Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v MK Dons 2016 post-match views

Comments

• a must win game.

a pathetic TEAM performance.

honestly thought Harriot was poor in the 1st half, however he started the 2nd half completely differently and looked a threat, our only threat. can't have that, let's substitute him and leave Makienok on.

where do you start with Makienok's performance...hopeless.

criminal only bringing Lookman on with 8 left, MK were shit scared of him.

Riga-0 points tonight. piss poor substitutions. did he grasp the importance of that game because it certainly didn't seem to be instilled in the team.

we're down.

the Belgians must be ousted as soon as is humanly possible.
  • nothing from @colin1961.....well there's a fucking surprise!!

He has just defended Mak on the Simon Mak thread
    @LargeAddick what was The Voice saying mate?

I think you have mis-quoted using me Red
  • Typing without reading so may be echoing others.

Today was disappointment from the offset and today more or less sums up our season. Here's a list of what I found wrong with today.
    I will start with the fact Sanogo didn't start. He scored a hat trick and then was influential last time out against Brentford. You have to start a player like that. If he's fit enough to be on the bench then he should be fit enough to start in my opinion.
    The lack of passion throughout the team. We were playing a team who are down there scrapping with us. We let them [try to] play football and were absoutely awful. The likes of Poyet just didn't look interested.
    Our most creative player, Harriott was taken off when he wasn't injured. He was the only player to threat the MK goal. Everything was negative and sidewards. There were other players to take off instead of CH. For example, take Fox off, move Suk-Young to LB and play 4-4-2. It is not hard... this sets me up for my next point...

Why the f*ck are we playing with one striker at home against a team who we NEEDED to beat? It is ridiculous and they're negative tactics.

Rotherham won. Middlesbrough are due a win.

The fact MK Dons deserved three points is ridiculous. They wanted it more and that's so so so frustrating.

7 points adrift with a few difficult games coming up. I cannot see a way back from this.
  • Have to agree, bags of effort but ran in to too man blind alleys and little came from the amount of possession he enjoyed. I for one will not be watching 3rd tier football, or any football, while these people are running the club. Can't believe what is happening to my club so very very sad.

I'm struggling to see why people are saying Callum was our best player. He certainly tried, but from where the bairn and I were sitting, far too often he made the wrong decision, or made no decision at all, and lost the ball.

Basically that Yann never wanted to leave and was effectively forced out. Then, a deal was in place for him to return in January but Fraeye was sacked and RD pulled the plug at the last minute.
  • Sponsored links:

• What chance do we have when the spine of the team is Fanni, Poyet and Mak. If it wasn't so serious it would be funny.

Riga tonight proved he hasn't got a clue just like Pinnochio, Murray and Douchebag.

People in this club are stealing a living good luck with season ticket sales!

Basically that Yann never wanted to leave and was effectively forced out. Then, a deal was in place for him to return in January but Fraeye was sacked and RD pulled the plug at the last minute.
    Good god what a chuffing shambles.....so big mac instead of Yann..joke, just a joke!!! Roland has to go, he is killing the club, if he stays RIP CAFC!
  • Lookman must start games in future. We only looked a threat when he came on, as for that performance from Mak words really do fail me. Can't remember the last time there was no added time at the end of the first half.
  • Lookman must start games in future. We only looked a threat when he came on, as for that performance from Mak words really do fail me. Can't remember the last time there was no added time at the end of the first half.

I fear the future for Lookman is until May & he'll be gone in the summer
  • So in two games we've failed to score against MKD this season.

Taking Harriott off was a ridiculous decision, yes he made mistakes, but he was the one midfielder who at least gave their defence something to think about, who was able to do something different. Once he went off out attacking play got worse, something only rectified when Lookman came on.

A very poor performance and game. JBG's dead ball kicks are beyond a joke now, he really needs to get on the training ground tomorrow and not leave it until he's started hitting some decent corners, even if it takes all night.
  • vff said:

I'm baffled by Riga's selection for starting XI and dismayed by his substitution of Harriot. Makienok was next to useless, yet he plays the whole game. Sanogo and Lookman are on the bench. Why? That aside, we get another duff performance which proves, to my mind, that this team isn't good enough to remain in this division. For the umpteenth time this season, I make mental comparisons with the battling teams that Lennie Lawrence put out. When the chips were down, his players delivered. This lot don't and probably can't. It has the stamp of Management Ineptitude all over it.
    Sunday afternoon will be interesting. If the players can't provide decent entertainment, we'll have to make our own.

@Anna_Kissed I am struggling to see why I should attend another likely car crash performance on Sunday against Middlesborough. Is the best protest an empty ground ?
    Not sure what you mean, vff. People will protest as they see fit. Some will attend the game, some won't. Some attendees will sit quietly. Some won't sit and will be anything but quiet. Our club has been ruined and many Addicks will make their voice heard on Sunday afternoon.
    One o in Middlesbrough.
  • Lookman must start games in future. We only looked a threat when he came on, as for that performance from Mak words really do fail me. Can't remember the last time there was only 1 shot on target from the homeside time at the end of the game.

