Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v MK Dons 2016 post-match views

Comments

• Cant see anyone spending money on Kashi, Baeur or Igor with their injury records.

Actually that is something I had not considered VG, good shout. Not sure if Kashi would be too lightweight for the cloggers of L1, I guess we will find out in August.
  • Might as well send Sanogo back to the gooners no point having him cluttering the place for the next couple of weeks He's streets better than Mak but we're down already so we'll be no worse off watching the Dane stumble about there might be some gallows humour in his ineptitude On the subject of superfluous loan losers the loafer formally recognised as Diego Poyet can fuck off back to wetspam for all the effort the sponging prick has expended we'll be no worse off with the execrable Ba

Is it a three game ban ? If so I agree, I'd send him back now and give Umerah & KAG more minutes in a situation with little pressure. We're going down so lets try and get the most from it.

• Cant see anyone spending money on Kashi, Baeur or Igor with their injury records.

Unless they have relegation clauses
  • Did anyone else notice the pushing and shoving match with Fox and Texeira (I think) during a break in 2nd half play?
    Sums up the spirit and camaraderie amongst the players.
    From the owners, through to the manager and this group of players, the club is rotten to the core.

In any game, let alone an absolute 'must win' like last night, you would class that performance as pathetic.
    How long have we been saying we need a creative central midfielder? We have no 'out' ball in the midfield - a player who is genuinely comfortable in possession and can get their head up to pick a telling pass.
    I was absolutely gobsmacked at Poyet's performance. Unrecognisable from the player of 2 seasons ago, you could see he didn't want the ball. On the odd occasion he couldn't avoid it, his passing contributed nothing other than to suggest to the recipient 'there you go mate, your problem now'.
    Makienok might do ok in a League 2 team, which is handy since that is where we are heading the season after next.
    I don't care if I ever see Sanogo play for us again after his idiotic behaviour at the end. Tosser.

100% relegated and may I say it is most richly deserved.
    As the RD masterplan moves a significant step forward, I wonder if he will take this opportunity to rename the club 'Crewe of the South'.

Agreed but equally it will not stop RD farming them out to another network club for the tried and trusted "undisclosed fee" whilst he replaces them with more network dross.
  • masicat said:

Devastated. Was embarrassed when our library in the North sang to Riga following Harriots substitution and then cheered Mak off when he was substituted. Just about finished it for me. The valley is now a toxic place to watch football, I've got better things to do.

This. What was being served up by the players was dire but, for a long time, and I'm including before the Belgians came to SE7, a trip to the Valley has been as much a horrible experience for the toxic atmosphere and the haters hating. I'm 100% not laying any blame for where we are on supporters and appreciate the performance-atmosphere chicken and egg situation ( I sound like David Brent) but, for what was our biggest game of the season, the numbers were terrible and we were outsung by about 27 MK Dons fans. The only time we made any noise was to moan.

For so many reasons, I'm at the point where I can't wait for the season to end when my season ticket is expired and I have an excuse not to go anymore.

• A desperately poor game, that's 2 awful games against MKD in which we've got 1 point out of 6, and frankly deserved no more. 2 wins and we'd be above them...

Agreed but equally it will not stop RD farming them out to another network club for the tried and trusted "undisclosed fee" whilst he replaces them with more network dross.
    This is what'll happen... Bergdich / Ba / Kashi will end up at either Ujpest / Alcorcon / Truden or they'll be "sold" to Standard Liege
  • boogica said:

Mak nicking a living and so is poyet living off his old man , FFS go forward , never thought he was that good when he was with us before he ain't got any better for me overated , we need someone in the middle with the arsehole to grab the game by the scruff if the neck and drive us forward unfortunately we ain't got anyone who can do that,Lookman is our only hope that's if that twat plays him .

Come off it.
    Come off wot so you obviously rate Mak and poyet?
  • As people know I'm not usually openly critical of the players and will try to find the positives from matches rather than the negatives yet one thing (despite being really small) really did shock me yesterday which needs addressing fast.

