Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v MK Dons 2016 post-match views

14567810»

Comments

• We supported quite well until Harriott was taken off. There was still half an hour to try and win it!
  • vffvff
    edited March 2016
    The commentators on the radio commented after a rare positive attack that the crowd really produced a loud roar and got behind the team. Generally, if the team does something remotely positive on the pitch, the crowd gets behind the team.

Blaming the crowd as a contributory factor to being relegated to league one is totally incorrect. The squad is thin, the owners strategy misguided and wrong. Duchatelet hires unqualified and incompetent CEO, head coaches and coaches with a number players not fit enough, or have enough quality for the division. Add in baffling team and tactics with rubbish subsititutions.

So lets not blame the crowd for one of the most disjointed, poor quality and inept on team performances throughout the season in the history of the club. This the responsibilty of the muppets owning and running the club and the poor team and squad of players they have put together.
  • Leuth said:

Yeah, as bad as this regime is, our crowd have become monsters and it's fucking cringeworthy, not to mention counterproductive. Protest, yes, boycott even, hold banners, but don't make it a fucking hellhole for our own players you emotionally stunted idiots

So if I don't ironically cheer when Mak goes off will the next game his touch/movement/heading/positioning be better?
  • edited March 2016
    I don't agree with booing players, but it happens everywhere when a player plays badly and a club is doing badly. The motto of the protest is support the team not the regime!
  • vff said:

The commentators on the radio commented after a rare positive attack that the crowd really produced a loud roar and got behind the team. Generally, if the team does something remotely positive on the pitch, the crowd gets behind the team.

Blaming the crowd as a contributory factor to being relegated to league one is totally incorrect. The squad is thin, the owners strategy misguided and wrong. Duchatelet hires unqualified and incompetent CEOs, head coaches and coaches with a number players not fit enough, or have enough quality for the division. Add in baffling team and tactics with rubbish subsititutions.

So lets not blame the crowd for one of the most disjointed, poor quality and inept on team performances throughout the season in the history of the club. This the responsibilty of the muppets owning and running the club and the poor team and squad of players they have put together.

The players know that when they play well as a team, the crowd will become positive and animated and get behind the team and it's all good.

As you say, there hasn't been enough positive play over the season, in general and we all know that but attacking the players during the game and/or when they are substituted can only be counter productive.

I really don't believe Big Mak entered the field on Tuesday night thinking he would have a bad game. If you asked him, he still probably wouldn't be able to tell you why he had a bad game.
    Whether he's good enough for Championship football is another question.

It's difficult getting behind a player who is having a mare, of course but, as sure as eggs is eggs, if players come onto the pitch, fearing the aggression and venom of the fans - we have a serious problem.

I believe this to be the case and even though I'm not a huge fan of Fox, the lad has got balls because God loves a trier!

• Fox seems to play a lot better when he has some competent support in front of him. He gets up the field and shanks the ball into touch or out for a goal kick most times but occasionally he gets the ball in the right place. He's not as completely shit as people make out.
  • Might have been different if Riga had started him with Sanogo. I thought there was a great partnership there against Reading. When Sanogo came on, the crowd were on his back. Huge error by Riga there! He was winning headers but no teammate was near him to take advantage due to the system we were playing that was suited for an away match rather than one we had to win and where the away team set out not to lose!!!!