Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Where were you when we walked out?

Comments

• Great photos Shirty5. Show those to the people who said it was a paltry/feeble walk-out.
  • Blimey you have good eyesight ricky, or is your workmate the number 27 for Boro?

'Colleague' Mike - he's not a mate.
    Oh cmon @Ricky_Otto, dont be like that... I thought we were friends :(
  • Blimey you have good eyesight ricky, or is your workmate the number 27 for Boro?

@ForeverAddickted I thought we were 'more' than friends. You can't keep messing me about like this - I have feelings you know. If you want to end it just say so.
  • ..I was in the Boathouse in Danson Park....that place has gone right downhill

@ForeverAddickted I thought we were 'more' than friends. You can't keep messing me about like this - I have feelings you know. If you want to end it just say so.
  • MattD said:

Stayed until the 87th min then went back to my car.

First game in 18 months, was considering the walk-out but the feeble pitch invasion made my mind up.

I never committed to any of it. I agree with all of it but you cant deny the pitch invasion was pathetic, given all the talk on here about it beforehand.

Gave up my ticket almost 4 years ago because of work. Decided I would go today as my cousin was going instead of going Arsenal. My life doesn't revolve around Charlton anymore, not everyones does.
  • I left on the 73rd minute for a quick pee and to get to the front of the protest

so did me walking out help the team win or did all the people staying help the team win or did it matter not either way cos they'd have won
    but had we lost a lot of the punters who stayed in the ground would have been blaming those that left
  • Sponsored links:

• I hate this regime with a vengeance and support protestsm but I see no point in walking out during a game,surely better to support the players efforts then leave them with a half empty stadium. But everyone is entitled to do what they want.
    However I cannot condone anyone running onto the pitch and the stewards so reactions were appalling, players could have been injured, I would slap long bans on them., it degrades our great club
  • What is the bigger picture then?

Sorta sums it up really !!
    Sort of sums what up really? Abusing those that didn't walk out as Charltonbyblood says. Is the bigger picture that if you do not agree with CARD and do what they say then you are prime for abuse?

Great campaign. "I will tell you what I think is wrong, I won't listen to any answers and I will call you a c**t for not telling me my opinion is correct". Even my two year old could see that logic is f**ked.

• Each to their own but I just can't believe people think their continued attendance would have any affect on the teams performance.

It has been proven for years and years an years that numbers and/or vocal support really don't have any affect. If they did the clubs with the largest/most vocal home support would always win at home and visa versa away.

Look at all the operation away days for us where the team have not turned up.

"I had to stay because the team needed my/our support to get them over the line" Really??? Just admit you wanted to see the game and that is more important to you than the future of the club.

We left on 74 and was glad to see several hundred more had done the same.

Is there a quadruple "like" button? Spot on C.
  • shirty5 said:

If anyone thought the Walkout was a waste of time yesterday then look at the Covered End before and after the 74th minute.imageimage

Nice one Shirty. That should end the debate and leave the "only a few people walked out" doom merchants with nowhere to go.
  • I sat in the east swapping my normal place in the north upper and got sworn at and called a sheep for walking out so it was not just those who walked out getting verbal.
  • Was airman in the car park at the end? Thought I saw him walking around the protesters and into Harvey gdns?

I walked out on 74 & he was in the car park when I got there
  • I was up and out but was disappointed to see lots of supporters staying put despite wearing black and white scarves. Everyone is entitled to do what they want but why take the scarf in the first place?

just as some stand & sing they want them out & then go in crossbars
  • shirty5 said:

If anyone thought the Walkout was a waste of time yesterday then look at the Covered End before and after the 74th minute.imageimage

When were those photos taken ? I can't get close enough in to check conclusively but in the first half I was wearing sunglasses because we had the sun in our eyes; and in the second half I wasn't wearing sunglasses. In both pictures it looks like I am.
  • Sponsored links:

• I went from one end of the sofa to the other.

Seriously it's squabbling like this which is one of the reasons that I haven't set foot in Charlton in 2016

I probably would have stayed in my seat as we were winning 1-0 and would have left if we were losing 2-0 as I'm sure would plenty of others but everyone has a choice on what stance they are taking at the moment so let them get on with it.

The important thing is the message on live tv was very very good so well done all those that took part

• I don't buy "I stayed for the good of the team", if the score line had been reversed I'm not sure as many would have selflessly stood by the team in their hour of need...

And there's the truth. Of course the team being in the lead and playing well made it a more difficult decision for the waverers.

• I was at home watching on the TV.

If I had been at the game, I would have probably stayed to the end. Not because the team needed my support. I would stayed purely on the basis I I would have paid to get in and enjoy watching football!

I simply love the game, I am quite happy to go up the Meridian on a Sunday morning and watch 22 men kick lumps out of each other for 90 minutes, wishing I was still playing. As much as I will; enjoy watching quality Premiership sides on Super Sundays.

Unluckily for me Charlton Athletic are my chosen poison in life and going through a torrid time at the moment not thanks to the "Regime". So whilst I agree with the majority of the protests, I cannot get behind people who criticise others for not doing one thing or another (Walking or staying). Everyone has a choice and it should be respected.

I myself will continue to sit in my arm chair as so many aptly put it, continue with my self imposed boycott of games and hope to god Riga can pull a rabbit out his backside from now until the end of the season.
  • I don't buy "I stayed for the good of the team", if the score line had been reversed I'm not sure as many would have selflessly stood by the team in their hour of need...

If we were 1-0 down and playing the way we were I would still have stayed and got behind the team. Support the team
  • What's interesting viewing Shirty's post walkout pic is I can see among those who stayed to 'support the team' are some that spend the whole game giving dogs abuse to our own players.

Impressed looking back to the see the extent of the walkout from the section around where I sit.

I don't buy "I stayed for the good of the team", if the score line had been reversed I'm not sure as many would have selflessly stood by the team in their hour of need...

And there's the truth. Of course the team being in the lead and playing well made it a more difficult decision for the waverers.

Really ? I've stayed to the end of many a terrible performance !
  • I was reluctant to walk out because I was really enjoying the occasion and felt the team were battling and so deserved praise and support but when it came to it I felt I had to leave and so three of our group walked out. It was actually really difficult because we all wanted to stay and support the boys. I suppose that was the reason why a lot of people stayed put.
  • edited March 2016

I don't buy "I stayed for the good of the team", if the score line had been reversed I'm not sure as many would have selflessly stood by the team in their hour of need...

Only times I leave early are the evening matches (regardless if we're winning) as if I get caught in the crowds I wont get back to Strood until nearly 11pm (instead of 10:30pm), I then struggle to get a parking spot down my road because everyone parks like a prick which leaves me exhausted the next morning.

Usually I'll leave my seat down the front as the board goes up and stand up out the way by the exit until the full time whistle goes

• shirty5 said:

When were those photos taken ? I can't get close enough in to check conclusively but in the first half I was wearing sunglasses because we had the sun in our eyes; and in the second half I wasn't wearing sunglasses. In both pictures it looks like I am.
    Well, judging by the goalkeepers position and the ref about to drop the ball I'd say top one 1st half after about 5mins and bottom one sometime in the second after 74ish minutes