Think an MK Dons player was down in the second half as the match had briefly paused... Motta was waiting to take a throw in and he had Gudmundsson / Makienok with him plus another Charlton player all of them were completely silent.

On the other hand you hand Antony Kay and Dean Lewington talking the whole time to their team mates around them, getting them to concentrate and continuously be alert, in comparison with our players they seemed total strangers who'd only just met!!

Most of them are strangers
  • Sponsored links:

• jams said:

As people know I'm not usually openly critical of the players and will try to find the positives from matches rather than the negatives yet one thing (despite being really small) really did shock me yesterday which needs addressing fast.

Think an MK Dons player was down in the second half as the match had briefly paused... Motta was waiting to take a throw in and he had Gudmundsson / Makienok with him plus another Charlton player all of them were completely silent.

On the other hand you hand Antony Kay and Dean Lewington talking the whole time to their team mates around them, getting them to concentrate and continuously be alert, in comparison with our players they seemed total strangers who'd only just met!!

Most of them are strangers
    The likes of Gudmundsson and Makienok have known each other all season though... talk to each other (In Scandinavian if you dont want anyone to understand you) just communicate so your aware of each other
  • I'm struggling to see why people are saying Callum was our best player. He certainly tried, but from where the bairn and I were sitting, far too often he made the wrong decision, or made no decision at all, and lost the ball.

At last, someone who actually watched the game, apart from one little run just before he was subbed, he was absolute shite! Lost count of how many time he lost the ball!

Mind you, they were all shite, the Brentford game kept my very slim hopes of us surviving alive, not any more, we're down and back in to the horrible abyss that is L1.
  • If Defence of Callum he was poor yesterday (Seemed terrified of running at the MK Dons in the first half) yet early in the second half a high cross field ball was played to him and he had to try to win a header against Dean Lewington who I'm sure didnt need to jump
  • HandG said:

masicat said:

Devastated. Was embarrassed when our library in the North sang to Riga following Harriots substitution and then cheered Mak off when he was substituted. Just about finished it for me. The valley is now a toxic place to watch football, I've got better things to do.

This. What was being served up by the players was dire but, for a long time, and I'm including before the Belgians came to SE7, a trip to the Valley has been as much a horrible experience for the toxic atmosphere and the haters hating. I'm 100% not laying any blame for where we are on supporters and appreciate the performance-atmosphere chicken and egg situation ( I sound like David Brent) but, for what was our biggest game of the season, the numbers were terrible and we were outsung by about 27 MK Dons fans. The only time we made any noise was to moan.

For so many reasons, I'm at the point where I can't wait for the season to end when my season ticket is expired and I have an excuse not to go anymore.

The crowd were fine. Plenty of noise for the first 20 mins, then things petered out as they witnessed the shit-fest played out by people who pretend they care when they pull on a Charton shirt.
    Owners, management, players - that's what is 'toxic' about our club.

I thought the crowd were OK too, all things considered. Its still nowhere near as bad as it was under Parkinson in League One. I'm surprised people forget how really toxic the Valley atmosphere was back then.
  • se9addick said:

Might as well send Sanogo back to the gooners no point having him cluttering the place for the next couple of weeks He's streets better than Mak but we're down already so we'll be no worse off watching the Dane stumble about there might be some gallows humour in his ineptitude On the subject of superfluous loan losers the loafer formally recognised as Diego Poyet can fuck off back to wetspam for all the effort the sponging prick has expended we'll be no worse off with the execrable Ba

Is it a three game ban ? If so I agree, I'd send him back now and give Umerah & KAG more minutes in a situation with little pressure. We're going down so lets try and get the most from it.

Don't you go getting all logical about our situation for goodness sake, whatever next :wink: .
  • vff said:

Baffling team selection. Taking off Harriott when he was the best player. Sanago on the bench. Lookman not on until 82 mins. Riga showing he does not have a clue like the rest of the appalling and clueless Duchatelet regime.

