Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Where were you when we walked out?

Comments

• I was in London Zoo. Hadn't been in there for years and was OK. No lions but their new enclosure is due to open for Easter.

£28 was a bit much though
  • i walked out, went to the car park, heard the roar and went back in the west stand to make sure it was our goal - stayed there til the end - walk out had been done - great win, lets hope we can stay up - im convinced he will sell whether we do or dont - do not renew your season ticket til he is gone - that is the protest that will have most affect.
  • Uboat said:

Walked out on 74 and joined the protest. 25 minutes later I walked out of the protest because my daughter didn't like the aggression of some louts towards those leaving after the game. I was disappointed that people stayed in, but the abuse was way over the top and utterly divisive.

Agree with that sentiment.
    Those shouting at the bloke on the stairs could have instead helped the bloke who was taken inside for refusing to hand over his phone.
  • To those who walked out on 74 - well done to everyone- for those of you who didn't - shame shame and treble shame on you - you can walk around with your black and white scarves on having a beer and burger and buying programs - you all disgust me.
    It's fans like you that deserve Duchatelet for ever

I dont wear a Black & White scarf...

Dont buy a beer / burger / programme and just used the Season Ticket I paid for at the start of the season so the club didnt get any extra money from me
  • Uboat said:

Uboat said:

I walked out and heard the cheer for Harriots goal a couple of hundred yards up the road. Not the first time us scoring a goal has scuppered a demonstration. Some people's heart is just not up for joining in and most of them seem to sit in the East stand .

Wonder if they will be here in league one or two?

Yes I will...
    Katrien must be very proud of you.
    Once again... Why must there be a group for the Protest and a group for the board,
    Because that's the situation we've got to, in my opinion. I don't see how there can be any neutrals now.
    I see how there can be neutrals because nobody can decide for me which group I'm in!!
  • Was airman in the car park at the end? Thought I saw him walking around the protesters and into Harvey gdns?
  • I was going to walk out, but then...i just didn't and watched the game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:

Getting beaten 8-5 in my own match :(

You let 8 in!................how's the back? :wink:
  • I really can't believe how short sighted some are. Each to their own eye sight.
  • Croydon said:

Today the team gave 100% and played well and had the chance of 3 points which might (a small chance but not completely impossible) make a difference.

In those circumstances, I didn't feel the walkout was the right strategy for today, and that the players deserved support for the last 15 minutes, which they got.

If we had played badly and were losing 3-0, then I would have joined the protest. If/when we are mathematically down again I'll be happy to take part in walkouts, delayed entrances etc

how embarrassingly fickle
    Not really. My number one aim for this season is for us to stay up. Apart from anything else, being a Championship club makes us far more attractive to any potential buyers. If we had been losing then clearly the walkout would have no affect on the result of the game, but as we had the chance of a crucial win I stayed.

I have no problems with people walking out if they want to, but the majority of fans didn't, including many in the Upper and Lower North.
  • I walked out on the 74th minute & celebrated the second goal in the West Stand car park. As I was making my way up the steps out of the East Stand some bloke shouted out "Yeah go out & stay out" SOME people JUST don't get it !! Well done CARD great organisation & was proud to be part of the funeral procession too.
  • Everyone who didn't walk out who was wearing a black and white scarf - you are a joke of a 'fan' - a total joke to the good fanbase of this club. Go away and support a joke of a club other than us - you totally and utterly appal me - spit on the floor.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

I fully intended to walk out. It wasn't a debate for me, it had to be done. But... I was in a new seat, where I found myself sitting next to two very pleasant young ladies whom I chatted to all game, and when they decided not to walk out... well let's just say my priorities had changed by that point. Sorry!

Any luck Jimmy ?
  • sammy391 said:

Us in the data techniques box all went into the box and shut the blinds , watching the game on the tele!

Looked back after the boycott to see what you lot did and can confirm that Data Techniques did indeed do this.

Loved the Pinnochio costumes, brilliant bit of play at short notice
    @sammy391 Was that your lot? That was brilliant!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Uboat said:

Uboat said:

I walked out and heard the cheer for Harriots goal a couple of hundred yards up the road. Not the first time us scoring a goal has scuppered a demonstration. Some people's heart is just not up for joining in and most of them seem to sit in the East stand .

Wonder if they will be here in league one or two?

Yes I will...
    Katrien must be very proud of you.
    Once again... Why must there be a group for the Protest and a group for the board,
    Because that's the situation we've got to, in my opinion. I don't see how there can be any neutrals now.
    I see how there can be neutrals because nobody can decide for me which group I'm in!!
    Well congratulations for being such an 'individual'.
  • Walked out on 74 and stood / sang by ticket window. Weird to be outside when we scored the second. Agree that the aggro against those that didn't walk got a little bit more than banter. Glad I did it but hope I don't have to again
  • JiMMy 85 said:

I fully intended to walk out. It wasn't a debate for me, it had to be done. But... I was in a new seat, where I found myself sitting next to two very pleasant young ladies whom I chatted to all game, and when they decided not to walk out... well let's just say my priorities had changed by that point. Sorry!

Any luck Jimmy ?
    I'm playing the long game! Although it was the West Lower. It's going to be an expensive long game.
  • Walked out on 74 and went to the west stand car park. Gave my whistle to a mate's kid. Sang and chanted for a while.
    Then left a bit after the game finished. Slagging off those who stayed is counterproductive. Meire would love us doing the divide and rule work for her. We need to win more over not antagonise them,
    Good win though. And back to my boycott for now.
  • Walked out, went behind West Stand, heard celebrations for our second and realised I didn't really care that I missed it. All round, good day of protests. Nice we won but too late to be relevant.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Any luck Jimmy ?
    I'm playing the long game! Although it was the West Lower. It's going to be an expensive long game.
    Go in the East Stand A block cheap seats and do a quick dash across the pitch.............on second thoughts scrap that :wink:
  • I was up and out but was disappointed to see lots of supporters staying put despite wearing black and white scarves. Everyone is entitled to do what they want but why take the scarf in the first place?
  • I walked out and went round to the west stand car park, heard the roar for the second goal, shame, but today was more than about the result.

Likewise - we left on 74th minute from East Stand and walked round to Car Park to 'hear; second goal. Each to his own but we felt the gesture was important. Just wearing a black and white scarf was not enough for us.