Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v MK Dons 2016 post-match views

Comments

• A must-win game - we knew a draw was as bad as a defeat - so we spend long periods going sideways or backwards and not putting the MK Dons defence under any pressure when they had the ball.

That must have been what Riga told them to do. In which case he is even more of a chump than evenI thought he was anyway
  • This bloke really has stunk the place out.
  • You know that Leeds protest where they had a coffin...

For KM and RD could just step up, that would be grand.
  • Surely black and white scarfs, stickers and masks have more of an impact
  • Dizzle said:

How Gudmundson avoids any critics I will never know. I watched him for a lot of the game today, as he is potentially our most creative player. He just saunters about, casually jogging, going through the motions. I know most of the others seem that way too but he is supposed to be one of the better players in the league. Didn't track back, didn't close anyone down. I cannot remember anything remotely useful that he done for the whole 90 minutes

His sole trick of shuffling inside onto his left foot has long ago been sussed by the opposition. And as for his corners!!! Has he EVER got the ball beyond the first man?
  • Sponsored links:

• Greenie said:

Having read most of the post match threads on here I'm glad and and more importantly very sad that I have decided to boycott the rest of the season.
    It's as plain as the nose on yer face that Riga has constraints placed on him in terms of Looky, is pretty much hamstrung with said constraints because he has to manage the rest of the no hopers that are masquerading as footballers.
    It's just so fucking sad for all us supporters, we're good honest people who put our time, effort and love into our club just to have it mis-managed by a few arse holes who don't share the same love.
    The thing is that it could have been so different.
    However, they say you have to hit rock bottom before you can climb up again, and we will, but when I don't know.
    As soon as the Rat and Liar leave I will be back. I do hope it happens in the summer.
    To all those who soldiered through this evenings debacle I doff my cap to you all.

U doing anything to help? or just leaving it to others. Don't moan - get off your arse and do something!

• colin1961 said:

Wrong team selection tonight for a game we had to win ..
    After Sanago and Big Mc performance v Reading they had to start tonight , instead we went with one man up front and left him isolated with no decent service .....
    Poyet and Fox very poor tonight but the main area of worry is central mid , no creative play at all we badly lack a ball winning box to box player

Remind me where Poyet was playing... I'm fairly sure that it was central midfield, so at least partly negates the "but".

Anyway, I'm sure you can have a quiet word with your friend Roland to address the area of need, and he can just.... Ooops! For some strange reason it appears that a) creative ball winning box to box players seem a bit thin on the ground and b) the transfer window has inexplicably closed....
  • When we were quieter than Franchise supporters......

Okay, my first game since September, but, I seriously didn't realise that we (supporters, team, atmosphere) was that depressing.

To actually be out sung by them........
  • A diabolical performance the players huffed and puffed no fucking guile or tactical nouse, the substitution of Harriot was bewildering it left the team totally exposed on their right hand side and it took Riga 15 minutes to realise the stupidity of his action and bring Bergditch (if that's how you spell his name) to balance the side. I wont, on this occasion berate the players they are simply either not up to perform at this level and are not coached/managed well enough to compete. We will be the Leyton Orient of Sarf London, a generation of fans bypassed with a club in a spiraling downward decline. I thought Riga just, just, might be able to stage a remarkable turnaround but I now think he got lucky last time. That initial substitution tonight was the mark of yet another man from the fucking regime who is totally out of his depth.
  • colin1961 said:

nothing from @colin1961.....well there's a fucking surprise!!

He has just defended Mak on the Simon Mak thread
    @LargeAddick what was The Voice saying mate?

Basically that Yann never wanted to leave and was effectively forced out. Then, a deal was in place for him to return in January but Fraeye was sacked and RD pulled the plug at the last minute.
    More bollocks .....I see ....... Forced out all the way to the bank
    Just what do you expect a professional footballer to do? Every last one of them is looking to be paid.

He was a key player, happy to stay and was willing to negotiate, but the regime wasn't.

