:

• JiMMy 85 said:

I fully intended to walk out. It wasn't a debate for me, it had to be done. But... I was in a new seat, where I found myself sitting next to two very pleasant young ladies whom I chatted to all game, and when they decided not to walk out... well let's just say my priorities had changed by that point. Sorry!

Was it Katrien and Mel?
  • I was up and out but was disappointed to see lots of supporters staying put despite wearing black and white scarves. Everyone is entitled to do what they want but why take the scarf in the first place?

Cold neck?
  • Sponsored links:

• Everyone who didn't walk out who was wearing a black and white scarf - you are a joke of a 'fan' - a total joke to the good fanbase of this club. Go away and support a joke of a club other than us - you totally and utterly appal me - spit on the floor.

I'm usually "each to their own", but if people have accepted free scarves but use club bars, don't take part in walkouts, etc, then seriously, screw them.
    Maybe those mentioned want the board out but don't think that starving the club of cash and leaving games early are effective means of achieving that goal? I'm playing devil's advocate here but posts like this and others on this thread make me think that the North Korea analogy that comes up on here occasionally regarding the board seems to work both ways.

• I broke my boycott, paid £33, blew my whistle, had a great pop at Miere (she smiled at me of course), wondered why so few of us protesting around the directors box and then walked out on 74.
  • kentred2 said:

I broke my boycott, paid £33, blew my whistle, had a great pop at Miere (she smiled at me of course), wondered why so few of us protesting around the directors box and then walked out on 74.

Good man, what exactly did you tell her?
  • jamescafc said:

kentred2 said:

I broke my boycott, paid £33, blew my whistle, had a great pop at Miere (she smiled at me of course), wondered why so few of us protesting around the directors box and then walked out on 74.

Good man, what exactly did you tell her?
    Can't remember precisely but no profanities! Asked her politely to go in several ways. My banner she saw said Roland Does Failure. It all finished with the crowd right on cue singing she's going to lie in minute.
  • kentred2 said:

Did you ask her for my Rolex back
  • Was airman in the car park at the end? Thought I saw him walking around the protesters and into Harvey gdns?

Answering the question before reading the rest.

Yes, Airman was 100% in the car park, about 80 minutes into the game. .
  • Left on 74.