Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v MK Dons 2016 post-match views

Comments

• matt88 said:
    Indefensible. I fully understand the urge to elbow every one of the MK players and management, but the player literally did nothing to possibly justify that reaction.
  • matt88 said:
    Charlton manager Jose Riga, meanwhile, claimed he had not seen the clash.
    Have we also got Arsene Wenger in on loan?
  • I suspect we will be playing MKDons again next year in tier 3. They were an earnest hard working team and dominated for most of the game but were generally poor but we were worse; disjointed and lacking any drive (until Lookman came on).
    Pope is a good shot stopper but got away with two awful kicks last night that could easily have led to them scoring. Bring back Henderson please.
    I thought Tex and Fanni played alright. Fanni is like a smaller version of Diarra but maybe not yet fit for two games in a week.
    Motta is a bit of a nutter, very attack minded but prone to running out of position. At least he gave us a bit of excitement with his forays down the wing.
    Fox played his usual crap game. I actually think he will blossom in Div 1 and become a good defender at that level but clearly he is unable to attack.
    Suk-Young is speedy but ineffective just like Bergdich. Why did we replicate what we already had?
    JBG seemed to be trying but he couldn't get into position to fire off his shots.
    Cousins is one of my favourite players but did not get a grip on midfield. One lovely shot went just wide. I think he tries too hard, if that makes any sense. At least he cares.
    When Poyet first played for us he read the game like an old pro; intercepting , beautifully times tackles and then off loaded the ball very well. He seems to have lost his mojo completely. He still passes the ball accurately but does not take any risks. Most of his work was done in our half, not going anywhere. Football is very much a confidence game and I wonder if he has been overawed by the West Ham stars or something like that. He probably needs about ten games to get into his rhythm again but we don't have time for that.
    Big Mak is getting slated but he is another confidence player. he actually won a lot of headers and chest downs but they all seemed to be going to the opposition. The crowd then gets on his back and his head drops.
    Harriet played well. A couple of times he beat about four players but couldn't quite lay the ball off or get a shot in. Has Riga explained why he subbed him?
    Lookman completely changed the game. We all surmise he is only allowed ten minute cameos for fear of him getting injured and thus Duchatelet losing out on his multi million pound transfer fee. He is a delightful player. I hope we get to see more of him before the end of this awful season.
    As for Sanago...words fail. He should be banned for a long time.
  • Apart from removing our main attacking threat in the second half, removing Harriott also exposed our right side of defence. Having Motta, who is much better going forward than defending and JBG on the same side is a recipe for disaster against better sides
  • Didn't make it last night and on the strength of this thread probably won't bother Sunday. I said in the pre-match thread only a win will do so 0-0 was a bad result. League 1 is a definite, we have an owner who is deluded, a CEO who is both incompetant and a liar and a coach who is clueless. Add to the mix players who have given up and you are left with a depressing mess. Jeez I can't ever remember (even when we lost the Valley) being so downbeat about the future.
  • Bit late to the party again as have just arrived back in East Sussex.....

Well, it seems that way as we got back to our car at 10.10pm and parked it back in Wadhurst at 1.15am.

WTF !!!! 3 hours to cover a 75 minute journey !

Serious accident on A21 which meant in a queue for 90 mins then road ahead closed for routine maintenance with NO clear signs beforehand to warn us warranted an adventure across country via pitch black lanes in the middle of nowhere. Not sure how Mr F managed to hit the brakes to avoid a slow crossing badger en route - we need all the black & white support we can get.

As for the post match thoughts ? Nothing to shout about until the last 10 minutes or so in a half empty stadium plus a player red carded - what's new ? That's about it, in all honesty.

It's all been said so many times before. We're just not good enough.

The end is nigh.

glad you got back in one piece, arrived in Battle at 1.45am, two hours later than usual. What a crap night all in all.
  • DRAddick said:

matt88 said:
    Indefensible. I fully understand the urge to elbow every one of the MK players and management, but the player literally did nothing to possibly justify that reaction.
    Hmmm struggling to agree when it comes to Antony Kay...Wasnt he the c#nt who twice hacked down Wagstaff when we played Huddersfield at their place and had Russel sent off ourselves?
  • Is Riga not playing lookman because he's been told he's the biggest asset and needs to be protected to sell in the summer? I cant think of a good reason why not to play our best player in a scrap unless there's someone without a football brain making the decisions
  • DRAddick said:

matt88 said:
    Hmmm struggling to agree when it comes to Antony Kay...Wasnt he the c#nt who twice hacked down Wagstaff when we played Huddersfield at their place and had Russel sent off ourselves?
    I'm pretty sure Kay was up to something with Sanogo, although I only saw the tail end of it and Sanogo's long arm swipe in Kay's face. Still, Sanogo is an idiot for reacting.

Footballer's are total bitchfighters anyway. If you're going to belt somebody and get sent off for it, you may well as get your moneys worth by laying the twat out properly.
  • Kay was straight back up and into the melee when he was sure something had been spotted by the Officials.