You talk as I you know better than Yann, so, what was your role? If you were not involved directly, who is your source?

But, at least I can agree with one part of your post "more bollocks"
    @colin1961...please for the love of god, can you not see what RD is doing...don't blame Yann mate, blame your best buddy Roland, he makes the decisions, what does it take for you to understand? Roland has screwed up and we are in League 1 next year and potentially League 2 the season after, he is a danger to this club..please wake up and see what he has done.
  • people are having a go at Sanogo but I didn't see it - what did he do?
  • I’ve been on the wagon lately, but stopped off at a Sainsbury’s local on the way home for a bottle of Jameson.

How can you run a football club when the supporters know more than the club pros?

Jeez, we have a special talent in Ademola Lookman. FFS use him! We ain’t gonna have him for long!

I was unsure about how to vote in the referendum until tonight. Now I don’t want anything to do with Brussels - I want out!

Probably best I turn in now.

• I’ve been on the wagon lately, but stopped off at a Sainsbury’s local on the way home for a bottle of Jameson.

How can you run a football club when the supporters know more than the club pros?

Jeez, we have a special talent in Ademola Lookman. FFS use him! We ain’t gonna have him for long!

I was unsure about how to vote in the referendum until tonight. Now I don’t want anything to do with Brussels - I want out!

Drinking alcahol is the worst thing you can do if you are on the wagon when things don't go right. Have sweet cuppa instead.

Drinking alcahol is the worst thing you can do if you are on the wagon when things don't go right. Have sweet cuppa instead.
    Especially if you are the designated (wagon) driver....
  • Sponsored links:

• Another poor home performance. Riga not for the first time made some awful subs.

We've been down for a few weeks now. We don't have a team, just a bunch of multi nationals trying to play football together whilst run by a hapless regime.

League one will be a struggle next year
  • Does anyone reaaaaaaally think we have a chance of staying up now? Think I gave up caring halfway through the second half such was the complete lack of quality ( from both teams ) and that miss by their midfielder late on was outstanding. Soon as I saw Sanogos elbow connect with the defenders face I knew that he was off. But by this time I was thinking about my holidays than what this rag tag bag of vets, kids and loanees were going to be doing for the rest of the season. Remember the days when we had players that cared about playing for us? Not anymore, just give me my money so I can flounce around in the middle of park passing sideways or backwards with powder puff strength. Send them back to where they came from so we can get a proper team to get us out of the shit laden league one. Enjoy the Boro game everyone. I'd say I won't be tuned in to a match thread while catching some rays but I will have forgotten tonight and the old habit will kick in cos I am in this for life not just when we draw, lose or win.
  • edited March 2016

I can't believe people actually think Roland watches the games over a person video stream

This, I am sure he has much better things to do with his evenings.
    He probably fell asleep but not infront of the game
  • Rigas fault tonight,100%. Franchise were there for the taking and he bottled it. Shit line up,shit tatics, shit substitutions,in fact,it was all shit. We are down and on that evidence I would say franchise are coming with us,awful side. This Belgian freakshow must go. Now.
  • With the notable exception of a few true Charlton players, the whole club is rotten to the core, from top to bottom.

Tonight looked like what it was - a match between two abysmal teams justifiably struggling, lacking ambition, leadership and ability.

We will go down. We deserve to go down.

The protests against Boro have to be huge. I call on all the boycotters to come to this, join the fight.
  • Riga is desperate to manage in England. His only opportunity is under this lot.

He isn't picking the team or making the subs, he has guidlelines as to what he is allowed to do.

I don't think it is entirely fair to blame him for half the decisions tonight.

He will have had so many restrictions on who he was allowed to start and who he had to sub at certain times.

We have heard it straight from SCP mouth that this is what it is like to manage under this lot.

We can't blame Riga for this - I still think he is a decent manager. You can't fluke the escape he achieved for us a few seasons ago.
  • Team next season in league 1 needs to be along these lines with SCP in charge:

Pope

Solly *New Lennon Fox

Cousins Poyet Jacko Harriott

*New *New