Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v MK Dons 2016 post-match views

Comments

• dizzee said:

Riga is desperate to manage in England. His only opportunity is under this lot.

He isn't picking the team or making the subs, he has guidlelines as to what he is allowed to do.

I don't think it is entirely fair to blame him for half the decisions tonight.

He will have had so many restrictions on who he was allowed to start and who he had to sub at certain times.

We have heard it straight from SCP mouth that this is what it is like to manage under this lot.

We can't blame Riga for this - I still think he is a decent manager. You can't fluke the escape he achieved for us a few seasons ago.

But didn't he say when he came back that he was the manager in the dressing room and twoshits was the manager of everything else? I would say that Riga is a puppet,like the rest of them. If he had the bollocks he said he had regarding team selection then Lookman would've been on at half time or better still,from the start. Liked Riga 1st time round and thought he would be the man to get us out of trouble this time but he's dancing to Rolands tune unfortunately.
    Tbf even Sir Alex would be forced at gunpoint to dance to RD's tune.
  • edited March 2016
    I posted this before KO in the match thread;

RedChaser
    March 8 edited March 8
    Sanogo hat trick in the last home game benched for big Mak. Opportunity for the latter to be a hero and put himself about from the off, not only up top but defending corners!

From the radio coverage and all other accounts Mak was everything but a hero. Not just him though, the table doesn't lie and last night the team and management gave up the ghost without a whimper.

This is so depressing goodness only knows what next year's squad will look like but then again I'm getting to the stage of past caring until we eventually bottom out and can start rebuilding once again when the circus has left town, just hope I'm still around when that day comes. Sad, sad times indeed to be an Addick :disappointed: .
  • vffvff
    edited March 2016
    Makienok is not the best striker in the world, he has shown time and again that he does not have the ability to lead the line on his own. He can be Ok alongside another striker, who can hold the ball up - Sanogo or Vetekele (what has happened to Vetekele again ? ). The real crime here is Riga playing Makienok at the front, without Sanogo in a formation that exposes his weaknesses. Unless Sanogo was injured, he should have started with Makienok (if he was going to start).

The fault lies squarely with Riga, who's ill considered formation has probably wrecked the last shred of Makienok's confidence. What was Riga thinking ? I think Riga will go at the end of the season after relegation. Cue another rubbish network non entity.
  • I'm going to struggle not to totally lose it....massive game we had to win and that happens...clueless team selection,clueless changes made and to put the tin hat on it that stupid Arsenal knobhead goes and gets sent off.

We are dead and buried and what makes it even more depressing is that you know full well that the squad we will have in League 1 will be worse than the one we have now as no way will Roly spend cash on suitable replacements for the mass exodus of players that will happen this summer.

• What a performance that was to celebrate the 47th anniversary of my first Charlton game. It's the hope that kills you.
  • Halix said:

One thing that can definitely be confirmed from last night, Karl Robinson is a miopic twat.

Oh thats been obvious for years... Always has this smug face whenever Sky use him for live matches
  • Down with a whimper it's then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Greenie said:

Having read most of the post match threads on here I'm glad and and more importantly very sad that I have decided to boycott the rest of the season.
    It's as plain as the nose on yer face that Riga has constraints placed on him in terms of Looky, is pretty much hamstrung with said constraints because he has to manage the rest of the no hopers that are masquerading as footballers.
    It's just so fucking sad for all us supporters, we're good honest people who put our time, effort and love into our club just to have it mis-managed by a few arse holes who don't share the same love.
    The thing is that it could have been so different.
    However, they say you have to hit rock bottom before you can climb up again, and we will, but when I don't know.
    As soon as the Rat and Liar leave I will be back. I do hope it happens in the summer.
    To all those who soldiered through this evenings debacle I doff my cap to you all.

Greenie sums it up for me, I am boycotting and not going back to The Valley until RD, KM & RM are gone so well done to those that are still suffering.
  • If we keep players like Bauer, Kashi, Igor, Lookman, Cousins next season then it would be very difficult for even this shower of shit to mess it up, but the worrying thing is I wouldn't put it past them.
  • As people know I'm not usually openly critical of the players and will try to find the positives from matches rather than the negatives yet one thing (despite being really small) really did shock me yesterday which needs addressing fast.

Think an MK Dons player was down in the second half as the match had briefly paused... Motta was waiting to take a throw in and he had Gudmundsson / Makienok with him plus another Charlton player all of them were completely silent.

On the other hand you hand Antony Kay and Dean Lewington talking the whole time to their team mates around them, getting them to concentrate and continuously be alert, in comparison with our players they seemed total strangers who'd only just met!!
  • If we keep players like Bauer, Kashi, Igor, Lookman, Cousins next season then it would be very difficult for even this shower of shit to mess it up, but the worrying thing is I wouldn't put it past them.