Fixed it for you

• I know Bergdich isn't Championship standard but he did put in 2 decent balls
  • Sponsored links:

• edited March 2016
  • I thought it could not get any worse......................wrong!!!!
    Preston was the poorest display I have seen since 1964, equalled tonight.
    Poyet? What has happened to him??? - Poor to say the least..........
    Big Mak, runs around sticking his leg out with little purpose.
    Harriott shows enterprise to go past players and gets taken off!!!
    Sanago held back until 60 mins and then let loose, but I didn't see what he did to get sent off so goodbye for next three games.
    Our own keeper wasted so much time and showed no urgency as though he thought a point would do...........
    Obviously Lookman's pace scared the crap out of them but too little too late
    JBG worse game for a while and failed to get the ball past the first defender for many corners
    Positives to take - none as we dint have one shot on target and their keeper didn't need a shower after the game.
    Hand me a knife please.........my mate has a banner for 'Boro on Sunday but I fear there will be nobody there to see it
  • Wow, no idea where to start. Excuse the bullet points but they're the only way my thoughts will have any coherence, if not style and structure.

- Two match unbeaten run! (lol) But draws are of course nowhere near enough.
    - Both us and MK Dons were, overall, fucking shite. No attacking impetus from either lot; both defences looked shaky at best.

-------------------

Player views individually:

- Pope: average. Was barely tested. Distribution is suspect; made a good save though from Rob Hall
    - Fanni: makes me shit myself whenever he gets the ball. Thought he would do something apoplectically bad today but thankfully he didn't. Liability/clear goalscoring opportunity waiting to happen. Did one or two not-that-shit things though.
    - Teixeira: the most average performance I think I'll ever witness. Did nothing while having had nothing to do, pretty much.
    - Fox: I hate saying it as he's one of our own, but he's not a great footballer and made the wrong decision a few times. Made up for it with a crucial block and a couple of authoritative tackles.
    - Yun: energetic, hard-working, and did a couple of decent things. Not much of an end product though. Bit suspect defensively.
    - Motta: some fancy tricks here and there, decent passing. HOWEVER: if he ever lost the ball up the pitch, he left the RH side of the defence wide open time and time again. Never comfortable with that especially as JBG and Harriott don't exactly track back.
    - Poyet: poor. Can pass it, but he's the type of bloke who once he's sat on his however many ks a week will just sit on them. Lazy at school, now he's "made it" he's lazy again.
    - Cousins: our best player. Not that he was anything much above average. Ran a bit, passed a bit, tackled a bit... meh
    - Harriott: taken off as soon as he got into his stride. Abysmal decision from Riga. Tried to be too fancy sometimes but an undoubted attacking threat.
    - JBG: a bit anonymous at times today; lacking in spirit really. Went through the motions.
    - Makienok: fucking abysmal. He has no interest in anything. Didn't know shit was stacked that high. Every time he got it he gave it away, pretty much.

- Sanogo: absolutely disgraceful and unforgivable at the end. Looked awkward both in terms of clumsiness and for the oppo to handle BUT WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU PLAYING AT YOU UTTER MUG.
    - Bergdich: how glad I was to see us bring on a wife-beater on International Women's Day. He can go. Not really that good at football.
    - Lookman: he felt like he was on loan to us from another dimension he looked that much better. My word. Good luck to him.

-------------------

Team as a whole:

- Tactically, I think our main problem can be summed up thusly: we do not press their defences hard enough when they have possession, allowing them to advance to halfway with ease. Conversely, we allow teams to press OUR defence into our final third. This has the effect of giving us no space and them plenty. Space is one of your best friends in football, and we never have enough of it, largely because of this ridiculous failing concept EVERY manager in this regime has tried to implement.
    - What was Riga doing with the substitutions?
    - We still look like a bunch of strangers: Fanni, Tex, Yun, Motta and Poyet were all signed in Jan. Pope has barely played; Harriott not long back from loan.
    - If that was truly the best they could do - in terms of effort, spirit, and quality - given the circumstances, we're down.
    - No-one seemed to care... like genuinely, not at all.
    - Fans did in fact try to get behind the team, despite it being so very hard to do so.

-------------------

It was an advert for the game of rugby, cricket, tennis, snooker, darts, skiing, whatever you like, that match. Shite shite shite game from both sides.

We're down.
  • If Sanogo was racially abused in the closing stages it was a justified act.

And where has that nugget come from?

Any evidence he was? If he was, then it's inexcusable but so is a professional reacting like that
  • vff said:

Louis Mendez interview with Riga and does he best with decent questions.

https://audioboom.com/boos/4277227-listen-cafc-riga-speaks-after-underwhelming-goalless-draw-cafclive

Pretty incomprehensible answers from Riga. He talks and talks and talks.

crap crap crap;and 2 games in 3 days derrrr! sat, sun mon , tues - isn't that 4? w........r

• Post match views...

1) taking Harriott off when he was clearly our.biggest threat going forward is one of the stupidest decisions I've seen. Riga has lost me.

2) regardless of how badly a Charlton player does on the pitch, cheering when he gets substituted is awful. Those of you that sarcastically jeered Makienok can fuck off. It's poisonous, you aren't supporting the team and you're better off staying away.

Re point 2:

- It didn't look like Makienok cared. He hasn't really ever looked like he's cared for the last several months. Beginning of the season sure, but even then it came off as a bit melodramatic with the whole staying in the centre circle after a defeat, head on hands at every near miss, whatever.

- All bar one or two of his flick ons, passes and headers reached a target. By and large he vaguely put the ball in the general direction of, um, somewhere else.

- He doesn't run. Genuinely doesn't. He thinks defensive work is to chase someone half-arsedly, and when they get rid of the ball, he can go back to walking. Note that I say WALKING, not jogging, or running. Walking.

- Worst of all, and I know I'm making this point twice, but he didn't look like he cared.

In my opinion, all of that fits the criteria I would have for jeering a player off. He's not good at football and doesn't care about the cause. He's getting his money and that's that. Great. He can fuck off.

Spat out my drink in laughter