It happened about four times in the second half where you saw a Franchise player down clutching their face and cant imagine a Charlton player being stupid enough to do it four times and risk not getting caught after the first attempt
  • Sponsored links:

• DRAddick said:

matt88 said:
    Maybe, but in that moment he did nothing.
  • Sorry but him and Dominic Blizzard deserve all they get, dont like it then they shouldnt dish it out
  • edited March 2016
    Missed It said:

DRAddick said:

matt88 said:
    I'm pretty sure Kay was up to something with Sanogo, although I only saw the tail end of it and Sanogo's long arm swipe in Kay's face. Still, Sanogo is an idiot for reacting.

Footballer's are total bitchfighters anyway. If you're going to belt somebody and get sent off for it, you may well as get your moneys worth by laying the twat out properly.
    Of course he would have been up to something, but no reason to hit him and get sent off - most defenders are up to something. Sort it out after the game if you must.
  • The prick plays for MKunts, he deserves far worse than an elbow to the face
  • Was KM at the match last night? I didn't spot her.

Also surprised that nobody has mentioned that T.Watt scored again for Blackburn.
  • Sanogo faces a three-match ban but, with 10 games remaining in the Championship, Robinson has called for the Gunners loanee to face a lengthier suspension in a crucial relegation battle.

"It was disgusting. He should be banned for the rest of the season," he told reporters. "He's clearly, off the ball, had a go and then a second one.

"Rob Hall too was clotheslined on the far side of the pitch. Some of the tackles were borderline assault. I was expecting to see the police in the tunnel at full-time.

lol
  • Its almost as bad as when Fergie thought that his player could have been killed when a Swansea player kicked it at him on the ground
  • edited March 2016
    matt88 said:
    Sure what Sanogo done was wrong but it was only a light elbow and the way Kay goes down is theatrical. It was more a push with the elbow rather than a thump. Obviously use of the elbow is not legal. But if I did what Sanogo ddone to Kay to an elderly lady in the street harder than what Sanogo done she would stay on her feet. Why not ban Kay for the rest of the season for his reaction as well then?

(Of corse I won't do that to an elderly lady though). I'm just making comparisons).
  • If only Mak and Sanogo (I think it was him) had timed their slides a bit better for that cross. All it need was one outstretched toe to make contact. All ifs and bloody buts, though, now, isn't it.

Also surprised that nobody has mentioned that T.Watt scored again for Blackburn.

and Lil Bo Peep Lawrie Wilson scored a screamer for Bolton
  • Sponsored links:

• Missed It said:

DRAddick said:

matt88 said:

Of course he would have been up to something, but no reason to hit him and get sent off - most defenders are up to something. Sort it out after the game if you must.
    except ours, we are too nice
  • edited March 2016
    Having looked at the players' marks on t'other thread, I find it interesting that we such different things watching the same game. For example, some rate Motta, other's just see a defensive liability; I suspect he was told to get forward as much as possible towards the end of the game, and that was when he was most caught out of position when they broke.
  • matt88 said:
    Sure what Sanogo done was wrong but it was only a light elbow and the way Kay goes down is theatrical. It was more a push with the elbow rather than a thump. Obviously use of the elbow is not legal. But if I did what Sanogo ddone to Kay to an elderly lady in the street harder than what Sanogo done she would stay on her feet. Why not ban Kay for the rest of the season for his reaction as well then?

(Of corse I won't do that to an elderly lady though). I'm just making comparisons).
    then you havn't seen it the same way I have. It's a jab back with the elbow and he deserved to go.
  • edited March 2016
    Addicted said:

Is Riga not playing lookman because he's been told he's the biggest asset and needs to be protected to sell in the summer? I cant think of a good reason why not to play our best player in a scrap unless there's someone without a football brain making the decisions

The 'shop window' in the form of Sky will be here on Sunday.

Expect Lookman to feature rather more than he did last night.

In terms of time on the pitch anyway.

The Regime don't give a toss about the results in my opinion.

The puppet Riga demonstrated that all too clearly.
  • matt88 said:

then you havn't seen it the same way I have. It's a jab back with the elbow and he deserved to go.
    Yes it was the back of his ellbow. But it was't a hard jab. It was a push jab. Still deserved to go for it and yes he had a little look round but it is the way that Kay goes down so easilly that annoys me.

I saw KM and RM after the game popping into José's office.
  • LouisMend said:

Was KM at the match last night? I didn't spot her.

I saw KM and RM after the game popping into José's office.
    Saying job well done José, Lookman didn't get injured and we're one step closer to that elusive cost-reducing relegation!

• Also surprised that nobody has mentioned that T.Watt scored again for Blackburn.

Bloody good goal too. Beyond the technical ability of our players
  • Clear elbow but Robinson is going way over the top. No mention of the fact that the only way they could deal with Lookman was by fouling him every time he got the ball.
  • Eugh can we appoint a manager please. We haven't had a manager since 2014 which is absurd.