Sorry to piss on your chips but the only player I can still see being here next season is Cousins as the rest will be long gone.
    I reckon Callum, Sols, Jacko, Fox, Pope, Mitov will stay all none RD players.
  • Roly and Kat really really enjoy rubbing our faces in shit Just when we think the barrel has been scraped thru we see new depths of degradation In no particular order: team selection and substitutions barely worthy of carol frayed, variously inept and shameful "performances" from numerous bodies in red, post match equivocation and weasel words from the stooge head coach and a match report on the OS littered with inaccuracies and drivel to the point of incoherence So much for the new comms boss
  • Pope
    Solly .. Lennon .. Fox .. Holmes-Dennis
    Charles-Cook .. Cousins .. Jackson .. Harriott
    Ahearne-Grant .. Umerah

The only good thing about being relegated would be the potential to see a squad like this being played every week, reckon they'd be competitive as well with maybe an additional Defender to cover Fox, Archie Edwards to cover Holmes-Dennis etc.
  • boogica said:

Mak nicking a living and so is poyet living off his old man , FFS go forward , never thought he was that good when he was with us before he ain't got any better for me overated , we need someone in the middle with the arsehole to grab the game by the scruff if the neck and drive us forward unfortunately we ain't got anyone who can do that,Lookman is our only hope that's if that twat plays him .

Poyet hasn't changed, the increased demands on his game has exposed his weaknesses. He doesn't seem to have any desire to improve as he continues with his receive, ultra safe pass routine. Almost like he's trying to protect his own stats rather than contribute anything that improves the playing position of the team.

I think the criticism of Mak's effort is unfair but he cannot play in tight situations. His best games for us have been when we have played swift attacks and he is receiving the ball in more space.

Karl Robinson is a knob certainly, but tactically last night he was better than any coach we've had for a couple of years.
  • Halix said:

One thing that can definitely be confirmed from last night, Karl Robinson is a miopic twat.

Oh thats been obvious for years... Always has this smug face whenever Sky use him for live matches
    He even had the nerve to say they deserved something more out of the game - LOL - they were complete crap.

Sadly, if CAFC can't beat complete crap like that then the short term future is not bright!
  • Sponsored links:

• I wish there was a way of finding out what Riga said to the players at half time. By then we had not caused the MKD defenders any problems and they could have subbed their goalkeeper and put on another outfield player in his place. Yet we came out and continued with the same lack of passion and no apparent sense of urgency. Does JBG get any extra training in taking corners? he either cannot get it over the head of the first defender or blasts it over the whole lot and past the back post, how can you have a plan for corners with this sort of thing happening on a regular basis. Surely somebody on the coaching staff can show that excuse of a centre forward how to bloody jump he is so ineffective he is making me wish we still had that useless piece of turd Simon Church (cannot believe I just compared Church to a turd as he was never as good as that). Please can somebody shot me and put and end to the agony.
  • Pope
    Ahearne-Grant .. Umerah

The only good thing about being relegated would be the potential to see a squad like this being played every week, reckon they'd be competitive as well with maybe an additional Defender to cover Fox, Archie Edwards to cover Holmes-Dennis etc.

I'm sorry but that team would get relegated from L1, don't underestimate the league and particularly the need to have players with experience of it to get out.
  • se9addick said:

Pope
    Ahearne-Grant .. Umerah

I'm sorry but that team would get relegated from L1, don't underestimate the league and particularly the need to have players with experience of it to get out.
    Have you see the squads in League One now along with the signings that they all made?

Think there were hardly any fees paid out with the majority being Free Transfers or Loans (the latter is going to be difficult for them and Roland because you'll only be able to sign a loanee in January or the Summer from next season).

You've got Solly / Jackson / Harriott who all made their debuts in League One...

Harry Lennon went from having made three Charlton appearances to being one of Gillingham's best Defenders this season whilst Morgan Fox had a successful loan spell with Notts County in League One a few seasons ago.

At the same time Holmes-Dennis and Pope have had successful League Two spells and have managed to raise their game to our level.

The only ones with question marks are Charles-Cook / Ahearne-Grant and Umerah... Even Jordan Cousins if you want to include him as he'll be the only first teamer who wont have played lower than the Championship before.
  • se9addick said:

Pope
    Ahearne-Grant .. Umerah

I'm afraid I have to agree with this, it'll be men against boys..............oh hang on a minute, silly me that's the whole idea so that we get to watch tomorrow's premiership stars :open_mouth:
  • I feel more depressed this morning now that it's starting to set in.

Oh Riga. Why why why give the only player with the quality to make the difference 10 minutes at the end. Just a complete lack of attacking intent until the 82nd minute. Everytime Suk-Young got the ball he just seemed to pass it backwards to Fox. JBG was bad, Makienok was unbelievably awful, Fanni's not fit, Poyet seems like he's fast-forwarded to the end of his career already.

Also, the people that decided to clap Sanogo off after what he'd done - moronic. The sort of ridiculousness which just about sums up the current predicament.
  • purdis said:

Halix said:

He even had the nerve to say they deserved something more out of the game - LOL - they were complete crap.

Sadly, if CAFC can't beat complete crap like that then the short term future is not bright!
    MK Dons looked very pretty on the pitch with their lovely passing but were god-damn awful in front of goal, its obvious why they're down where they are (like us they couldnt score in a brothel)... But Karl, neither team deserved to win as neither scored simple
  • The only words that can sum up last night is....

"What a complete and utter embarrassment"

Riga hang your head in shame.
  • Might as well send Sanogo back to the gooners no point having him cluttering the place for the next couple of weeks He's streets better than Mak but we're down already so we'll be no worse off watching the Dane stumble about there might be some gallows humour in his ineptitude On the subject of superfluous loan losers the loafer formally recognised as Diego Poyet can fuck off back to wetspam for all the effort the sponging prick has expended we'll be no worse off with the execrable Ba
  • Cant see anyone spending money on Kashi, Baeur or Igor with their injury records.