Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

OFFICIAL! Pitch Invasion ANNOUNCEMENT!

Comments

• smiffyboy said:

The fella ran on the pitch at 58 so why didn't everyone else follow, did the 2 minutes make a big difference

A guy runs on the pitch in the 58th minute, and squares up to a CAFC player. the idea was, it was going to be a peaceful protest in the 60th minute. any one who followed, two minutes after the drunk guys, would have to be a right thicko.
    I take it that's why the rest of you decided against it ?
    I really don't feel smug when i predicted that a couple of drunks would spoil it for the rest.
    Probably the worst version of events I've read today
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

Yeah been to Belgium!

Now been on sky tv protesting

And gave up every weekend to be part of the protests!

And I'm a MUG!

Could be worse.......

You could be a MOG.
  • I'd be interested to know what JBG said to the lad, he of all people should be keeping his mouth shut after the season he's had.
  • CAFCTrev said:

SMW28 said:

I'd probably gone for it if I wasn't in Japan

Oldest excuse in the book....
    Brilliant.
  • smiffyboy said:

The fella ran on the pitch at 58 so why didn't everyone else follow, did the 2 minutes make a big difference

A guy runs on the pitch in the 58th minute, and squares up to a CAFC player. the idea was, it was going to be a peaceful protest in the 60th minute. any one who followed, two minutes after the drunk guys, would have to be a right thicko.
    I really don't feel smug when i predicted that a couple of drunks would spoil it for the rest.
    After being at every protest and walking with the crowd behind the coffin, that how it panned out to me. if both guys weren't drunk then why can't they tell the time ? proud to walk out in the 70 something minute and protest outside the west stand yet again.
  • T.C.E said:

LoOkOuT said:

Welcome to The Valley - Enjoy your afternoon
    Has anyone taken advantage of the Match Day Meal Deal?
    I did, watched the whole uninterrupted game foc while the eating a lovingly prepared roast dinner and drinking a cold beer. ;)
    Hey, offered you a lift up......okay, you had to walk back.......
  • Well done boggy.
  • Uboat said:

sam3110 said:

Bottle jobs

Stewards done nothing until the idiot got in the face of a player

No more stewards than normal just instead of congregating around the SE and SW corners they went and stood in the NW corner

This was the biggest opportunity to get your point across and make the difference you have banged on about and what happened? A few beach balls thrown on the pitch and a couple of whistles from the crowd.

The point has been made, but I'm not sure its the point you wanted to make...

This is bollocks though. Failed attempt to misrepresent a very successful afternoon for CARD.
    Yawn.

I couldn't give a toss about trying to "misrepresent" CARD, especially seeing as they weren't responsible for the damp squib of a pitch invasion.

There has been much talk of the funeral, the walkout, the whistles, the beach balls and the non renewal of tickets. They are all fine and dandy, but in my eyes the beach balls and the whistles are just a minor distraction, like the masks were. The funeral was something that has been done many times before, and again in my opinion is much ado about nothing.

The walkout again wasn't a huge success, but the way we were playing probably didn't help that anyway.

The non renewal is probably the biggest one you guys can jump on to, but I for one, as I have always stated, will be renewing.

Not to line the pockets of the Belgians, not to support the regime, not because I'm a "Roland sympathiser", but because I am a die hard Charlton fan who will support the team and go to every home game I possibly can to get behind the players and cheer when we win, and scream obscenities when we lose.

But hey whatever you keep cracking on mate
  • Sponsored links:

• smiffyboy said:

Have to say that's exactly how I saw it from what's I was, though the pretending to shoot Katrien was a funny moment.
  • Croydon said:

I'd be interested to know what JBG said to the lad, he of all people should be keeping his mouth shut after the season he's had.

Everyone says this, and compared to last season he hasn't been brilliant but he's still in the top 5 of the assist. Table over the whole season in a shit team
  • sam3110 said:

Uboat said:

sam3110 said:

Bottle jobs

Stewards done nothing until the idiot got in the face of a player

No more stewards than normal just instead of congregating around the SE and SW corners they went and stood in the NW corner

This was the biggest opportunity to get your point across and make the difference you have banged on about and what happened? A few beach balls thrown on the pitch and a couple of whistles from the crowd.

The point has been made, but I'm not sure its the point you wanted to make...

This is bollocks though. Failed attempt to misrepresent a very successful afternoon for CARD.
    Yawn.

I couldn't give a toss about trying to "misrepresent" CARD, especially seeing as they weren't responsible for the damp squib of a pitch invasion.

There has been much talk of the funeral, the walkout, the whistles, the beach balls and the non renewal of tickets. They are all fine and dandy, but in my eyes the beach balls and the whistles are just a minor distraction, like the masks were. The funeral was something that has been done many times before, and again in my opinion is much ado about nothing.

The walkout again wasn't a huge success, but the way we were playing probably didn't help that anyway.

The non renewal is probably the biggest one you guys can jump on to, but I for one, as I have always stated, will be renewing.

Not to line the pockets of the Belgians, not to support the regime, not because I'm a "Roland sympathiser", but because I am a die hard Charlton fan who will support the team and go to every home game I possibly can to get behind the players and cheer when we win, and scream obscenities when we lose.

But hey whatever you keep cracking on mate
    You talk almost as much shit as Colin.

You couldn't give a toss about trying to misrepresent CARD, followed by yet more bollocks misrepresenting them.
  • edited March 2016
    Haha what's misrepresenting about what I said? I said the main thing CARD needs to focus on, which is the season tickets.

