Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v MK Dons 2016 post-match views

Comments

• dizzee said:

Riga is desperate to manage in England. His only opportunity is under this lot.

He isn't picking the team or making the subs, he has guidlelines as to what he is allowed to do.

I don't think it is entirely fair to blame him for half the decisions tonight.

He will have had so many restrictions on who he was allowed to start and who he had to sub at certain times.

We have heard it straight from SCP mouth that this is what it is like to manage under this lot.

We can't blame Riga for this - I still think he is a decent manager. You can't fluke the escape he achieved for us a few seasons ago.

But didn't he say when he came back that he was the manager in the dressing room and twoshits was the manager of everything else? I would say that Riga is a puppet,like the rest of them. If he had the bollocks he said he had regarding team selection then Lookman would've been on at half time or better still,from the start. Liked Riga 1st time round and thought he would be the man to get us out of trouble this time but he's dancing to Rolands tune unfortunately.
  • colin1961 said:

main area of worry is central mid , no creative play at all we badly lack a ball winning box to box player

been like that for the past 2 or 3 seasons......no wonder we have been getting worse & worse. I cant think of a worse CAFC squad of players - probably early 80's when we had the likes of Jonny Oostergard & Phil Ferns. I quite like Riga but tonight he lost the plot. No idea how he came up with that starting 11 and once again it was a completely different team to the previous game, which was completely different to the one before that.

Tonight was one of the worst games I've seem at the Valley in my 40-odd years of going - not because we were woeful as I've seen worse displays than tonight - but because there was no passion, no movement, no desire, no teamwork & ultimately too many not bothered if we get relegated as they wont be here next season so why should they worry.

Only positive to take away is that we are on an unbeaten run.......maybe only 2 games, but be thankful for small mercies.
  • Why do MacDons exist?
  • They shouldn't exist.
  • Karl Robinson, Goring to Winkleman's Hitler, said Sanogo is an animal and should be banned for the rest of the season.

His club should be banned from existence.
  • dizzee said:

Riga is desperate to manage in England. His only opportunity is under this lot.

He isn't picking the team or making the subs, he has guidlelines as to what he is allowed to do.

He's not? Then what the fuck are we paying him for then?
  • We have the 2nd worst goal difference in all 7 leagues of English football.
  • Sponsored links:

• Well, at least that puts paid to any silly dreams of pulling of a miracle...........
  • First game I have been to since Blackburn at home and I really regret handing over the 25 quid. One of the worst Charlton performances I've seen and it's upsetting the lack of urgency from most players, no one in a hurry to go forward, close down, take throw ons, goal kicks, nothing, it was slow and uncreative football. Our best chances were produced by Harriott (and he is average) and Lookman who was only on for 10 minutes. Lookman was more influential in the 10 mins he was on than everyone else for us the whole game, wonder why he was benched until then eh?

Bewildered how MK Dons have beat good sides, they were just as bad as us. Only thing they get credit for is they didn't let a player run forward with the ball for more than 10 yards. Where was our urgency to close players down? To win the ball back? To get the ball forward? Nowhere, you can just tell the majority just can't wait till it's over. Credit to Fox, Harriott and Cousins, actually put themselves about like they care, Mak, Poyet etc do one. Mak is woeful and it really exposes how bad a manager Riga actually is keeping him on so long, can only assume Mak has threatened him if he doesn't let him play, what other reason could there be for getting 75 mins of playtime more than he deserved.

Pope- Below average, made saves any half decent keeper should make, some good goal kicks tbh, better than what Hendo serves imo but looked the most nervous player on the pitch.

Motta - Suspect defending, looks fancy at times, other times looks completely unaware and out of position

Jorge - Heard/Seen people slate him today but don't see where he has gone wrong, too good for us in my eyes and would be one of the last people I worry about.

Fanni - Get rid, was a player a few years ago but washed up now

Fox - Decent performance today, has moments going forward, can't cross to save his life though

JBG - Overrated, I am guilty in the past of this too, useless at dead ball deliveries, average vision for a 'playmaker' and lacks the dangerous pace to be an effecient winger.

Cousins - Can't fault his effort and energy, but he just can't pass, in all honesty though if his passing and defensive qualities were a bit better he wouldn't be with us so hey ho

Poyet - Back to West Ham please, no wonder MK Dons didn't play him much

Harriott - Let's be honest, I like Harriott but he is an average performer typically at best, really worrying he looked our most dangerous player until Lookman came on

Son- Ok going forwards, seemed to be quite confident on the ball, not the worst loanee we've had.

Mak - Return to sender, such an uninterested and awful looking striker, I didn't join in with the cheers because he is only human, but he should try a bit more, wins the header or chests it down and instantly just passed it to a yellow shirt, beyond frustrating.

Overall just really concerning, only players I'd want to keep in League1 out of that lot are Fox, Harriott, Cousins, Jorge and Lookman. Been written on the wall for sometime but I truly believe we were relegated today, was an absolute must win and we got about 2-3 shots on target? Woeful, I've watched league2 sides with more bite and urgency than us. May go again if I fancy some dark humour.
  • Any neutral watching would say that was the worst football match they have seen in a very long time.
  • nothing from @colin1961.....well there's a fucking surprise!!

Give the wum time and if we're really lucky SeriouslyRed will pop up.
  • colin1961 said:

nothing from @colin1961.....well there's a fucking surprise!!

He has just defended Mak on the Simon Mak thread
    @LargeAddick what was The Voice saying mate?

