Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v MK Dons 2016 post-match views

Comments

• There is no light at the end of the tunnel. We need the Belgians out before a ball is kicked in League 1.

We don't even have the solace that there might be an oncoming train....

Get that feckin' regime out.
    No good to us in a tunnel anyway, you wouldn't be able to read the number to record it in your notebook.
  • Team selection ridiculous. Starting formation ridiculous. Substitutions ridiculous. Performance atrocious. Relegation guaranteed.
  • Pope my man of the match, great save and after a little shakey start he really built into the game second half.

Contrary to the player marks I also thought Fox played well, great block late in the game and some hard tackles.

In my eyes Motta was 100x worse than Makienok or any other player today, countless times he tried that flick over the head and countless times he knocked the ball off the pitch. Suk-Young never passes apparently and don't get me started on Sanogo red card.
  • Who will be on the bench with Lookman on Sunday
    against Middlesboro'. No chance of him playing the 90 minutes.
    Riga = Puppet Man!
  • Fuck Riga, fuck Roland, fuck katrien fuck the lot of em. Disgrace again tonight ,
    Played like the away team ,
    Keeper didn't have to make a save , we deserve to go down .
  • I thought Luzon was an absolute joke of a manager and was delighted when he went, then we managed to pull a rabbit out of a. Hat and appoint someone worse in Fraeye. Finally after a simply dreadful record he goes ad we manage to find another worse manager in Riga who comes in declaring his love for the club and fans but must now have the worst record of the lot. Awful team selection, awful substitutions, unable to install a modicum of effort and desire in a must win match, has scouted and bought in more pathetic players and to top it all we Winn a corner with the last attack of a must win game at 0-0 and he tells Pope not to go up AND leaves a defender back too.

You don't know what your doing. Too bloody right.

CEO, Owner, Manager, all charlatans.
  • I can't believe people actually think Roland watches the games over a person video stream

This, I am sure he has much better things to do with his evenings.
  • Absolute dot on the card that the players would shit themselves tonight, League 1 next season
  • Sponsored links:

• Sanogo's sending off and his inability to get back onside were both shocking.

I would have started with sanogo, Mak up front with Harriott playing wide. Plan to sub off sanogo as not match fit for two games in so many days and put on Lookman.

Makienok and Harriott are not a good attacking combo.

Given the starting line up the subs looked planned in advance.

Riga must have been instructed to limited play Hendo and Lookman as both must have offers if fit.

Very poor for a must win game.

Two shit teams playing shit football.

• Whilst that maniac is in charge our decline will continue...

Why do people still continue to go the games?

He needs a clear, hard hitting message sent the only way to do this is his pocket.
  • Copy and pasted from Simon Maikenok thread:

BR7_addickBR7_addick
    10:38PM
    I'm glad someone beat me to making this thread.

That was the most pathetic thing I've ever seen, I long for Simon Church whilst watching him, from minute one he was hugging their centre half, and when called upon he gave it away.

I'm not intellegent enough to analyse his performace without using swear words and for that I apologise, but he's a fuckin donkey that's been a cancer amongst the team for some time now, he's like the puny useless kid at school that begged to play football at lunch, and when you finally let him play you just do all you can to avoid passing to him because you know he'll only cock it up, that's what I felt some players were doing towards the end.

And why WHY WHY did riga keep him on for 84 minutes you could argue he's cost us the game cos if Lookman or Sanogo had been on for longer we may have nicked one.

I pray I never see him again in a CAFC shirt, oh wait sanogo suspended!
  • Dreadful game between two poor sides - Poyet was completely invisible. Makienok struggled and it was only Lookman who brought the game to life.
    Lookman must be on his way if we wait until the 82nd minute to bring him on in a must win game.
  • Two poor teams played out a poor game. Mk Dons looked like they came for a draw and achieved it pretty comfortably. I can only echo the other comments on team selection, formation and substitutes, truly baffling from Riga. Fox and Harriot were the best of a bad bunch for me, with Mak having a stinker, Motta confirming he can't defend and Poyet infuriating by slowing down every attack with an easy 5 yard pass. I secretly had some hope we could stay up with a win today but sadly there is no chance.
  • Louis Mendez interview with Riga and does he best with decent questions.

https://audioboom.com/boos/4277227-listen-cafc-riga-speaks-after-underwhelming-goalless-draw-cafclive

Pretty incomprehensible answers from Riga. He talks and talks and talks.

• Sponsored links:

• Just home and still baffled by the starting 11, tactics, formation and substitutions.

A must win game and out first attempt on target is fifteen mins into the second half. Seems we started with a back three and went to a back four fairly quickly with JBG joining Makienok up
    top.