Agree with that. Taking Harriott off when he'd just started to cause some real problems. All momentum was sucked out of the game right there.
  • edited March 2016
    A lot of overreactions here.

Sure Makienok was toilet, but it's a team game.

You can't blame our worst player for us drawing when so many others barely tried themselves.

Riga is still a decent manager... He just doesn't have the quality or strength in depth he had last time.

This time he has more raw players, more past it players and less Championship quality.
  • masicat said:

So true masicat, the support is toxic and it gets to the players but also they are pros who should let it go over there heads but it's hard to play at the Valley at the moment it seems! In the past some people used to be on Leaburns back (sometimes using racial abuse in the 80's and early 90's I heard it so I know) anyway some fans get well behind us but 2% ;) don't get behind players they don't fancy and cheer when they are subbed, used to happen to Harriott himself,as you say it's horrible to hear but also you argue fans work hard all week and pay there money to see Charlton players put in 100% effort but it's not happening this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Could still have realised, as pretty much everyone else had, that Makinok is utter pish and brought Lookman on a lot earlier
  • We go to Rotherham and beat them conclusively thus engendering a false sense of optimism .. Rotherham bring in a proven winner of a manager in Neil Warnock and immediately start to win and climb up the table .. we do not capitalise on the Rotherham result and are still stuck with a foreign manager who, despite a few months managing in England, is by no means experienced enough to get the Addicks players to perform to anything like the consistency and pattern required to get us out of trouble ... here endeth the lesson

Reminds you when we beat West Ham 4-0 at the Valley that season...
  • What we really need to know is how far away are our injured players:

Chris Solly
    Igor Vetokele
    Patrick Bauer
    Cristian Ceballos
    Ahmed Kashi
  • Halix said:

Could still have realised, as pretty much everyone else had, that Makinok is utter pish and brought Lookman on a lot earlier

A very fair point, to which he concedes in his interview he left it too late.
  • I HAVE AN IDEA. We have spent two years watching the Belgian Bunglers killing our Club and proving beyond doubt that they have absolutely no idea how to run a football Club. Lets forget football for a moment, we need to take advantage of the dubious talent that they do have. Lets challenge DFS in the sofa market ! We can put sofa's all round the pitch, we can use ball boys, mascots, and the 20K committee to fill them. As the crowd reaches 9,000 in the First Division, Katrien can call it ' so-fa so good '
    Think of the clever promotions we can run. Free season ticket with every three piece suite, buy 14 chips get 14 free then making a proper portion. We could have one of those £1 per minute phone lines where supporters call and try to pronounce the name of one of Roland's latest network wonders. If they get it right they will win 10 free season tickets because we sure as hell will have a lot of empty seats to fill.
    I have also been hearing some rumours. We are considering putting Big Mak as we laughingly call him on a plinth beside Sam Bartram the other statue. Also Katrien was planning a trip to Rotherham to find out how they are about to avoid relegation, but the Receptionist told her ' find a British Manager with a good record in English football, and give him responsibility for the team you silly cow '. Right I feel better now, Nurse said 'you should be ready soon to watch Charlton again. I've fired her.'
  • Given that the relationship between her and the fans is as low as it possibly can be – the fact that the owner doesn’t do anything about it tells you what you need to know about him and the disdain he holds for us. It is his club and the only fans he wants are those that accept this and let him run it as he sees fit. What a sad individual he is. And does she honestly believe she can continue to be effective in her role , given where we all are now?
  • Like most people say, send Sanogo and Poyet and Mak (isn't he on loan?) back to wherever they came from - they add no value whatsoever. Sanogo should be ashamed of himself after what he did (right in front of the ref too).
    Its clear that Lookman is being polished up to be sold at the first half-decent offer.

Bring on the protests this Sunday- lets get the goons out - your children/grandchildren need us !.
  • He's only a tit cos he got caught. Centre halves and centre forwards been doing that for years.