Basically that Yann never wanted to leave and was effectively forced out. Then, a deal was in place for him to return in January but Fraeye was sacked and RD pulled the plug at the last minute.
    More bollocks .....I see ....... Forced out all the way to the bank
    You are a wum.
  • colin1961 said:

Wrong team selection tonight for a game we had to win ..
    After Sanago and Big Mc performance v Reading they had to start tonight , instead we went with one man up front and left him isolated with no decent service .....
    Poyet and Fox very poor tonight but the main area of worry is central mid , no creative play at all we badly lack a ball winning box to box player

Make sure you congratulate squirrel face on a wonderful job she is doing.
  • Davo55 said:

With the notable exception of a few true Charlton players, the whole club is rotten to the core, from top to bottom.

Tonight looked like what it was - a match between two abysmal teams justifiably struggling, lacking ambition, leadership and ability.

We will go down. We deserve to go down.

The protests against Boro have to be huge. I call on all the boycotters to come to this, join the fight.

Spot on.
  • We've been down for a while now because there is too little too late. We can accept that and move on to next season in league 1 where we need to start again. The players bar a few don't have the fight in them and Makienok has to take pride of place there. Others don't have the confidence in them and Poyet last night typified this. There are too few decent players like Gudmundson in the team. The choices of sub were wrong last night. Plain and simple. Poyet and Makienok should not have been chosen to play and Makienok needs a real hard think about whether he has the character to play football at this level. It makes many people angry that they think they can perform like that with such half hearted passion.
  • Sponsored links:

• Mak nicking a living and so is poyet living off his old man , FFS go forward , never thought he was that good when he was with us before he ain't got any better for me overated , we need someone in the middle with the arsehole to grab the game by the scruff if the neck and drive us forward unfortunately we ain't got anyone who can do that,Lookman is our only hope that's if that twat plays him .
  • edited March 2016
    boogica said:

Mak nicking a living and so is poyet living off his old man , FFS go forward , never thought he was that good when he was with us before he ain't got any better for me overated , we need someone in the middle with the arsehole to grab the game by the scruff if the neck and drive us forward unfortunately we ain't got anyone who can do that,Lookman is our only hope that's if that twat plays him .

Come off it.
  • Mak is frustrating because he's capable of so much more when he puts it in. He was outstanding against Rotherham, for example. He'll never be a goalscorer though, just uninterested in getting in the box when he's made his link pass, and rarely attacks the ball when he is there. I felt he was hiding last night.

What's really annoying is that Riga could have started with Lookman or Harriott in the 1 behind Mak and then he had options without using a sub. In truth, all he had to do yesterday was switch JBG and Harriott and ask the latter to push up a bit if he wanted to go 442. But as Katrien would say, what do the fans know, we're not the pros.
  • redman said:

Greenie said:

Having read most of the post match threads on here I'm glad and and more importantly very sad that I have decided to boycott the rest of the season.
    It's as plain as the nose on yer face that Riga has constraints placed on him in terms of Looky, is pretty much hamstrung with said constraints because he has to manage the rest of the no hopers that are masquerading as footballers.
    It's just so fucking sad for all us supporters, we're good honest people who put our time, effort and love into our club just to have it mis-managed by a few arse holes who don't share the same love.
    The thing is that it could have been so different.
    However, they say you have to hit rock bottom before you can climb up again, and we will, but when I don't know.
    As soon as the Rat and Liar leave I will be back. I do hope it happens in the summer.
    To all those who soldiered through this evenings debacle I doff my cap to you all.

U doing anything to help? or just leaving it to others. Don't moan - get off your arse and do something!

Let me help you young lady, I've been to every protest since the first one, bought several b/w scarves to give to friends and family and made suggestions to CARD for future action on various threads.
    But for the last two games I have boycotted the Valley as I feel that is the only way forward. Not that I need to justify how I have helped my club during the last forty years to someone who don't know which way is up.
    Now run along Miss because I believe you may be late for school.
  • Don't get Mak. Can have good games yesterday was terrible should have been off at half time.

Cannot believe Poyet was ever player of the year completely anonymous did nothing

Harriot/Fox care. Both played with commitment.

Bitterly disappointed.
  • We've been down for a while now because there is too little too late. We can accept that and move on to next season in league 1 where we need to start again. The players bar a few don't have the fight in them and Makienok has to take pride of place there. Others don't have the confidence in them and Poyet last night typified this. There are too few decent players like Gudmundson in the team. The choices of sub were wrong last night. Plain and simple. Poyet and Makienok should not have been chosen to play and Makienok needs a real hard think about whether he has the character to play football at this level. It makes many people angry that they think they can perform like that with such half hearted passion.

Agree with this - except I don't think we will start again in league 1. The regime will simply repeat the same disastrous formula but with an even lower budget.

We need them to go, then we can start to be our Charlton again.
  • colin1961 said:

Wrong team selection tonight for a game we had to win ..
    After Sanago and Big Mc performance v Reading they had to start tonight , instead we went with one man up front and left him isolated with no decent service .....
    Poyet and Fox very poor tonight but the main area of worry is central mid , no creative play at all we badly lack a ball winning box to box player

needed jacko in there ;)
  • Dizzle said:

How Gudmundson avoids any critics I will never know. I watched him for a lot of the game today, as he is potentially our most creative player. He just saunters about, casually jogging, going through the motions. I know most of the others seem that way too but he is supposed to be one of the better players in the league. Didn't track back, didn't close anyone down. I cannot remember anything remotely useful that he done for the whole 90 minutes

he's been like that all season, but somehow people still love him off