Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Where were you when we walked out?

Comments

• JiMMy 85 said:

I fully intended to walk out. It wasn't a debate for me, it had to be done. But... I was in a new seat, where I found myself sitting next to two very pleasant young ladies whom I chatted to all game, and when they decided not to walk out... well let's just say my priorities had changed by that point. Sorry!

Protesting is more important than a threesome!
  • People not walking out because we were winning, f****** hell!
  • I walked out and heard the cheer for Harriots goal a couple of hundred yards up the road. Not the first time us scoring a goal has scuppered a demonstration. Some people's heart is just not up for joining in and most of them seem to sit in the East stand .

Wonder if they will be here in league one or two?

Most sit in the East stand ? probably because most people sit in the East stand

Anyway everyone has a choice
  • In Buriram, Thailand, drinking a cold Leo.
  • In Buriram, Thailand, drinking a cold Leo.

Mmmm
  • Sponsored links:

• rikofold said:

Of course people have a right to make their own choice. The point the good Inspector and others are making is that if you wear the black and white scarf to affiliate yourself with the protests, then protest with the rest of us. Otherwise what's the point? That just makes you a sheep, wanting to be seen as being part of something when you're not actually prepared to be.

Some protests you'll like some you won't. I've never left a game early in my life but it was important to show solidarity with those other fans who are doing the same to keep the pressure up and hopefully make the difference.

As for this 'support the team' bollocks, I guarantee protesters are as passionate about their team as any other supporter. Isnt it marvellous that some can't spare 16 minutes of their football watching lives to contribute to making the point that it's Roland, Katrien et al who have damaged the team more than anyone, and that the inevitable relegation is entirely unnecessary and entirely their fault. The long term good of the team is worth the 16 minutes in my book.

Well said.

• Tough today, my son was on his first witness of a winning a game as a season ticket holder and he pleaded to stay and I couldn't crush him to leave on 74. I am sad to say I stayed, he was delighted to console me that we saw the 2nd goal and was so happy to see us win, yet it felt empty. Seeing jamescafc & johnnyH2 posts make me feel I was wrong but HandG then put me back into turnmoil - it's so tough! Regardless of that, CARD we're brilliant today, hats off and I hope by staying I haven't let you down too much.

On the other hand, did Jordan Cousins and the other players deserve to finish that game in front of just the Boro fans?
    I am not sure that you have quite grasped what is going on.
  • I walked out. what helped me decide was some prat who was sitting slagging off everyone who was leaving. I told him what I thought as I went past.

however...at half time I did buy half a pint.
  • LuckyReds said:

Im shocked at the aggression being aimed at those who stayed.

Nearly as shocked at London Zoo not having Lions at the moment. You got ripped off for £30 there pal! A zoo without Lions?!

Ah, you were at the wrong zoo mate.
    You want the new Den in Bermondsey
  • edited March 2016
    I'm afraid that after witnessing the limp, disappointing effort against MK Dons I decided to spend my Sunday afternoon with my family rather than rearrange my life according to the whims of Sky TV. The justification in my mind being that empty seats don't look good on telly even though mine was unlikely to be shown!

I am fully in accordance with the protests though and thank all those fans customers who actually did show the dedication to turn up and successfully cause a stir.

I will salve my conscience with a donation to the protest fund.
  • Left on 74 with my brother and nephew. It felt wrong but necessary at the time. Looking back, I am glad and rather proud that we did leave. Overall, I thought the sum of the parts of the various protests yesterday was a publicity triumph; of which the walkout was a meaningful statement - especially when we were winning. It is a lot easier to leave early when losing.
  • I admire the protestors and donated to the fund. However, as a supporter since 1962 I have seen good and bad. My belief is , we won't get a new owner if we get relegated. There is a time to protest , but I don't think it's during the 90 minutes. That said, beach balls were great due to TV coverage. Whistles were a disgrace and the sort of thing that will cause a divide.
  • Whistles were brilliant at the right time and right at the beginning of the second half.

Come the 50th minute I just wanted them to give it a rest though (Although always knew they'd be annoying), I wonder if that was the reason for the failed pitch invasion, i.e. everyone had run out of puff so didnt have the energy to get on the pitch
  • Sponsored links:

• the whistle thing was a bit annoying.

I've never been to an Italian/European football game but on tv they whistle all the time. and yet it never seems to effect the play.
  • edited March 2016
    colin1961 said:

Sat in my seat watching the game like 98% of other supporters ......

I flagged you because I hate the name Colin.
  • Tough today, my son was on his first witness of a winning a game as a season ticket holder and he pleaded to stay and I couldn't crush him to leave on 74. I am sad to say I stayed, he was delighted to console me that we saw the 2nd goal and was so happy to see us win, yet it felt empty. Seeing jamescafc & johnnyH2 posts make me feel I was wrong but HandG then put me back into turnmoil - it's so tough! Regardless of that, CARD we're brilliant today, hats off and I hope by staying I haven't let you down too much.

On the other hand, did Jordan Cousins and the other players deserve to finish that game in front of just the Boro fans?
    I am not sure that you have quite grasped what is going on.
    Getting Roland out isn't going to be a 5 minute thing, he won't see the fans streaming out and immediately get on the phone to Varney.

In the meantime there was a game to win, 3 points at stake. We have a small chance of staying up and I don't want to spoil it.

Come the summer and Chinese or Middle Eastern owners are thinking about buying a club, what would they prefer, a Championship team one promotion away from the riches and glamour of the PL... or a L1 club looking forward to trips to Rochdale and Northampton?
  • Left on 74. It needed to be done. Proud of everyone that did.
    A fantastic gesture when winning.
  • First home game this season. Bought a black and white scarf, walked out on 74, protested outside West Stand, return to boycotting home games.
    Only downside was giving Ro-land £44 for the tickets.
  • First home game this season. Bought a black and white scarf, walked out on 74, protested outside West Stand, return to boycotting home games.
    Only downside was giving Ro-land £44 for the tickets.

Money well spent Al.
  • Sat at home watching on Sky, appreciating everyone's different ways of protest.
  • cfgs said:

colin1961 said:

Sat in my seat watching the game like 98% of other supporters ......

I flagged you because I hate the name Colin.
    Surely you should flag his parents then and not him?
    To be honest it's got nothing to do with his name - I just wanted to flag him.