Two poor teams who produced football of below mediocre quality. MK clearly accepted a draw and began to adopt the nightly tactics of kicking away the ball, arguing, giving free kicks away whenever we looked like attacking.

Harriot comes off for Sanogo. Our most dangerous player removed. Bergdich for Poyet shortly after. So a winger off for a forward and then a central midfielder off for a winger. Riga then puts our left wing back on the right of midfield.

Lookman on after 82 and there followed our most dangerous period of play. In the time he was on he was fouled more times than any other player. He put in better deliveries than JBG has recently and scared the life out of them.

Didn't see what Sanogo did but he has let us down badly. Means that Mak will now be playing for the next three games.

In terms of players Fanni looks a little off the pace. Tex, Motta and Yun clearly have quality. Cousins his usual driving self. Harriot was able to make the correct decision most of the time. Pope had to sort his kicking out and develop a sense of urgency.

We are down and if that is how we approach must win games then we deserve to be. If ever proof was needed that those at the top don't give a shit about relegation then this provided it in bucket loads.

Depressing.

Agree with all of that. How can Lookman only be worth <10 minutes in a game we need to win as much as that. Mak can be a handful occasionally... but he can also be a waste of an alice-band, and tonight he was clearly the latter within about 25 minutes.

The thing is, the way that we set up for that game I think is absolutely right for Boro on Saturday - start off defensive, hope they get frustrated, the game opens up and we can nick it. MK were never going to do that... we threw away 55 minutes by setting up defensively against a team that had no interest in attacking us.

A back 5 + Poyet isolates the attackers, especially when one of them couldn't have played worse on purpose. I was probably most annoyed when he was offside that time... why?! He's barely broken into a jog all half, and he's sat f*cking offside? Fair enough if you've just chased a long ball down one of the channels Churchinho-style. Piss poor.

Sanogo clearly did whatever it was he did, and for that he's a Grade A twonk who we shouldn't be seeing again. And Vaz Te 'didn't fancy it' (or words to that effect) according to Riga.

If you look at the players we had on the pitch at full time, with or without Sanogo, good luck sorting that into any natural formation.

Need a good clear-out in the summer to have a chance in League 1, and not the clearout that we're going to get.
  • Yes for sure Lookman is the balance the books trade this season as Gomez was last season.

Heeeay heeay Roland, ooh ahh, I want to knowoohoh, why you're such a cunt.

I always hated this chant because it doesn't go down well with my lad. But it's true.
  • nothing from @colin1961.....well there's a fucking surprise!!

He has just defended Mak on the Simon Mak thread

He will be here soon telling us Yann wanted to go despite what the Voice revealed tonight
  • I'm struggling to see why people are saying Callum was our best player. He certainly tried, but from where the bairn and I were sitting, far too often he made the wrong decision, or made no decision at all, and lost the ball.
  • vff said:

Louis Mendez interview with Riga and does he best with decent questions.

https://audioboom.com/boos/4277227-listen-cafc-riga-speaks-after-underwhelming-goalless-draw-cafclive

Pretty incomprehensible answers from Riga. He talks and talks and talks.

Load of old bollocks he comes out with
  • Can't you just tell that Riga is under orders to play that bag of sh*t Mak every game.

How can we start a vital 6 pointer with Yaya and Looky on the bench ? - madness, total madness.

Sunday - yeah, play any old tossers, because we are going to lose, but for MKD we needed our best 11 out there.

Why take Harriot off when he was having such a good game ? - nonsense.

What a load of pants.

He will be here soon telling us Yann wanted to go despite what the Voice revealed tonight
    What did the voice reveal? Have I missed something?
  • vffvff
    edited March 2016

I'm baffled by Riga's selection for starting XI and dismayed by his substitution of Harriot. Makienok was next to useless, yet he plays the whole game. Sanogo and Lookman are on the bench. Why? That aside, we get another duff performance which proves, to my mind, that this team isn't good enough to remain in this division. For the umpteenth time this season, I make mental comparisons with the battling teams that Lennie Lawrence put out. When the chips were down, his players delivered. This lot don't and probably can't. It has the stamp of Management Ineptitude all over it.
    Sunday afternoon will be interesting. If the players can't provide decent entertainment, we'll have to make our own.

@Anna_Kissed I am struggling to see why I should attend another likely car crash performance on Sunday against Middlesborough. Makienok leading the line on a live Sky game, is not sure is something I want to see. The reaction of Middlesborough losing to Rotherham may not be good for Charlton.

Maybe Duchatelet will sanction Lookman playing as there is a chance to up the price of the player, if he has not agreed a sale already. That is not really a strong reason for me to turn up to see one of the future premiership stars on its own. I'll listen to a decent protest idea that is worthwhile turning up for.

Is the best protest for Sky an empty ground ?