I also outlined why I think certain protests didn't work as well as people hoped, for instance us beating Boro didn't help the walk out protest.

I actually commend the people who decided to walk out, its something that would be a very hard decision for anyone and although it's not something I agree with I'm not going to tell people they aren't loyal etc.

But hey again you crack on with personal shite matey, I'm sitting here with a nice Rioja after having a lovely roast I cooked after an enjoyable game of football in which my team defied the odds and won.

Have a lovely evening @Uboat
  • aliwibble said:

sam3110 said:

All fart no shit

In many circumstances that's the most desirable outcome

Many circumstances?!? I can't think of any circumstance where I'd rather my fart turned into a bona fide excavation of my bowels. You must be into some freaky, er, shit.
  • sam3110 said:

Haha what's misrepresenting about what I said? I said the main thing CARD needs to focus on, which is the season tickets.

I also outlined why I think certain protests didn't work as well as people hoped, for instance us beating Boro didn't help the walk out protest.

I actually commend the people who decided to walk out, its something that would be a very hard decision for anyone and although it's not something I agree with I'm not going to tell people they aren't loyal etc.

But hey again you crack on with personal shite matey, I'm sitting here with a nice Rioja after having a lovely roast I cooked after an enjoyable game of football in which my team defied the odds and won.

You really are living the dream, aren't you.
    I'm on sauvignon tonight, but the wife cooked dinner for me. I was in a bit of trouble though, because the protesting made me late. You don't even have to worry about that, do you.
  • olster said:

I can't be the only one who now looks like a knob for telling their mates to watch the game on tele, as there's going to be a pitch invasion and it'll get interesting.

You haven't come out of this looking well @C4FC4L1f3 and it's detracted from the excellent work that @CARD put into today.

Either way, well done @boggzy - you should be proud, and I hope nothing more comes of it.

To be clear - it had nothing to do with CARD - this was @C4FC4L1f3 's own protest (presumably with others organising).

CARD was the pre-match funeral etc.
  • se9addick said:

olster said:

I can't be the only one who now looks like a knob for telling their mates to watch the game on tele, as there's going to be a pitch invasion and it'll get interesting.

You haven't come out of this looking well @C4FC4L1f3 and it's detracted from the excellent work that @CARD put into today.

Either way, well done @boggzy - you should be proud, and I hope nothing more comes of it.

To be clear - it had nothing to do with CARD - this was @C4FC4L1f3 's own protest (presumably with others organising).

Beat me too it!

This wasn't planned by CARD!

There were three groups and I agreed to put my neck out and make it public as requested.

We cost the club an extra £40k in security apparently when this thread was put up.

I will find out more when I talk with the police and club tomorrow. Will also do all I can to make sure the two guys are let off.

• Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:

olster said:

Yes of course, but 18 pages of talk on here and a lot of posturing at the game have unnecessarily detracted from CARD's work.
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

se9addick said:

olster said:

Beat me too it!

There were three groups and I agreed to put my neck out and make it public as requested.

We cost the club an extra £40k in security apparently when this thread was put up.

I will find out more when I talk with the police and club tomorrow. Will also do all I can to make sure the two guys are let off.

Why would they listen to you?
  • The old bill only listen to thier own............we need NLA to have a word :smile:
  • Uboat said:

sam3110 said:

I'm on sauvignon tonight, but the wife cooked dinner for me. I was in a bit of trouble though, because the protesting made me late. You don't even have to worry about that, do you.

Nope because I am the chef in my household, and I am not under the thumb of my girlfriend enough to be told what time I should be home by. Besides, she is also a season ticket holder and illness meant she missed today, but still caught it all on TV.

But that's all by the by, I am sure you are a decent person, but telling me I talk shit when all I have done is voiced opinions and given a different perspective is pretty fucking abide and petty, don't you think?
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

se9addick said:

olster said:

Beat me too it!

I really can't see that there was an extra £40k of stewards/OB inside the ground because of the potential pitch invasion. Maybe because of the other stuff that was planned, but the pitch invasion appeared to attract about 10 extra stewards to the west corner of the NL which, it turns out, was all it took.
  • edited March 2016
  • Uboat said:

sam3110 said:

Uboat said:

sam3110 said:

Nope because I am the chef in my household, and I am not under the thumb of my girlfriend enough to be told what time I should be home by. Besides, she is also a season ticket holder and illness meant she missed today, but still caught it all on TV.

But that's all by the by, I am sure you are a decent person, but telling me I talk shit when all I have done is voiced opinions and given a different perspective is pretty fucking abide and petty, don't you think?
    A difference of opinion is one thing, but when you try to belittle and misrepresent some very effective protests, then you are talking shit. Plus you're a serial offender anyway.
    Now, do the washing up.
    Haha, why don't you jog on?

Once again, an opinion on how effective some of the protests are, is just that, an opinion.

We'll see just how effective they are in the coming months won't we?

FWIW, I wouldn't shed a tear if Roland sells up tomorrow, or even if he dies, but like I have ALWAYS said, I don't see why he would sell and I believe he won't be swayed by the protests, and therefore I won't partake in them, but I am free to express my views on how effective I perceive them to be, and I don't think throwing beach balls on the pitch and holding a funeral for the soul of the club will sway the stubborn Belgian in any way.

But like I said, I am never going to resort to petty name calling and snide comments on here, so you can swivel as far as I care