Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Where were you when we walked out?

Comments

• Left on 74. At first I was surprised at how many appeared to be staying but as I came out of the North, there seemed to be loads spilling out of the East too.
    Was the guy all right who seemed to have collapsed at the bottom of J block btw? Anyone know?
  • Left on 74.

For the 3 thousand who enjoyed the last 16 mins, remember: that is what The Valley will be like for 90 minutes every other week in League 2.

And I'm sure them 3000 will still be sitting there supporting their team unlike yourself?
  • angrybird said:

I walked out and heard the cheer for Harriots goal a couple of hundred yards up the road. Not the first time us scoring a goal has scuppered a demonstration. Some people's heart is just not up for joining in and most of them seem to sit in the East stand .

Wonder if they will be here in league one or two?

I sit in the east stand and don't know why u have picked on us as there was plenty of fans in the north stand who also didn't walk out.
    Because that's were I sit too.
  • Walked out on 74 minutes. This fight is about much more than a one off unexpected win against Middlesbrough which will mean practically nothing in the grand scheme of things.
  • Left on 74.

For the 3 thousand who enjoyed the last 16 mins, remember: that is what The Valley will be like for 90 minutes every other week in League 2.

And I'm sure them 3000 will still be sitting there supporting their team unlike yourself?
    But that's the point Shorty, the team (club) doesn't feel like it is ours (the fans) anymore. Its being systematically ruined.

Btw, fair enough if you don't feel this way and didn't walk out. I'm not after an argument.
  • We all have to do what we think is right at the time. My husband and I were in two minds whether to walk out or not, but decided to stay, partly because we had left bags in the hospitality suite and probably wouldn't have been allowed back in to get them, but also to cheer on the team.

However I was very angry when I got back to the suite to find the blinds had been pulled down and we couldn't see outside. Having caused a stir the last time I wore the Pinocchio mask, I thought I ought not to pull the blinds up this time and incur the wrath of the club, though I did sneak a quick peek.

instead we made a quick exit from the suite and joined the protest outside.
  • Sponsored links:

• left on 74, despite the club getting rid of the clock!
  • It might interest some to know that the protest behind the west stand during the game could be heard inside. I took a Boro supporting friend today who was in the East Stand, and it was remarked that the 'Hey Roland' song could be heard for example.
  • Left on 74. Didn't want to walk out on a game when we were winning and was gutted to miss Harriot's goal - but felt I should put my money where I felt my mouth was.

I did go straight home as I was concerned some of the more physically emotional protestors might not make them the best place for my youngest lad to be hanging around.

I have no problem with my two brothers-in-law staying to watch the game as they sang the Roland Out chants, blew up their smuggled-in beach balls and got behind the team. They took their protests as far as they wished.

Each to his or her own conscience and preference - which is why scabbing out those with a different opinion does nothing helpful for our cause.
  • edited March 2016
    Left on 74. If it happens again for the remaining home games this season, then I'm out of the ground every time.
  • colin1961 said:

Sat in my seat watching the game like 98% of other supporters ......

It must be an absolutely massive seat.

I mean, I know I have a fat arse, but that's taking the pish...
  • My step son and I walked out on 74 and joined the protest at the back of the West Stand. I wear a black and white scarf and boycott matches, so it would have felt wrong for us to stay while other fans made the sacrifice.
  • colin1961 said:

Congratulations, you are part of the regime's future plan and will be spared in the inevitable genocide.
  • Walked out on 74 with my boy to join the protest
  • Sponsored links:

• Tough today, my son was on his first witness of a winning a game as a season ticket holder and he pleaded to stay and I couldn't crush him to leave on 74. I am sad to say I stayed, he was delighted to console me that we saw the 2nd goal and was so happy to see us win, yet it felt empty. Seeing jamescafc & johnnyH2 posts make me feel I was wrong but HandG then put me back into turnmoil - it's so tough! Regardless of that, CARD we're brilliant today, hats off and I hope by staying I haven't let you down too much.

On the other hand, did Jordan Cousins and the other players deserve to finish that game in front of just the Boro fans?
  • Walking up the East Stand steps.

What else would I do ?
  • Im shocked at the aggression being aimed at those who stayed.

Nearly as shocked at London Zoo not having Lions at the moment. You got ripped off for £30 there pal! A zoo without Lions?!
  • colin1961 said:

That's complete bollox isn't it 98% you are as good at maths as Meire. The north both upper and lower was nigh on empty
    think we need a button for this just after Flag, Quote, Like and LOL - it's the standard response to every colin1961 post - so would save a lot of time
  • Was sat in sunny Los Angeles wondering all match what I would have done. I'm genuinely not sure. To those that walked out, I applaud you for sticking to your principles. To those who didn't, you have every right. I'm quite sad to see such a successful day end with such bitter comments.

We're all in this together. We'll all be here long after Roland has left. And you will always get dissenting opinions in a crowd. What should make us different is that we're willing to listen to those we don't agree with and treat them with respect as fellow supporters. The civility part of civil disobedience.